Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
    As I stated a few pages back, this idea of lack of reason for going to Goulston St., is obviously discounting something that most investigators didn't at the time... the Goulston Street Graffiti.

So to claim there wasn't a reason to go there and back again omits this important fact of the apron find.

Also as pointed out by HarryD, Jacob Levy has connections to the Wentworth model buildings and may not have gone home at all.

In fact, with Levy, the GSG is given a context more illuminating than previously thought. While it could be that the GSG was directed in general to Jews that got in the way of JtR's crimes or saw him, we now have a direct threat against a specific person in a group who lived nearby and maybe could identify him. Namely, Joseph Levy.
    Discounting the graffiti...? Who has done that? Not me.

Just as is the case with the rag, it applies that if the GSG was written by the killer, then Jacob Levy is not as good a bid as somebody who lived in a prolonged line from Mitre Square through Goulston Street.

Basics, Batman, basics.

Comment

Can you please explain why you are asking if they are related then? Because being related isn't part of the case for Jacob Levy that I have been citing.

I thought you are objecting to the possibility of them being related and therefore there is some problem with that for you and until you know, it's all a non-starter.
      Because if they are definitely related, then its at least some kind of connection to the case (however tenuous) and could explain josephs apparent reluctance to give more info because he dosnt want to nark on his cousin.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Because if they are definitely related, then its at least some kind of connection to the case (however tenuous) and could explain josephs apparent reluctance to give more info because he dosnt want to nark on his cousin.
        I think even if he wasn't, there is a good chance they knew each other because they are practically neighbours and live in the same neighbourhood.

The primary reason Jacob Levy stands out to me is that he was an insane butcher living between Mitre Sq., and Goulston St., who seems to have a similar form of Schizophrenia to Kozminski and died in an insane asylum like Swanson seems to recall.

Joseph Levy being the Brighton witness and Anderson mixing up Jacob Levy with Kozminski, could explain nearly everything.
        Last edited by Batman; 12-13-2018, 04:49 AM.
        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

I think even if he wasn't, there is a good chance they knew each other because they are practically neighbours and live in the same neighbourhood.

The primary reason Jacob Levy stands out to me is that he was an insane butcher living between Mitre Sq., and Goulston St., who seems to a similar form of Schizophrenia to Kozminski and died in an insane asylum like Swanson seems to recall.

Joseph Levy being the Brighton witness and Anderson mixing up Jacob Levy with Kozminski, could explain nearly everything.
          We have the onset of early trauma when Jacob found his brother had strangled himself to death. Later medical reports relating to Jacob Levy say that his brother had died of a "throat cut". Did Jacob tell the doctors this? If so, why did a strangulation become a cut throat?

Levy's mother also died in May 1888 - possible trigger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Discounting the graffiti...? Who has done that? Not me.

Just as is the case with the rag, it applies that if the GSG was written by the killer, then Jacob Levy is not as good a bid as somebody who lived in a prolonged line from Mitre Square through Goulston Street.

Basics, Batman, basics.
            Prolonged line. No. The geographic profile is not a line. It denotes areas where the offender may reside.

The geographic profile is the coloured zones.

The non-coloured areas outside of any straight-line are not considered zones of interest in the geographic profile.

That is why Levy is a better candidate in the geographic profile than those outside of it first of all.

Second of all, the straight line is just in line with the hot zone in the centre. It doesn't speak to going on any further than where the colour separators are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
              We have the onset of early trauma when Jacob found his brother had strangled himself to death. Later medical reports relating to Jacob Levy say that his brother had died of a "throat cut". Did Jacob tell the doctors this? If so, why did a strangulation become a cut throat?

Levy's mother also died in May 1888 - possible trigger?
              The more I read about this guy, the more it looks like a recipe for JtR. He fits a lot of criteria. He has a family tragedy and syphilis like that of Hardiman and therefore possible triggers, the insanity of Kozminski but violent, he lives near and has connections to the GSG/apron, fits aspects of Swanson's claims, is probably connected to a JtR witness, etc.

King's article is quite compelling. Insane butcher with syphilis and family tragedy living in the heart of the murders.

Also apparently his wife even claimed he was up at night for his former diagnosis.

Comment

I doubt that Anderson would have mixed them up, simply because one doesn't pluck a name like "Kozminski" out of thin air. Cohen or Levy, yes; the much rarer Kozminski, probably not.

BTW, and for clarity, I have no particular issues with Jacob Levy as a suspect. He's arguably better than many others.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• at this point I do have a problem with Jacob levy as a ripper suspect, although truthfully I am warming up to him.

batmans latest on his residence and being around the corner from the GSG helps. Although I don't really agree with the claim that the gsg wording points specifically to Joseph Hyam Levy (his possible cousin)-I think if it did he would have actually named him!

Now that all being said-my issue with Jacob levy is this--what more really is he than another crazy jew in a long line of crazy jews put forth by the "profile" of Anderson and his suspect kosminski? and I agree with sam, kosminski is named by swanson AND McNaughten-no evidence of any mix up. I abhor the convoluted name mix up theories. mere muddle upon muddle IMHO.

He has no solid connection to the case-one could pull anyone out of a hat and fit him up to fit any of these profiles-crazy jew, vengeful doctor etc.

and a jewish ripper in general? nah. no credible evidence whatsoever the ripper was jewish, except the dubious ID story of Koz. IMHO the credible evidence points otherwise-the GSG implicating jews, the shout of a jewish ethnic slur Lipski directed to a jewish witness. what killer is going to implicate is own kind, and thereby himself?

theres nothing tangible whats so ever that points to levy other than he fits some profile. he lives close, he had mental issues, he was Jewish?

Thats it? sorry-not even close.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Prolonged line. No. The geographic profile is not a line. It denotes areas where the offender may reside.

The geographic profile is the coloured zones.

The non-coloured areas outside of any straight-line are not considered zones of interest in the geographic profile.

That is why Levy is a better candidate in the geographic profile than those outside of it first of all.

Second of all, the straight line is just in line with the hot zone in the centre. It doesn't speak to going on any further than where the colour separators are.
                    But we are not speaking of a geographical profile. We are speaking about a rag, thrown away of the killer after a murder. The most logical suggestion that can be made is that this happened as the killer was on his way home, and therefore, the most logical thing to argue is that the rag would be discarded along the way. And along the way does not in its most basic form comprise any area BEYOND the home of the perpetrator - basic logic tells us that he will take the shortest route home and he will not engage in any leisurely promenades in the surroundings before he goes to ground.

Those are the basics, and no ifs and buts can change them.

Comment

• Like Kosminski, would the Mental state of Levy still be such that it might well have been him that committed these horrid murders? Or was his illness too advanced for him to even contemplate murder?

Comment

• Abby Normal:

Now that all being said-my issue with Jacob levy is this--what more really is he than another crazy jew in a long line of crazy jews put forth by the "profile" of Anderson and his suspect kosminski?

Nothing at all. To be exact.

He has no solid connection to the case-one could pull anyone out of a hat and fit him up to fit any of these profiles-crazy jew, vengeful doctor etc.

To be more precise, he has no solid OR tenuous connection to the case.

theres nothing tangible whats so ever that points to levy other than he fits some profile. he lives close, he had mental issues, he was Jewish?

And so he fits right in with the usual suspects in the Ripper case - no connection whatsoever but some people have taken a shine to him because he fits what they have magically concluded is the correct profile. Such things can owe to - depending on the suspect chosen - living in the area, having a record of violence, being Jewish, not being Jewish, answering to some odd star constellation, having used prostitutes, having had a rough childhood, being crippled, stuttering, knowing butchery, having expressed a dislike of prostitutes etcetera, etcetera...

Why worry about any actual links to the case, when people have one or more of these very useful traits to speak of guilt?

Comment

basic logic tells us that he will take the shortest route home and he will not engage in any leisurely promenades in the surroundings before he goes to ground.

Those are the basics, and no ifs and buts can change them.
                          Those aren't the facts of the case though. You have the missing time between the murder and dumping of the apron piece.

Comment

• Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
                            Like Kosminski, would the Mental state of Levy still be such that it might well have been him that committed these horrid murders? Or was his illness too advanced for him to even contemplate murder?
                            In general mental illness has no relationship to crime what-so-ever.

However, if we read the specifics about a person's case, we may find elements that point to violence.

For Levy, this is what was said by King in his article...

Additional observations during his term at Stone was that his wife had complained that he almost ruined her business: "he also feels that if he is not restrained he will do some violence to someone; he complains about hearing strange noises; cries for no reason; feels compelled to do acts that his conscience cannot stand; and has a conscience of a feeling of exaltation". His wife also revealed that he was formerly a shrewd businessman and that "he does not sleep at nights and wanders around aimlessly for hours".

I think an investigator upon reading that would find it another thing that points at Levy at not away from him.

Comment

Abby Normal: He has no solid connection to the case-one could pull anyone out of a hat and fit him up to fit any of these profiles-crazy jew, vengeful doctor etc.

To be more precise, he has no solid OR tenuous connection to the case.
                              Jacob Levy lived slap-bang in the middle of Ripper territory, was a butcher, engaged in petty crime (theft), was committed to an asylum as a maniac in 1890 and died from complications of a sexually transmitted disease shortly thereafter. Furthermore, he was of moderate height and aged in his early 30s at the time of the Ripper murders, which compares reasonably well with many witness descriptions of the potential killer.

That's a far more potent list of ingredients than most Ripper suspects can boast.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Those aren't the facts of the case though. You have the missing time between the murder and dumping of the apron piece.
                                Many would say that I don't have that time at all, and that Long made a mistake - which he MAY have. However, I don't think he did. But it nevertheless applies that we cannot tell why this time is missing. It could have been that the killer went looking for further prey, that he had a bolthole, that he walked home and went out again - anything.
                                And vice we donat know, basics apply - the more credible thing is that the killer went past Goulston Street en route from Mitre Square to his home.
                                There is not way around that, I'm afraid. There are a thousand alternative scenarios that are more or less likely to be correct, but that does not alter the facts. And yes, they ARE the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X