Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Olsson

Dear all,

I'm sad to report that Swedish researcher Daniel Olsson has suffered a heart attack and is in a critical condition.

Daniel has conducted incredible research into Elisabeth Stride's early life in Gothenburg, the results of which have been published in Ripperologist and were due to be presented on DVD at the forthcoming Conference in London.

Some of you will know that Daniel only recently overcame testicular cancer, so to suffer this attack at only 31 is terribly cruel.

I'm in contact with Daniel's family, so if you would like to pass on a message please do so here or email me at adamwood55@yahoo.co.uk

Adam

This is positively horrible. But I'm very, very confident Daniel will pull through and be right as rain before we know it! I hope I have not kept my admiration for Daniel and his work much of a secret. I think he's great and will no doubt be quoting his work liberally in my own.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Adam, please pass on my best wishes to Daniel and his family.

Comment

Oh my God, that is terrible. The poor guy. Sending positive thoughts his way.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Adam,

I echo all that's been said here. Mr Olsson's work on Stride is widely and deservedly appreciated, and I wish him a speedy and full recovery.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I had some contact with Daniel some time ago and he was one of the most kindest and honest of people I have met in Ripperology. Probably the most knowledgable person on the life of Elisabeth Stride apart from Neal Sheldon and perhaps Glenn Andersson.

Please pass on my sincere wishes to Daniel and his family during this difficult time.

Spiro
            Last edited by auspirograph; 05-08-2009, 02:41 AM.
            Jack the Ripper Writers -- An online community of crime writers and historians.

http://ripperwriters.aforumfree.com

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...nd-black-magic

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

please pass on my best wishes too

all the best for a full and speedy recovery.
              babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Please give my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I think I may have been the first person to have had contact with Daniel when he signed up for Ripperologist - he asked me if anyone would be interested in Liz's history - no prizes for a correct answer!

Coral

Comment

Working...
                X