A Human Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
    I wouldn,t have the foggiest on his motive, Pierre. For all i know, he was doing ,,this little piggie,, and he got to the one that goes ,,whee,, all the way home.

That,s not to say he had a motive. The method he used to kill Mary Kelly may have just been a consequence of his profession. If he was accustomed to slaughtering pigs, maybe that,s what he would know to do - slit the throat, cut the snout and ears, slice open the abdomen, remove the organs, cut the haunches.

That,s just preliminary thinking. Good question tho..
    Hi,

Do you think that an hypothesis that the killer knew how to slaughter pigs is a good hypothesis for explaining the signature of the killer?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      Hi,

Do you think that an hypothesis that the killer knew how to slaughter pigs is a good hypothesis for explaining the signature of the killer?

Regards, Pierre
      Pierre obviously I cannot speak for Robert, however it would give the killer all the skill set needed, pigs have often been viewed as dirty animals.
      Not just from a religious point of view, but generally.
      Could it not be the killer saw the victims in the same light.

just an idea
      please note I am not arguing he was a pig slaughter.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        Pierre obviously I cannot speak for Robert, however it would give the killer all the skill set needed, pigs have often been viewed as dirty animals.
        Not just from a religious point of view, but generally.
        Could it not be the killer saw the victims in the same light.

just an idea
        please note I am not arguing he was a pig slaughter.

steve
        Hi,

Yes, he might have held such a view.

But I wonder, would knowledge about pig slaughtering (without necessarily being a slaughterer or a butcher) have been sufficient for doing the cuts he did?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Hi,

Yes, he might have held such a view.

But I wonder, would knowledge about pig slaughtering (without necessarily being a slaughterer or a butcher) have been sufficient for doing the cuts he did?

Regards, Pierre
          Pierre

Certainly the pig is anatomical very similar to human. Indeed they have commonly been used for surgical
          practice

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
            Pierre

Certainly the pig is anatomical very similar to human. Indeed they have commonly been used for surgical
            practice

Steve
            OK, Steve.

I regard your statement as very important, since I know you have the right scientific knowledge to make that statement.

Thanks.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Hi,

Why could it throw the Stride murder into question?

Regards, Pierre
              Hi Pierre
              In all seriousness. IMHO the ripper was a highly organized type of killer.

It seems he rused the victims to get them where he wanted them.
              There was pre planning in how he targeted and engaged his victims.
              He was perceptive enough to never get caught, seemingly escaping the instant there was trouble.
              He brought the murder weapon with him
              He never left behind any incriminating evidence.

re Stride-lost his temper with her and was temporarily dis organized by attacking her before he had her exactly where he wanted her.

Comment

Pig slaughterer was on a short list of professions that I could think up on the fly, Pierre. Jack the Ripper killed Mary Jane Kelly by cutting her throat and bleeding her out, which shows a comfort level with killing. He removes her organs and butchers her leg. And, ears and nose made me think of how the snout and ears are used for dining.

He displays organization because he reveals anatomical knowledge. As prior posted, the detectives didn't find chunks of her spleen, liver, bladder mixed together and flung around the room because he was chopping maniacally at her like an amateur. When we were debating MJK3, I wondered if the white scratch marks on her pelvis were made by the point of his knife as he removed that particular muscle (I can net an image of that pelvic muscle but not the name). Overall, it gave me the impression that her body parts were removed with a purpose which indicates organization.

You were connecting my 2nd post to his motive, which I am not entirely set on yet because I don't know if Mary Jane Kelly was special to him. If I slaughtered pigs for a living and you asked me to cut open a human body, I might refer back to my profession. My skillset is not my motive; it's just part of my instinctual knowledge.

In order to ruin Lord Mayor's Day, Jack the Ripper killed:
                A. Mary Jane Kelly
                B. A prostitute with an apartment

If it is Option B, then the motive is Lord Mayors Day, and he could have been using a set of skills that were familiar to him to accomplish that task. Mary Jane Kelly would be nothing more than a means to the end. If it is Option A, then maybe there was something ritualized to the event.

Which do you think it is?

R.St.D.
                there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Pig slaughterer was on a short list of professions that I could think up on the fly, Pierre. Jack the Ripper killed Mary Jane Kelly by cutting her throat and bleeding her out, which shows a comfort level with killing. He removes her organs and butchers her leg. And, ears and nose made me think of how the snout and ears are used for dining.

He displays organization because he reveals anatomical knowledge. As prior posted, the detectives didn't find chunks of her spleen, liver, bladder mixed together and flung around the room because he was chopping maniacally at her like an amateur. When we were debating MJK3, I wondered if the white scratch marks on her pelvis were made by the point of his knife as he removed that particular muscle (I can net an image of that pelvic muscle but not the name). Overall, it gave me the impression that her body parts were removed with a purpose which indicates organization.

You were connecting my 2nd post to his motive, which I am not entirely set on yet because I don't know if Mary Jane Kelly was special to him. If I slaughtered pigs for a living and you asked me to cut open a human body, I might refer back to my profession. My skillset is not my motive; it's just part of my instinctual knowledge.

A. Mary Jane Kelly

If it is Option B, then the motive is Lord Mayors Day, and he could have been using a set of skills that were familiar to him to accomplish that task. Mary Jane Kelly would be nothing more than a means to the end. If it is Option A, then maybe there was something ritualized to the event.

R.St.D.
                  A very good post, making a number of very good points. The organs were carefully cut loose and taken out. Compare this to how he seemingly took a lot of care not to damage the eye-region. Same thing, same basic reason.

More or less all the cuts will fit into this thinking. It is really by far the most focused of all the Ripper killings. We need to look at the Torso murders, where he had even more time and privacy on his hands, to find something that surpasses Kelly. It arrived in the shape of the 1873 "death mask", cut from the face, eyelids and -lashes included, in one single piece.
                  Same thing again - extreme care, a clear focus, exact cutting.

But he is not reproducing the slaughter of a pig (or any other animal) if you ask me. He may have had he skill and experience, and it may have coloured what he did. But it was not the underlying reason - once again, if you ask me...!
                  Last edited by Fisherman; 06-02-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                    But he is not reproducing the slaughter of a pig (or any other animal) if you ask me. He may have had he skill and experience, and it may have coloured what he did. But it was not the underlying reason - once again, if you ask me...!
                    He may not have been doing it on purpose, but Chapman and Eddowes seem to have been uncannily similar....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                      He may not have been doing it on purpose, but Chapman and Eddowes seem to have been uncannily similar....
                      Not really, no. Eddowes was - as Watkins correctly pointed out - cut up like a market pig.
                      But which butcher cuts the abdominal wall from a pig in four large panes...?

In that respect - and the opening of the abdomen is what makes us think of pig (or other) slaughter, right? - there was a significant difference.

Comment

Hello Fisherman.
                        I noticed he adapted his style from Chapman to Eddowes. A begrudging Dr. Phillips has to be pressed by Wynne Baxter to reveal the type of abdominal cuts that were made. He eventually consents (which makes me question whether his pm report was ever published). He states that her abdomen was portioned out.

If Annie was a bloody mess, it's possible that Jack the Ripper was a bloody mess. So rather than remove Catherine's abdomen in portions, he may have sliced her down the middle (possibly for a 'cleaner' murder). Obviously, this appears to have improved his "aim" because he removes the uterus precisely without damaging her bladder or vagina.

I am considering the 73 torso killing, Fisherman. Obviously, the nose-cutting stands out.
                        there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          Hi Pierre
                          In all seriousness. IMHO the ripper was a highly organized type of killer.

It seems he rused the victims to get them where he wanted them.
                          There was pre planning in how he targeted and engaged his victims.
                          He was perceptive enough to never get caught, seemingly escaping the instant there was trouble.
                          He brought the murder weapon with him
                          He never left behind any incriminating evidence.

re Stride-lost his temper with her and was temporarily dis organized by attacking her before he had her exactly where he wanted her.
                          Hi,

I agree with all of your points except for the two last ones.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

A. Mary Jane Kelly

R.St.D.
                            Hi Robert,

B. I share the understanding of the crime with the author of the article "A Human Tiger". Or rather, the article illustrates that understanding in many details.

Regards, Pierre
                            Last edited by Pierre; 06-02-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fisherman;383169]

A very good post, making a number of very good points. The organs were carefully cut loose and taken out. Compare this to how he seemingly took a lot of care not to damage the eye-region. Same thing, same basic reason.
                              Hi DID damage the eye region. So it was his intent to do that. Your interpretation of the killer not wanting to damage the eyes has very low validity.

More or less all the cuts will fit into this thinking. It is really by far the most focused of all the Ripper killings. We need to look at the Torso murders, where he had even more time and privacy on his hands, to find something that surpasses Kelly. It arrived in the shape of the 1873 "death mask", cut from the face, eyelids and -lashes included, in one single piece.
                              Same thing again - extreme care, a clear focus, exact cutting.
                              You are mixing Kelly with the torso case in 1873. Kelly´s face was not cut off in one single piece. The substantial significance of the comparison is very low.

But he is not reproducing the slaughter of a pig (or any other animal) if you ask me. He may have had he skill and experience, and it may have coloured what he did. But it was not the underlying reason - once again, if you ask me...
                              The methods are one thing, the motive(s) another. I think most people here understand that those are different things.

Regards, Pierre
                              Last edited by Pierre; 06-02-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pierre;383192]
                                Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Hi DID damage the eye region. So it was his intent to do that.

Regards, Pierre
                                You are correct - I should have worded myself differently: He worked meticulously and carefully in the eye region, and I think he did so because he was intent on leaving the eyeballs undamaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X