Pierre and his research.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I once went on a web site that was a computerised Jack the Ripper that one could ask questions and it would answer in a way that didnt actually answer.
    I forgot there was a JtR chatterbot. Not one of the better ones, some are fairly impressive at times, but it actually answers questions... sorta. Which is better than some posters on here.
    http://triumphpc.com/jack-the-ripper...t/index2.shtml
    I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
      I forgot there was a JtR chatterbot. Not one of the better ones, some are fairly impressive at times, but it actually answers questions... sorta. Which is better than some posters on here.
      http://triumphpc.com/jack-the-ripper...t/index2.shtml
      Thanks for the link, it was fun!
      Here's one of "our" exchanges:
      -- Pat: What is your trade name?
      -- "Jack": Yours truly, Jack the Ripper. Don't mind giving the trade name.

Sort of an intelligent conversation. . . Almost.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
        Hi Pierre firstly let me inform you that I don't have a degree, am educated to a standard I aimed at, I have never wrote a book and pretty much guarantee that I probably never will.
        I have a life long interest in Jack the ripper which has frazzled my brain but along the way has give me much enjoyment.

I remember your first post/topic regarding your research and suspect etc and commented along the lines that in my humble opinion I concluded that what you were including on your thread was well rubbish.
        Your posts were full of for the want of a better phrase full of teasers and comments which you would have known would create a response.
        Example being " this if I am correct will alter change history etc. Or at least words to that affect.
        Refusing or not needing any help from anyone on here is after all your prerogative and rightly so.
        However I am puzzled as to why you posted your original post and obviously anyone with half a brain as I am sure you have would of thought about the reactions that your postings would create especially as you yourself would have known that your research would take another year and you would be giving no hints or clues to the identity of your suspect.
        It does beg the question why post at all.

So pierre why did you post your original post and what if anything did you expect to gain ?.

Secondly. I read most threads on here and rarely miss any, like I previously said the subject is of interest to me so that's why I am here. So obviously I come across a lot of your posts on various threads. I have noticed quite often that you are in the habit of putting teasers in at given opportunities leading back to your research thread. Example on one thread in the last few days was a comment similar to this when commenting regarding motive.
        "yiou would need a motive and I know what the motive was". Or words to that effect. Now forgive but this is a common trait from yourself and I enliken it to a schoolboy na na na na na scenario.

Someone mentioned a while back that you may be some sort of sociaolgy student on a degree course or something and using the site to create or finish as part of your degree. If this is correct put me down and label me as the dont beleive a word guy and suspects something is not quite right.

I wonder if my opinion is correct that you may be or pierre may be another user name by a regualr poster on here deliberately posting teasers, just my thoughts.
        I have my own ideas about Pierre , despite his protestations I think he has a very strong interest in Jack The Ripper. I also suspect something is not at all right

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
          I have my own ideas about Pierre , despite his protestations I think he has a very strong interest in Jack The Ripper. I also suspect something is not at all right
          I think you may be right Belinda. Pierre is either a regular poster doing this for fun or as you say something is not at all right.

Cheers John

Comment

Indeed. Wrongly or not, some whiff of an adolescent boy playing games comes across to me. I hate to say it, but there are some very lonely attention seeking people out there.

Comment

Maybe we should ALL take advantage of our ignore list?

Comment

I'm sorry, I hate to be a party-pooper, but does this thread exist for any other reason than to slam a board member?

Comment

This Board Member is far from an innocent party. He is inciting to say the least.

Comment

This Board Member is far from an innocent party. He is inciting to say the least.
                    Oh, I see. He deserves it and that makes it ok.

Comment

I didn't say that. I am saying he is an apparently willing participant. We do not know anything about this man or why he persists in the face of posts such as this. As I have said I have my own ideas about this. I hope I am wrong

Comment

I didn't say that. I am saying he is an apparently willing participant. We do not know anything about this man or why he persists in the face of posts such as this. As I have said I have my own ideas about this. I hope I am wrong
                        Sounds a bit ominous. Sounds like you suspect he might be the Ripper.

Going by some arguments I have encountered, that's as good a theory as any.

Comment

Maybe he is

Comment

I'm a bit surprised to find this still ongoing, I think.

Since Pierre plainly isn't going to reveal who his suspect is, where's the interest?

There's no information to hand, so there's nothing to debate - nothing of any value, anyway.

I find Pierre's bizarre implication that Britain would be undone by the revelation of his suspect as JtR to be wholly unrealistic. Perhaps it would be interesting - who knows - but hardly nation-crushing, I wouldn't have thought.

Comment

Unless Pierre envisages a 13-year-old Winston Churchill walking up to Kelly and crying "I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat"?

Comment

Churchill family name tarnished?

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                Unless Pierre envisages a 13-year-old Winston Churchill walking up to Kelly and crying "I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat"?
                                Surely Lord Randolph Churchill is a more likely suspect to be murdering prostitutes than his son, especially at this point in time?

Would discovering that Winston was the son of Jack the Ripper be a blow to "the British nation", as Pierre puts it?

What would be the public reaction to news such as this? Britain's greatest prime minister is related by blood to Britain's most famous serial killer? Surely good for a few million tabloid sales, at least?

Note: This is probably pointless speculation, as a) Pierre won't tell us, and b) most of us don't really care, anyway...
                                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X