"I never killed a man who didn't need killin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DVV View Post
    Unforgiven is not really to be compared.
    It's just splendid, deep, and the final scene is a pure jewel.
    As well as the "nodody killed Ned" scene.
    And many others...
    it's a 90's western it's better than the others of its time but it can't compare to the 60's classics. Leone & morricone are the best + eastwood those are some of the greatest movies ever made. the visuals + the score are crazy i could watch those movies all day on repeat forever.

Comment

What about Pardners, with Jerry Lewis ?

Comment

What about Pardners, with Jerry Lewis ?
        Definitely
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

As a general rule, I'm not a great fan of westerns, but I think I've seen "High Plains Drifter" about ten times now. It incorporates everything that I normally react poorly to in movies (violence, moral ambiguity, and a sort of general free-floating 'ugliness' to it) but for some reason this one movie really works for me.
          - Ginger

Comment

Once Upon a Time in the West, Tombstone, Unforgiven, Silverado, Stagecoach...all fun films.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

If I could change one thing about Unforgiven I would add one line. Just before Munny kills Little Bill, Bill says he doesn't deserve this and Munny says "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." Then Bill says "I'll see you in hell, William Munny" as his last words before having his head blown off. I've always thought Munny should have said "If you don't think you deserve this, what makes you think you're going to hell?" But I guess like most gunslingers he was a man of few words.

Comment

All this chatter about great Westerns and still no mention of Blazing Saddles?

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
                  But I guess like most gunslingers he was a man of few words.
                  Yeah, and Munny just says : Yeaaaahh.

Comment

Originally posted by Qlder View Post
                    All this chatter about great Westerns and still no mention of Blazing Saddles?
                    The French title of this one is: "Le Sheriff est en prison".

Comment

Unforgiven is a movie I can watch twenty times a month, and having read somewhere that the character of William Munny (Clint Eastwood) had been more or less inspired by one John Wesley Hardin, I'm currently reading his autobiography, as well as a biography (Leon Metz, "John Wesley Hardin, Dark angel of Texas", 1996).

And what a fascinating case.

Does anyone share my interest ?
                      Yes-fascinating individual. total badass. didn't want to **** with wild bill Hickock though.

Comment

I'm ashamed to say I never saw "The Unforgiven".

Favorite westerns (which are not my favorite genre in movies - comedies and film noir are): "High Noon", "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly", "Once Upon a Time in the West", "There Was a Crooked Man", "A Big Hand for the Little Lady", "Shane", "Way Out West", "My Little Chickadee", the original "3:10 to Yuma", "Duel in the Sun", "Jessie James", "The Oxbow Incident" and a few others (one is that Sam Peckinpah film with Joel McCrae and Randolph Scott - I can't recall the name of it).

Jeff

Comment

The film was "Ride the Wide Country". I also forgot to include John Ford's "Stagecoach", "Fort Apache", "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon", "The Searchers", "Two Rode Together", and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". Also "Winchester 73".

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                            The film was "Ride the Wide Country". I also forgot to include John Ford's "Stagecoach", "Fort Apache", "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon", "The Searchers", "Two Rode Together", and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". Also "Winchester 73".
                            And pretty much anything made by Ford, or anything staring the Duke. {the Shootist, The Cowboys and True Grit standing out}
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                              I'm ashamed to say I never saw "The Unforgiven".

Jeff
                              That's great, Jeff.
                              You'll enjoy it.

Comment

Since it's become a western thread, let's add Tombstone. The classic one with Kirk, and the excellent remake.

Most people like Doc Holiday, but I'm definitely with Johnny Ringo.

Comment

Working...
                                X