The **** are the men.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    If PC Long had already heard of the murder, as suggested above, his attention might've been drawn to the apron, as he hadn't seen it on his last patrol.
    Hmm. He insisted that it wasn't there on his previous circuit. This means one of two things to my mind:

(1) The killer waited around in the area for an hour or so, with incriminating evidence, before dumping it

or

(2) P.c. Long was holed up somewhere and missed a circuit, then rushed out and found something which had been there to be found for an hour or so.

Either is possible but (2) is, IMHO, considerably more likely than (1).
    Last edited by Bridewell; 05-23-2016, 01:39 PM. Reason: Italics
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Where is this apron piece you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
        Where is this apron piece you speak of?
        Who knows? Destroyed long ago I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
          (2) P.c. Long was holed up somewhere and missed a circuit, then rushed out and found something which had been there to be found for an hour or so.
          Quite possible. We know that he was sacked from the force the following year for drinking on duty, so there are question marks about his professionalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
            Quite possible. We know that he was sacked from the force the following year for drinking on duty, so there are question marks about his professionalism.
            There certainly are. Seconded from 'A' Division to 'H' Division. If you were the Divisional Commander on 'A' Division in receipt of such a request, would you send your best men to work on another Division - or those whose services you wouldn't miss too much?

Quite controversial actually, this. There are some posters who consider Long's testimony to be sacrosanct, despite his shambolic performance at the inquest.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              Hi Wickerman
              thanks for clarifying. so it seems the apron brought his attention to the immediate area, which led him to examine the apron, find blood on it and then look around where he found the graffiti.

Why would a discarded apron cause such attention to a police officer-so much so that he would examine it enough to find blood?
              Since he discovered it after more than 1 hour after the murder, his awareness of such objects and feelings about their potential importance might have been elevated.
              Michael Richards

Comment

What's more plausible? That the killer hung around somewhere for an hour before depositing the apron... or that PC Long simply missed/ignored it last time around? As Bridewell said, we shouldn't take PC Long's testimony automatically as gospel... particularly as he was proven to be a man of questionable conduct.

Comment

Working...
                X