A Serial Killer who changed his MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Serial Killer who changed his MO

Angus Sinclair, currently serving life for murder in Scotland. He was found not guilty of the Worlds End murders:

I recently read the book on the case by Tom Wood and it was noticeable that his MO changed after he bought a campervan. He also went from being a lone killer to (possibly - not proven in court) having an accomplice.

He also moved from children to young adults.

I thought I would throw this into the discussion because its an example of someone changing how they kill because they have new facilities for carrying out the crimes. Rather like Millers Court. It also makes it more possible that JTR and the Thames Torso Murderer were the same person. Previously I would have discounted this but after reading that book it did flag up the possibility of a complete change of murdering activity from the same offender.

Interestingly he also went 7 years after his release from jail before killing again.Or are their other unknown victims.???

Comment

The book suggests there may have been others, but forensic evidence had not been kept at all or kept well enough to allow any realistic chance of prosecution.

He is still alive of course. He had a history of other violent crimes as well. One involved robbing a rent collector and after he had tied him up and robbed him he beat him about the head with a hammer. Totally unnecessary violence under the circumstances.

Its quite a wide pattern of offending and the sort of pattern we might see from JTR. The end of the killings could just be a change in method with later victims not being connected to each other by the police.

Comment

He targeted girls much younger than himself - judging by the age he was compared to the ages of his victims, the switch from children to teenage girls makes perfect sense.
        And his signature was pretty consistent - he raped and strangled the victims before dumping the bodies in remote places. The fact he bound the worlds end victims (allegedly ) shows only that he had to control them both at the same time, so it should not be considered a major deviation.

Remember that MO can change but signature - the crime scene "give-away" which points to motivation - does not tend to change. JTR got his kicks by mutilating victims, not dismembering them.

Comment

Hello you all!

Well, there is one thing; if we consider the White Hall body to be by the same killer as the Pinchin Street torso, then JtR should have changed his MO and then turn back to the regular one!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
          X