No announcement yet.

URGENT- Please Pray For Celesta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughter's good. Linda liked a joke. I'm going to donate to the horse rescue, but I don't think I'll be bringing a horse into the house. Makes it very crowded in the bathroom, and there's already barely room for my razor and shaving soap in amongst all the female bottles, tubes and paraphernalia.

Comment

• Bunny -Thankyou for forwarding that moving message from Tom . I will certainly be donating to an animal charity-we talked about birds and how they brighten our lives -and their needs-it was about this time last year actually -and my last real 'chat' with Linda -so maybe the RSPB is fitting--- I also sent Linda a card,only a few days ago,remembering our conversation .The card was of a nightingale' singing.Here are a few lines from a poem I have always loved.Its by an ancient Greek ,entitled
      "Heraclitus" :.........
      "Still are thy pleasant voices ,thy nightingales awake,
      For death he taketh all away,but those he cannot take"
      Last edited by Natalie Severn; 11-03-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Errata, that post made my day. I can relate to that 'cause I'm bad about taking in stray dogs and cats, much to the chagrin of my Yellow-fronted Amazon who goes bonkers when you even bring a baby squirrel in the house.

Great picture of Linda, Bunny.
        Last edited by Hunter; 11-03-2012, 09:48 PM.
        Best Wishes,
        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
          Laughter's good. Linda liked a joke. I'm going to donate to the horse rescue, but I don't think I'll be bringing a horse into the house. Makes it very crowded in the bathroom, and there's already barely room for my razor and shaving soap in amongst all the female bottles, tubes and paraphernalia.
          Haha, we've had a horse in the house on a couple of different occasions. When I was really little and we lived in California, on New Year's Eve some neighbor kid bet my big sister that she wouldn't dare bring our horse in the house. That kid lost the bet. My sister said "Red wants to wish every body a Happy New Year." All the grownups fell out of their chairs. Then the neighbor kid (annoyed that he had lost the bet) hit Red on the butt, and he leapt into the room. Terrified grownups hit the deck and hid behind furniture. My Mom was smart enough to jump up and open the back door for Red to exit as gracefully as possible.

Needless to say, whenever my parents and their friends got together someone always reminisced about "the time the horse came in the house" while my parents died of mortification. It's probably still getting passed down through the generations.

Take care everybody,
          Archaic

Comment

• LOL. Red was probably thinking "new stable didn't last long."

Comment

• Now, I'm from Tennessee, so the rest of you may not know this. Cows will walk up stairs, but not down them. Removing them from the house requires a roofer and a crane. And before I get angry letters, I only did it the once, and I swear to god the cow did not care in the slightest. Not even when she was soaring over the perfectly manicured lawn.
              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• These posts reminded me of the film The Commitments, where there was a horse living in a high rise flat in Dublin!

Comment

• a beautiful picture of a beautiful lady xx
                  babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

• Time is too slow for those who wait,
                    too swift for those who fear,
                    too long for those who grieve,
                    too short for those who rejoice,
                    but for those who love, time is eternity.
                    It was Bury whodunnit. The black eyed scoundrel.

The yam yams are the men, who won't be blamed for nothing..

Comment

• Archaic,

A bit late to this thread because we just regained power from Sandy, but that only made the shock at the news of our loss all the greater. Ironic that I first got to know Linda when you were hospitalized, Bunny, and she would send me daily updates on your condition.

Don.
                      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

• Hi Don, I'm glad you're OK. When I didn't hear back from you I figured you had lost power. Sorry the news is such a shock.

Yes, Linda was so wonderful when I was the hospital, keeping everybody informed and giving me pep talks to help get me through it.

I'm glad to have been able to do something for Linda by keeping all her friends informed of her condition, but very sorry it's been under such sorrowful circumstances.

Originally posted by Ashkenaz View Post

Time
                        is too slow for those who wait,
                        too swift for those who fear,
                        too long for those who grieve,
                        too short for those who rejoice,
                        but for those who love, time is eternity.
                        Thank you, Ashkenaz, those words are so true.

Bunny

Comment

• I just wanted to report that Kosmo now has a home with my sister in law, a vet, who found him to be so fascinatingly ugly she couldn't resist. He left this morning, and apparently, is still shunning real food in favor of garbage, so he was aptly named.

I thought he was cute. Shaped like a pug, furred like a collie (complete with markings), pointy ears, rabbit-like fluffy stub tail, walks like a sailor, tongue unable to fit back in his mouth, bug eyed... okay. Maybe he was ugly. But he looked like he should have had a beer and a cigar, and I appreciate that in an animal.

No more dogs! No more dogs.
                          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                            Maybe he was ugly. But he looked like he should have had a beer and a cigar, and I appreciate that in an animal.
                            Sounds like he did have a beer and a cigar!

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                            No more dogs! No more dogs.
                            More dogs! More dogs!

My friend and I went to a Pet Expo yesterday with our dogs and saw all kinds of rescued animals: cats, dogs, ponies, donkeys, ferrets, rabbits, etc. Many poor dogs came from puppy mills where they had been forced to bear litter after litter.

We saw a pair of cute little spotted dogs, siblings, that were born without any front legs. They were happy as could be, hopping around on their hind feet and sitting up to "beg". They are available for adoption, but only if they can stay together, which we thought was cool. Apparently they help each other get up on the sofa; one hops on the other's back and uses it as a kind of springboard. The rescue group needed donations for food, bowls, medicine, leashes, etc, so my friend and I made donations in Linda's name. I know her heart would just melt if she saw those poor little pups.

We also saw Therapy Llamas. Seriously. One wore a pirate hat, the other a cowboy outfit with a set of little cowboy pistols. They were very sweet and gentle.

Vendors & pet treat representatives were handing out sample, treats, etc. They liked my big German Shepherd and gave him so many treats I could barely carry the bag anymore! Our dogs had a blast meeting hundreds of other dogs. Linda would have loved it.

I miss her.

Best regards,
                            Archaic

Comment

• Hi everyone.

I found out that Linda was able to cast her vote for President before she passed away; she voted by Absentee Ballot. I'm really happy about that, because she was extremely concerned about the political and social conditions in the U.S.

Pam let me know that Linda has been cremated. It looks like there will be a memorial surface next Monday, and at some time afterwards her family will scatter her ashes in a beautiful place she loved. I think it will be in the mountains.

I can't believe it's only been a little over a week since she passed away. It was a very, very long week for me.

Best regards,
                              Archaic

Comment

• Thanks for that, Bunny. Yes, time is doing strange things at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X