Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Glinert's east end book big revelation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Glinert's east end book big revelation?

Hello !

I am new to this forum and have a question regarding Ed Glinert's east end chronicles book and its section on JTR. I thought here would be discussion on here on it. Has anybody seen this and been suprised by its last paragraph in that section? I know the masonic thing has been done to death by doesn't this prove anthing? I thought it was suprising!
    Mark

I remember that book saying some odd things you wouldn't expect to see in a serious work, but I can't find my copy (might be in storage, or else it got lost in a move) to check the last paragraph. What, specifically, are you referring to? Without knowing it's hard to respond.

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

okay -tried this 2yrs ago

I am very suprised as I thought the lack of postings on this was because the book was new then in 2008 and no one had read it yet.Has anyone seen the ripper chapter and the revelations on page 98 of the paperback? The linking between all the murder sites and Wellclose Square in distance between each other? The Mitre square revelations?Any comments from the experts? I thought it finally clears up why those locations were chosen at least.

Comment

Hi Krinoid,

I'll bite. I think it's pretty obvious that the understated concluding sentence to the final paragraph in the chapter is a pull-back-and-reveal in which Glinert shows his "solution" to be, in fact, a satirical jab at some of Ripperology's most silly conspiracy theories. You'll note that the distances which Glinert states divide the Ripper sites aren't reliable, and that the six-pointed star, if it had existed, ought to have been a regular shape, with all sides the same length. Instead, Glinert builds irregularity into his satirical scheme, parodying the arguments of those who believe that drawing lines between the sites actually form different shapes (Satanic symbols, arrows pointing at the House of Commons, etc). There's no rigour in Glinert's "solution", but deliberately so - it's meant to be understood to be a joke, not the long-awaited answer. I'm afraid that you've missed some of these subtleties in your reading.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

I don't get the impression he is sarcastic till the end statement that he says that can be taken eitheir way.
          Anyways he is serious before that as he says"indeed an inspection of the key murder sites and associated locations show that JTR MUST HAVE BEEN ACQUAINTED WITH THE ESOTERIC CODE THAT LAY BEHIND THE CREATION OF POST FIRE EAST LONDON."
          This ties in earlier with the book on Wren using the length 2,000 cubits(the Old testament sacred measurement in the construction of London). He then goes on to say that temple bar is 2,000 from western end st paul's and st dunstan in the east and other examples. And that Hawksmoor positioned all his churches in these measurements to significant sites especially Wellclose Square which was the apex of the whole scheme which also had a Danish church with involvement from Hawksmoor. He then later says this church was still known to the locals as "st savior's church" and would have been known to prince Eddy as it was danish and researchers did not look into this in JTR the final solution era. He said there was a chapel in the school there that marriages took place.The choice of a chapel on W.S. the place created according to biblical instruction and masonic lore would have approval from masons.
          Last edited by Krinoid; 08-23-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Furthermore he then says where I can find no trace of humor- Buck's row/durward stands 2,000 cubits from wellclose square,which is 2,000 cubits from the edge of London. Dorset st location and all the addresses of each of the victims all of whom lived in the neighborhood stand 2,000 cubits from both the 1st site and W.S. forming an equilateral triangle over the east end. the other 3 sites stand the same distance from each other-(HANBURY,BERNER,MITRE). THE DISTANCE IS 1,600 CUBITS another sacred unit, corresponding to the masonic idealized temple of the outer court.The 3 sites form a smaller equilateral triangle.Placing the 2 shapes together overlap to burn on to the map a twisted image of the seal of solomon or the star of david. He then says "it is probably a conincidence".
            Now I do know he repeated some of this again in his followup book Matrys and Mystics so he is not joking along with theories on Mitre square which I have posted on eddowe's section on this forum. re the location site questions he pursues.
            I am suprised know one is talking about this and I tried to type most of it but it is aggravating as people should read the book and after 2 years no one has on here, I think there are some valuable ideas here but I am not a ripperologist or trained in this so I will be ignored.
            need expert opinions as I think the Sir Christopher wren/Hawksmoor material mentioned above at least is established facts re:measurements as far as I know that wren planned this after the fire of London.
            Mark
            Last edited by Krinoid; 08-23-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

this is on the Eddowes section of the forum but again pertains to the Glinert book:
              I found this quote and whatI am wondering is there any where else it is documented that a murder took place than the "penny dreadfull."

These included Holy Trinity Aldgate, where the East End's first documented murder took place in the early sixteenth century. Brother Martin, a Holy Trinity monk, stabbed to death a woman praying at the high altar and then killed himself. By what is probably an amazing coincidence Jack the Ripper killed Catherine Eddowes on the same site in 1888.

Comment

Krinoid,

Glinert's book was first published in '05 and it received generally approving comments both here and in some of the journals. Like m_w_r, I always read Glinert's solution as a joke about overly complicated JtR theories. As far as I know, everyone read it that way except, apparently, you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                  Krinoid,

As far as I know, everyone read it that way except, apparently, you.
                  ' again, if he meant all this a joke why would he repeat it all in another serious nonfiction book with no humorous content. I guess Glinert is a london walks guide and has many books on london all serious.

Comment

And there is the above quote to deal with as he says"indeed an inspection of the key murder sites and associated locations show that JTR MUST HAVE BEEN ACQUAINTED WITH THE ESOTERIC CODE THAT LAY BEHIND THE CREATION OF POST FIRE EAST LONDON."
                    Last edited by Krinoid; 08-24-2010, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Has anyone actually looked into the measurements and therefore prove it was a joke or does everyone just dismiss ideas that don't fit the normal theories or that are posted by newbies and authors and imply they are stupid.

Comment

Krinold,

The biggest issue is that the biblical cubit is typically based on the Babylonian cubit as that is where the Hebrews stole much of their mythology, and the English cubit is a different measurement. 2000 Babylonian cubits isn't close to the same as 2000 English cubits.

Myth.... BUSTED

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Krinoid View Post
                          Has anyone actually looked into the measurements and therefore prove it was a joke or does everyone just dismiss ideas that don't fit the normal theories or that are posted by newbies and authors and imply they are stupid.
                          Krinoid,

Steady on - surely if you're right, there's no need to go on the defensive, is there?

I've certainly got better things to do with my life, but when I get out my old map and measure the distances between Mitre Square, Berner Street and Hanbury Street, I get three different values, making a scalene triangle. Do me a favour and have a go at this yourself.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                            Krinoid,

Glinert's book was first published in '05 and it received generally approving comments both here and in some of the journals. Like m_w_r, I always read Glinert's solution as a joke about overly complicated JtR theories. As far as I know, everyone read it that way except, apparently, you.
                            I went on the defensive (as you say) as I did not like the tone of the last sentence IMHO.
                            And as far as checking the facts: that is why I am asking the ripper experts on here-if anyone ever investigated these theories instead of just guessing they are wrong or humorous.

Comment

from http://thechaoticsemiotic.wordpress.com/

Christopher Wren’s grand designs for a post-fire London in 1666 were buried in bureaucracy and never came into fruition. However, significant evidence does remain. Presumably through Cabbalist reasoning, Wren used the Jewish distance of 2000 cubits to place significant sites. For example, the eastern city boundary from ‘the centre-point’ of St Paul’s, at a distance of 2000 cubits, is St Dunstan In The East – a church for which Wren also designed the spire. Another 2000 cubits beyond that point lies Wellclose Square, a once exclusive estate and a site of pilgrimage for many London occultists and alchemists. The significance of the 2000 cubits is that it was the distance from the walls of Jerusalem to the Mount Of Olives (roughly two thirds of a mile) and is the farthest a Jew may travel on the Sabbath.
                              This suggests Wren had plans for a ‘New Jerusalem’ that he never had the chance to construct and that Wellclose square is the same distance from (Wren’s) City Of London as The Mount Of Olives was from Jerusalem. On the leyline running from St Paul’s directly out to Wellclose Square, roughly three quarters of the way along, is Fenchurch Street station. Hawksmoor’s St Mary Woolnoth church also sits directly on the ley line a quarter of the way out.

But then he says, he draws a horse head from this!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X