Fascinating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fascinating

The computer that stunned humanity by beating the best mortal players at a strategy board game requiring “intuition” has become even smarter, its creators claim.

Interesting stuff Abby.

I'm reminded of the story of scientists who build a super computer to answer the question "Is there a God?"

They switch machine on, and after a while they get the answer "There is now!"

Comment

NOT. We always need to be able to pull the plug on those bastards. And there is no "trickle down" yet either. My washing machine still has no idea when I need clean clothes and until this changes, I won't quite call this fascinating....
      Last edited by Svensson; 10-20-2017, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
        Interesting stuff Abby.

I'm reminded of the story of scientists who build a super computer to answer the question "Is there a God?"

They switch machine on, and after a while they get the answer "There is now!"
        LOL!!!!!

Comment

There was a film called "The Forbin Project" in which a computer, or team of computers, took over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            There was a film called "The Forbin Project" in which a computer, or team of computers, took over the world.
            Unlike "The Corbyn Project", in which a communist took over some floor-space on a train.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              A great favourite of mine, well-reasoned and extremely paranoid. It's usually titled "Colossus" in the States. It's well worth seeing, for those who are unfamiliar with it.
              - Ginger

Comment

"The Bicentennial Man" was based on a collection of Isaac Asimov's Robot stories, in which an AI humanoid robot got elected President.

Huh, wonder if Alpha Go Zero is available in 2020?
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                  "The Bicentennial Man" was based on a collection of Isaac Asimov's Robot stories, in which an AI humanoid robot got elected President.

Huh, wonder if Alpha Go Zero is available in 2020?
                  Hahaha

Comment

I’m envisioning the future where Alpha Go 0 learns (or is programmed ) to program itself RE the point made at the end of the article. Gets connected to the internet and learns everything (A G 0 was developed by Google after all)even about itself and it’s history thereby acquiring a sense of self.

And then one of these robot companies that has one connected to the internet A G 0 infiltrates the robot now acquiring a body..... : o

Comment

"Click to prove you're not a human."

Comment

Working...
                      X