Elusiveness of victims' partners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elusiveness of victims' partners

One area that interests me is the problem in tracing firm details in the case of those of the victims who had what might be termed regular partners. It is ironic that the only partner who has been pretty firmly identified (in my opinion) is Joseph Barnett, partner of the most elusive of the victims.The men whose details seem to so elusive are:
    Michael Kidney (Stride)
    John McCormack (McKenzie)
    John Kelly (Eddowes)
    Ted Stanley (Chapman)

I would be very glad to hear from anyone who thinks they have firm identifications of any of these in the census or other records. There are various other persons on my census and BMD "hit list" and I will post requests about these to a new thread
    Thanks in advance
    Chris

Kidney didn't live too much longer, so you'd probably do best seeking information on him prior to Stride's death.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom
      many thanks for the reply
      The only record of a Michael Kidney dying fairly soon after the murders was a man of that name who died in the last quarter of 1891 at the age of 45. However, that death was registered in Cardiff.
      Is this the one you mean, and, if so, how was this tied in to the Kidney who knew Stride?
      Many thanks
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X