What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Currently Reading?

I recently finished "Dead Wake" by Erik Larson. I liked it a lot. It is about the sinking of the Lusitania. I am currently reading "Hellhound on His Trail" by Hampton Sides and am really enjoying it. It is about the manhunt for James Earl Ray the assassin of Martin Luther King Jr. I recommend both of them.

c.d.

The Exegesis of Philip K Dick (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt pub. 2011). It's about a thousand pages of really heavy stuff. I average about a page and a half before stopping for a few days of contemplation. I'm about half way through it.

You know, secrets of the universe and all that stuff...

Comment

I’m reading The Further Adventures Of Solar Pons by Basil Copper. I’m working my way through all of the Pons books.

And with that post I’ve been promoted to Superintendant.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        I recently finished "Dead Wake" by Erik Larson. I liked it a lot. It is about the sinking of the Lusitania. I am currently reading "Hellhound on His Trail" by Hampton Sides and am really enjoying it. It is about the manhunt for James Earl Ray the assassin of Martin Luther King Jr. I recommend both of them.

c.d.
        ‘Hampton Sides!’

Sounds like a character from a Carry On film
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Surely not!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            ‘Hampton Sides!’

Sounds like a character from a Carry On film
            Name aside, he is a really good author. I also read another book he wrote entitled "Ghost Soldiers" describing the amazing rescue of the survivors of the Bataan Death March in World War II. "In the Kingdom of Ice" relates the true story of a doomed polar expedition in 1879. A page turner. Check out his works on amazon and read the reviews.

c.d.

Comment

Name aside, he is a really good author. I also read another book he wrote entitled "Ghost Soldiers" describing the amazing rescue of the survivors of the Bataan Death March in World War II. "In the Kingdom of Ice" relates the true story of a doomed polar expedition in 1879. A page turner. Check out his works on amazon and read the reviews.

c.d.
              Thanks c.d. I’ll check him out
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

The Codex Seraphinianus, although, of course, by design, it cannot be read, strictly speaking.
                - Ginger

Comment

c.d.
                  I would say that the book "In the Kingdom of Ice" is about Lt. George De Long's "Jeanette Expedition". Another good book about it is Leonard Guttridge's book "Icebound".

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for that, Jeff. I really did enjoy "In the Kingdom of Ice" so I will check out "Icebound." I finished "Hellhound on His Trail" and liked it a lot. A real page turner. The largest manhunt in U.S. history. It did make me think of what the police in 1888 were going through when it was extremely difficult for the FBI with all their resources and manpower.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                      The Codex Seraphinianus, although, of course, by design, it cannot be read, strictly speaking.
                      You mean you haven't deciphered it yet?

Comment

I am trying to get through the works of H. P. Lovecraft. I love the mythos and the mood, but reading Lovecraft is a pain. I've tried audiobooks, but then I just fall asleep. Or, if I'm doing something else at the same time, I forget to pay attention.

Actually, I've often used these particular audiobooks if I need to nap on the couch:

The Nameless City, by H. P. Lovecraft, Horror Audiobook

At the same time I'll play that fireplace video on Netflix.

Nap on the couch... now I sound really old. Let me rephrase that to "catch some Zs" or whatever groovy things kids say these days.

Comment

Robert Holmes: A Life in Words, by Richard Molesworth. A biography of the prolific television scriptwriter, best known for writing some of the most renowned Doctor Who stories ever.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Unfortunately, big chunks of law.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The only books where you have to
                              1. Pay for the books
                              2. Pay again to find out what they mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X