Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geographic Profiler clears Kosminski, collars Chapman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geographic Profiler clears Kosminski, collars Chapman....

New article y'all may find interesting....

A geographical profiler claims his research clears Kosminski and point to George Chapman as the RIpper.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

From reading that article I'd wonder what if Stride or Kelly were removed (or others added) as i understand it the variables (crimes) chosen influence the profiles results. Also the profiler himself suggests the profile only gives a rough clue as to where the killer lived. (On geographical profiling hasn't it been used to bolster cases against both Hutchinson and Maybrick).

Kind Regards
    Chris Lowe

Comment

Hi all,

I am just wondering how big this "Centre of Gravity" actually is?

I am thinking that everyone within in this location is a suspect!
      Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
        No idea about the centre of gravity I tried google scholaring papers by him but found nothing on JTR. It looks like the story comes from a public lecture http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/news/new...sp?newsPk=1097
        which doesn't give any details about the centre of gravity.

Kind Regards
        Chris Lowe

Comment

Hi Chris Lowe (not Chris Lowe from the Pet Shop Boy's is it?)

I believe this idea has been tried before and could have sworn it was in one of the recent documentaries.

I am not 100% certain but I believe his theory is to create pinpoints from the crimes and over lap these until a "Centre of Gravity" is created, this is supposed to show were the murderer resides.
          Regards Mike

Comment

Following analysis of three linked crimes, for example, the offender's home or other location will be at the centre point of the triangle made by the three crimes.
            Utter . . . crap.

--J.D.

Comment

I'm not sure quite how geographic profiling could lead to 126 Cable Street being pinpointed as a likely bolt-hole given its location some distance to the South of the murder district. It clearly differs from Kim Rossmo's suggestion that the killer was domiciled in the Flower and Dean Street area (which didn't finger a specific suspect in the process). The latter would seem to make more sense in light of the killer's path of retreat from Mitre Square to Goulston Street.

Regards,
              Ben

Comment

Hi Mike,
                Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                I believe his theory is to create pinpoints from the crimes and over lap these until a "Centre of Gravity" is created, this is supposed to show were the murderer resides.
                Good-oh! Perhaps Dr Bryant will be announcing soon that he has found out precisely where Kłosowski was living between August-November 1888. Nobody seems to have had the definitive answer to that crucial question the last time I looked.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

So . . . if Jack actually travels to the US to kill people . . . and the "gravitational center" puts his home in the Atlantic Ocean. . . .

Yours truly,

--J.D.

Comment

Hi Gareth,

Just had another gander at the article; I've a sneaking suspicion that Dr. Bryant has Klosowski in the White Hart. He wouldn't be the first...!

Comment

Well, if we could draw up a map to include all those alleged to have been ripper victims it would be a great big "Centre of Gravity"
                      After all, we have supposed ripper murders in Africa, America, Australia, Manchester (if you believe the diary), Gateshead (if you believe Waddell was innocent) and loads in Italy (if you believe RDS did it )
                      Regards Mike

Comment

According to Star Trek, we must not forget those killed on Rigel V. . . .

--J.D.

Comment

Just been informed that an article appeared in todays Yorkshire Post concerining the theory.

There is nothing on their website but my friend has the actual report, which he is saving for me.

I will let you know when I get my hands on it!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                            Just been informed that an article appeared in todays Yorkshire Post concerining the theory.
                            Here it is:

The centre of gravity was close to the site where Tabram's body was discovered in George Yard Gardens, off Commercial Street in Spitalfields

George Chapman worked very close to the centre of gravity during the period, a barber's shop a few yards from the Tabram site, but was also linked with another work address in Cable Street, which is far from the central point

Aaron Kosminski was linked with two addresses both relatively close to the centre of gravity, but not as close as Chapman's home address.

Therefore the new research makes Chapman seem a more likely candidate for the world's most famous serial killer, although it also provides evidence backing the Kosminski theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              George Chapman worked very close to the centre of gravity during the period, a barber's shop a few yards from the Tabram site, but was also linked with another work address in Cable Street, which is far from the central point

Aaron Kosminski was linked with two addresses both relatively close to the centre of gravity, but not as close as Chapman's home address.

Therefore the new research makes Chapman seem a more likely candidate for the world's most famous serial killer, although it also provides evidence backing the Kosminski theory.
                              Thanks for that quote, Chris. It still rather begs the question of what proof exists that Kłosowski had definitely moved into the area by August 1888? Even if such proof were forthcoming, we still need to consider how many other potential "Rippers" lived in that area also.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                              X