No announcement yet.

The Unknown 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where Macnaghten would list three suspects to his superiors, and then pick one of those three as his favorite, with that person never having entered an official suspects file at some point or another. Perhaps not back in 1888 (although who knows), but very likely before the Macnaghten Memorandum was written (he had to have gotten it from somewhere, and consulting police records would make the most sense for someone high up in the law enforcement bureaucracy), and if nothing else a duplicate of the memorandum in question at the very least.

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Jack the Ripper revealed

Here is a link to a story in today's Australian version of the Sunday Telegraph about JtR:

but mainly is about the upcoming exhibition of papers, document etc that "have never been seen before" over in England. Fat lot that does us here, wonder if it will come our way eventually

Comment

Dan,

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. What I was getting at is this: was Druitt being actively sought by Scotland Yard prior to his body being found in The Thames? That is what I meant by asking if Druitt was an 'official' suspect.
        I think I'd been at the Blossom Hill a bit when I wrote that post....

Cheers,

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Working...
        X