Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    Monty

Yes, I am assuming the killer was gone by then.

Probably back down Church passage, but possibly out via mitre street which was closer. I found Gavin's work very persuasive, I am not aware of anything new to change my view.

steve
    As someone who aided Gavin with his research into that piece, I would have to agree with your findings.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Steve,

As Monty knows, the timing of WHEN the killer(s) left the scene is so debatable given the possibilities. The method of exiting the scene slightly less so I would agree. I cannot say with certainty that Mitre St was more or less likely to be honest. There are other possibilities depending on exactly WHEN the killer(s) left the scene. It really is very hard to be exact with this one, IMHO.

Happy New Year to all. ☺

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Lol if you hypothesise that a policeman was the murderer, they are not going to obey the law let alone adhere to a beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          Steve,

As Monty knows, the timing of WHEN the killer(s) left the scene is so debatable given the possibilities. The method of exiting the scene slightly less so I would agree. I cannot say with certainty that Mitre St was more or less likely to be honest. There are other possibilities depending on exactly WHEN the killer(s) left the scene. It really is very hard to be exact with this one, IMHO.

Happy New Year to all. ☺

Phil

sorry phil

i don’t follow you with: "I cannot say with certainty that Mitre St was more or less likely to be honest."

you lost me.

my view is that the killer was gone before 1.45.

what time is open for debate, indeed the time of arrival too.

my choice would be leave by Church passage, with Mitre street as 2nd choice.
          the 3rd option takes you to close to Morris, and the "fire Station"

Steve

sorry again Phil i misread first time, must be that time of night. i follow now
          Last edited by Elamarna; 12-30-2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitechapel View Post
            Lol if you hypothesise that a policeman was the murderer, they are not going to obey the law let alone adhere to a beat.
            Aah. . But I didn't!

Phil
            Last edited by Phil Carter; 12-31-2015, 09:10 PM.
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
              Hi,

The hypothesis that Jack the Ripper was a policeman could be corroborated by different findings on the crime scenes.

I have postulated that this is the case with the cuts on Eddowes cheeks and, before that, Lechmere´s seeing of a policeman and lying about this in the Nichols case.

As I have stated before, I think that Jack the Ripper also committed at least two of the dismemberment murders.

In 1888, parts of a female victim was placed at the construction site for the new Scotland Yard building.

My hypothesis is that Jack the Ripper wanted to taunt the police by giving them a present, placing it in their new police building.

Naturally this was a high risk site for the killer, and high risk sites is something we find in his MO all the time.

This is what should have happened:

"The second victim of the Thames series was discovered in September of 1888, in the middle of the hunt for the Whitechapel Murder. On September 11, an arm belonging to a female was discovered in the Thames off Pimlico. On September 28, another arm was found along the Lambeth-road and on October 2, the torso of a female, minus the head, was discovered. The torso was discovered on the grounds of the construction site for the New Scotland Yard building and was dubbed by the press the "Whitehall Mystery." Scotland Yard had a murder mystery to solve even before their new building was complete.

The medical men involved, along with Dr. Bond, agreed that a degree of medical knowledge had been used, but they could give no evidence pointing to the method of death. Dr. Charles Hibbert, who examined one of the arms, stated that, "I thought the arm was cut off by a person who, while he was not necessarily an anatomist, certainly knew what he was doing-who knew where the joints were and cut them pretty regularly." At the inquest, the jury, despite the fact that an obvious murder had taken place, returned a verdict of "Found Dead.""

http://www.casebook.org/dissertation...o-murders.html

Now, the person responsible for the dismemberment murders could be said to have another MO than the Whitechapel killer. But serial killers using different methods or changing their MO:s is nothing unusual. The Zodiac Killer did that for instance.

So one has to think about what could connect the dismemberment murders to the Whitechapel murders.

My hypothesis is that the taunting of the police and the mutilations connects them.

An interesting aspect of the theory about the Whitechapel killer being the Dismemberment killer is that he then should have worked both in the East End and in the West End. This shows the killer to have a bigger geographical working area but it also means that he were crossing boundaries, something he also did in the case of the double event.

But the perhaps most interesting aspect is that with the dismemberment murders he could taunt the police by distributing pieces of the victims over a bigger are and at the same time he could murder women and mutilate the bodies in a more extensive way.

I know that many of you are very interested in the Whitechapel killer and have built your knowledge of Jack the Ripper with focus on his murders in Whitechapel (and Mitre Square). So perhaps the dismemberment murders are as new to you as they are to me and we could discuss them, starting from an hypothesis that Jack the Ripper did those too. Or maybe you have lots of knowledge about the dismemberment murders and would like to comment on this.

Kind Regards, Pierre
              I do not agree with all this.

Pierre

Comment

Working...
              X