Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move to Murder: Who Killed Julia Wallace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Parry’s ‘plan’ relies on Wallace mentioning the name Qualtrough to Julia.
    <<snip>>
    Time to move on.
    No it doesn't, although it'll certainly help.

Good idea. Why not try someplace where you can post nonsense unchallenged?

Comment

• c)Quote : 'There was no reason for Wallace to want his wife to die. Certainly no objective reason, and his diaries all before the murder, and even more so after the murder reveal his devastation at her loss'..

No one could possibly know so positively, that Wallace didn't want his wife to die.
      Everyone who like myself believe Wallace masterminded his wife's death, take into account the diary stuff. Does anyone know for sure how long Wallace had been keeping a diary where he lays claim to his undying love for his Julia?
      Could the diary have been processed over a few short days, in order to confound the police when the time came?
      Last edited by moste; 01-19-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• The Police and the Crown admitted there was no objective motive.

As for the diary, maybe you're on the wrong thread? (hint: not the "Diary of JTR" thread)

The diaries have every trace of being natural and genuine and, of course, Wallace continued writing them in the same vein until the end of his days...

Comment

• H S. Quote:Parry’s ‘plan’ relies on Wallace mentioning the name Qualtrough to Julia.
          Not sure I'm on board with this.
          If Will was sent across the Pool on a 'fools errand' so that Parry could access the house and burgle it, why is it crucial for Will to tell his wife about Qualtrough? Parry could simply bluff his way in, with, ' Hello Mrs Wallace, could I borrow a piece of sheet music from you'
          ( this is a 'Wallace innocent scenario', which I of course don't subscribe to, but am I missing something?).

Comment

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
            The Police and the Crown admitted there was no objective motive.

As for the diary, maybe you're on the wrong thread? (hint: not the "Diary of JTR" thread)

The diaries have every trace of being natural and genuine and, of course, Wallace continued writing them in the same vein until the end of his days...
            So we don't know how long he had been praising his union to Julia for in a diary? PS absolutely no clue about the Jack the ripper case, and have no interest.

Comment

• The diaries have every trace of being natural and genuine and, of course, Wallace continued writing them in the same vein until the end of his days...

Clever, Clever man , 'The perfect murder?

Comment

• The guy turns up.
                "Hello, I'm Qualtrough. I telephoned the chess-club last night to arrange a meeting with Mr. Wallace tonight."
                We know for certain Julia would have recognised the last two facts (she told Amy so only three hours before), and we have no evidence she would have not recognised the first (just hopeful theorising)...

Comment

• R C Quote:The diaries have every trace of being natural and genuine .

Carbon dated the ink did they LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by moste View Post

Clever, Clever man , 'The perfect murder?
                    No need to be 'perfect' any more, once your conviction has been quashed....
                    Sell your story and live the life of Reilly in Monte Carlo?

Comment

R C Quote:The diaries have every trace of being natural and genuine .

Carbon dated the ink did they LOL.
                      You would only carbon date the ink if you suspected it to be significantly more recent than it purported to be...

That clearly was not at issue in 1931. And the (unrequired) techniques were not yet invented anyhow.

Why not focus on the facts, instead of inane theories and cracks that can only boomerang back on you?

Comment

No it doesn't, although it'll certainly help.

Good idea. Why not try someplace where you can post nonsense unchallenged?
                        As you’ve gotten away with it on here for a year I’ll stay....thanks.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• I'll always get away with facts and logic. And be recognised for such.

It's how the real world works...

Comment

The Police and the Crown admitted there was no objective motive.

There was no known motive.

I’m tired of explaining about Wallace and his possible motive and how motives can remain hidden. If you haven’t grasped it by now...

The diaries appear genuine.....nowhere does Wallace say “the bitch must die” or “I hate Julia and one day I’m going to murder her” so I guess it shows that the marriage was idyllic.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• So there was no known motive, as accepted by the Police and Prosecution.

To attempt to offer one (still less demand that there was some unknown motive) is mere prejudice and fancy...

Comment

H S. Quote:Parry’s ‘plan’ relies on Wallace mentioning the name Qualtrough to Julia.
                                Not sure I'm on board with this.
                                If Will was sent across the Pool on a 'fools errand' so that Parry could access the house and burgle it, why is it crucial for Will to tell his wife about Qualtrough? Parry could simply bluff his way in, with, ' Hello Mrs Wallace, could I borrow a piece of sheet music from you'
                                ( this is a 'Wallace innocent scenario', which I of course don't subscribe to, but am I missing something?).
                                Rod’s ‘scenario’ is that after Wallace left for MGE the Accomplice turns up at the door claiming to be Mr Qualtrough. The idea is that there had been a mix up with the message. Qualtrough then asks if he can come in to await Wallace’s return. Julia was know to be very reluctant to let people in when Wallace wasn’t there. Wallace gave a list of people that Juliawould have let in because she knew them (Parry was on the list of course.) And so, as Wallace himself said that Julia would have only allowed someone in that she knew, Parry needed Wallace to have specifically mentioned the name Qualtrough to her so that when he arrived at the door she’d have at least heard of him and might have let him in.

If Wallace hadn’t mentioned the name Qualtrough to Julia....and there was absolutely no reason to suspect that he might....then she wouldn’t have let a stranger into the house.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X