The Babysitter/Snow Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Babysitter/Snow Killer

My mistake i thought there was mention of a similar car seen at the dump site of one of the girls i think she was dumped in a car park.

Comment

You may be right, I just don't know.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

This is another case where the notoriety would increase if they'd settle on a single name. Some refer to it as the Oakland County Child Murders as well as other names.

Stan Reid

Comment

When I first heard about the case on the news, I think they were being called, going metro, the Detroit Child Murders.

Stan Reid

Comment

I think by the time the case got national attention, the core murders were pretty much over. Maybe the spotlight scared him straight.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              Maybe the spotlight scared him straight.
              Or, gave him what he was looking for.

Stan Reid

Comment

When I first heard about the case on the news, I think they were being called, going metro, the Detroit Child Murders.
                If I remember correctly, it was covered on the CBS Evening News.

Stan Reid

Comment

That would have been Walter Cronkite if it was CBS.

Stan Reid

Comment

That would have been Walter Cronkite if it was CBS.
                    Harry Reasoner if it was ABC, John Chancellor if it was NBC and Robert MacNeil if it was PBS - probably

Stan Reid

Comment

A man named David Norberg, who was killed in a 1981 traffic accident, was a suspect for a while but he was exhumed and his DNA didn't match that found at the scene of the Timothy King murder. His car was similar to the one seen at the time of the abduction.
                      Last edited by sdreid; 05-25-2011, 03:34 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Was there any other DNA evidence from any of the other victims?

Comment

I don't know for sure Dan but I haven't heard of any.

Stan Reid

Comment

With all the doubt about how many murders were perpetrated by this killer, I'd expect that it would be major news if there was matching DNA on two or more victims.

Stan Reid

Comment

A 14-year-old girl named Sheila Srock was once thought to be a possible victim of this killer but a man named Oliver Andrews was later convicted of her slaying and he was cleared of being the Babysitter.

Stan Reid

Comment

According to Wiki, there are at least two books on this case. Has anyone seen these? I have not.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X