No announcement yet.

Tales of the New Orleans Axeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the case of Bible John, he apparently made sure that the victims weren't pregnant.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• John at least knew they weren't pregnant since they were all menstruating when they became victims.

Stan Reid

Comment

• So the question is, did he not want to risk killing a fetus?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          I can think of serial killers who made it a point to murder about every type of person but I can't think of one who made it their mission to kill pregnant women.
          Apparently that's one level to which not even a serial killer will stoop.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Axeman Murders may be getting more popular exposure, thanks to being featured on an episode of the cable nonfiction series Mysteries at the Museum, which I saw not long ago. They usually focus on a particular exhibit item in an American museum and tell the story behind its historical importance, and are very interesting shows, since they visit all sorts of museums, not always the most obvious ones. Don Wildman is the host.

While talking of axes and murders, you left out Lizze Borden, of the nursery rhyme, who may or may not have been the first axe woman murderer.
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              The Axeman Murders may be getting more popular exposure, thanks to being featured on an episode of the cable nonfiction series Mysteries at the Museum, which I saw not long ago. They usually focus on a particular exhibit item in an American museum and tell the story behind its historical importance, and are very interesting shows, since they visit all sorts of museums, not always the most obvious ones. Don Wildman is the host.

While talking of axes and murders, you left out Lizze Borden, of the nursery rhyme, who may or may not have been the first axe woman murderer.
              The Axeman was a character on American Horror Story: Coven from 2013. Fiction, obviously, and he is depicted as a ghost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincenzo View Post
                The Axeman was a character on American Horror Story: Coven from 2013. Fiction, obviously, and he is depicted as a ghost.
                Hello, Vincenzo,

So you don't believe the reports of the New Orleans Axeman murders were true?

There are many fictional works involving the Jack the Ripper cases-- that doesn't mean they didn't actually take place.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Hello, Vincenzo,

So you don't believe the reports of the New Orleans Axeman murders were true?

There are many fictional works involving the Jack the Ripper cases-- that doesn't mean they didn't actually take place.
                  No, of course i know the axeman murder actually took place.

I was stating that the depiction of thr axeman in the show american horror story was fictional and barely based on the reality of the case. He was depicted in ghost form.

Comment

The Axeman Murders may be getting more popular exposure, thanks to being featured on an episode of the cable nonfiction series Mysteries at the Museum, which I saw not long ago. They usually focus on a particular exhibit item in an American museum and tell the story behind its historical importance, and are very interesting shows, since they visit all sorts of museums, not always the most obvious ones. Don Wildman is the host.

I've seen that episode - it deals with a piece of sheet music in a New Orleans museum that is a "Rag" composed regarding the Axeman and how he supposedly promised not to commit any murders on a particular night if everyone in New Orleans listened to ragtime music that night. Apparently (if the story is true) they did.

The series is interesting, but in it's format (about five museums covered in one fifty minute episode) much is reduced or cut - out, and frequently what is left is not quite true.

Jeff

Comment

• This case seems to draw in fictional accounts.

Stan Reid

Comment

This case seems to draw in fictional accounts.
                        There is already enough fiction in the "true' accounts, it appears.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Anyway, three years until the beginning of the centenary.

Stan Reid

Comment

Anyway, three years until the beginning of the centenary.
                            The first "canonical" murders being on May 22 of 1918.

Stan Reid

Comment

The first "canonical" murders being on May 22 of 1918.
                              The murders of Mr. and Mrs. Maggio.

Stan Reid

Comment

• And in that case, there was a chalk message where there wasn't much argument.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X