121 years later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 121 years later

TOday, 121 years ago, Mr. George Lusk of the Mile End Vigilance Committee received a disturbing package containing a kidney and vile letter...and the world of Ripperology has never been the same. Even today, genuine or fake, that package has remained one of the most debatable aspects of the case today and solidified Lusk's conenction to the case in nearly every book written about Jack the Ripper.
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

INSANE EVIL

Comment

"Insane Evil." Hmmm, can those two things both be true at the same time? Isn't that difference what decides whether someone gets confined to a hospital or a prison?

The Lusk package though- Personally, I believe it was Catherine Eddowe's kidney and was from the Ripper. I just wish its depiction in the movies had ever been done accurately instead of the 1988 miniseries turning Lusk from a respectable building contractor into a torch-waving rabble-rousing anarchist and a Ripper suspect himself.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
        "Insane Evil." Hmmm, can those two things both be true at the same time? Isn't that difference what decides whether someone gets confined to a hospital or a prison?

The Lusk package though- Personally, I believe it was Catherine Eddowe's kidney and was from the Ripper. I just wish its depiction in the movies had ever been done accurately instead of the 1988 miniseries turning Lusk from a respectable building contractor into a torch-waving rabble-rousing anarchist and a Ripper suspect himself.
        Interesting that the Lusk letter was not sighned Jack the Ripper. If it is a genuine Ripper letter then the other letters that were sighned Jack the Ripper may have been fake.

Why send the Kidney to Lusk instead of the police?

Your friend, Brad

Comment

letters

Hello Brad. The majority opinion now leans toward accounting ALL Ripper letters as fake. Rather destroys the myth of Jack, doesn't it?

The best.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by celee View Post
            Why send the Kidney to Lusk instead of the police
            That suggests that JtR lived in the City area...

Comment

Wvc

Not necissarily. It could be that Jack was HIMSELF a member of the whitechapel viligence commity. Sounds good doesnt it, joining a group trying to find someone who is in the commitie, a man seaching for himself. The perfect coverup. Maybe thats the reason lusk didnt hand it in immediatly, because he may have reconised the handwriting, or maybe the recipiant knew lusk. Who knows, that question, I fear, will probally be never answered.
              And I am a firm believer in the lusk letter, it,in my opinion, is 100% genuine. I belive the "Majority opinion" is a bunch of idiocracy. I dont jump the bandwagon.

yours truly
              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
              X