Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
General Discussion: Jack The Ripper and Venus - by John Wheat 43 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 57 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 1 hour and 5 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 1 hour and 12 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Trevor Marriott 1 hour and 18 minutes ago.
Ripper Authors: Can You Name this book/Author? - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (91 posts)
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: Lech versus Kos - (27 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Jack leave his fingerprints on Mary Jane Kelly? - (27 posts)
Ripper Authors: Can You Name this book/Author? - (10 posts)
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - (9 posts)
General Discussion: Jack The Ripper and Venus - (9 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Motive, Method and Madness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1241  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Dahmer certainly did.

Anyway, the point is that these men - and people like them - wanted to remove the abdominal organs for various reasons, and they could have gained access to them only in a limited number of practicable ways. A single, long incision is one approach; cutting out panels/flaps/strips of flesh is another. There's nothing remarkable if two separate murderers happen upon similar approaches to accessing the abdominal viscera.

Flaps, schmaps.

Dear me. Are you now saying that how Dahmer opened up his victims abdomens EQUALS cutting the abdominal flesh away in flaps? Is that it? If so, you just disqualified yourself from posting any further view with a hope of being taken seriously.
Quick reply to this message
  #1242  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:44 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 10,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
When are you going to get a grip? When are you going to stop peddling your view as if it was a fact?.
Don't you dare falsely accuse me of presenting imagination as fact.

Kelly had her ENTIRE abdomen laid open, for Christ's sake. That did not happen in the torso cases, nor in any of the other Ripper murders, for that matter.
Quote:
Now, if you want to make yourself REALLY useful, go find another case where a killer cut away the abdomonal wall from his victim.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhhhhhhhh hhhhhh!

You just don't f*king get it, do you?

Enough's enough.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message
  #1243  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:47 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 10,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Dear me. Are you now saying that how Dahmer opened up his victims abdomens EQUALS cutting the abdominal flesh away in flaps?
He might, he might not, but that's beside the point.

THE FLAPS ARE NOT IMPORTANT, because there's only LIMITED WAYS a layman is going to open up an abdomen in order to access the contents.

How many f*king times do I have to say that?
Quote:
Is that it? If so, you just disqualified yourself from posting any further view with a hope of being taken seriously.
Think before you gloat.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message
  #1244  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:51 AM
RockySullivan RockySullivan is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W Richards View Post
I see you've even coined a new nickname for your expanded series, one that is essentially your argument here.
Just for the record, i used it here
Quote:
I think LISK studied the Ripper/Torso murders 04-11-2014, 08:26 PM
RockySullivan
Chief Inspector
*
and i'm sure it's been used earlier on here. I just hate to see surstromming get credit
Quick reply to this message
  #1245  
Old 10-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySullivan View Post
Just for the record, i used it here
and i'm sure it's been used earlier on here. I just hate to see surstromming get credit
ive been going with TorsoRipper
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message
  #1246  
Old 10-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
He might, he might not, but that's beside the point.

THE FLAPS ARE NOT IMPORTANT, because there's only LIMITED WAYS a layman is going to open up an abdomen in order to access the contents.

How many f*king times do I have to say that?Think before you gloat.
Sam
I'm just going to say this one more time about this issue and then I'm out because I don't like hitting my head against a brick wall.

you keep saying the flaps are unimportant, theres only a limited way a layman can gain access to the abdomen, no similarities etc.

yet at the same time saying

Quote:
to open up an abdomen in order to access the contents
so you admit we have three victims where the killer:

Quote:
open up an abdomen in order to access the contents.
forget about the "flaps shmaps" (LOL! btw) so you admit,at least this part, its a similarity?

yes or no.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Last edited by Abby Normal : 10-27-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Quick reply to this message
  #1247  
Old 10-27-2017, 12:24 PM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,900
Default

Sam Flynn: He might, he might not, but that's beside the point.

Of course. Why would it be the point when we are discussing how likely it is that a killer will remove the abdominal wall in sections? It is of course totally and utterly irrelevant to that topic!

So what do you want to discuss instead?

THE FLAPS ARE NOT IMPORTANT, because there's only LIMITED WAYS a layman is going to open up an abdomen in order to access the contents.

Okay. So just about the only way a killer/layman can open the abdomen is in this fashion, by removing the abdominal wall in sections?
Then it stands to reason that jst about every eviscerator will do precisely that.

However, Gareth - it seems there are no further examples of the habit? Isn´t that odd? You even had to lie about Dahmer to try and find an example!

Maybe there is a choice between opening with a cut and NOT remove the wall, and opening with a cut and DO remove the wall - and 100 per cent of the killers use the former way?

How about the tooth thing? There are only so many ways a layman can pull a tooth out. But doing THAT is "weird" in Gareth-land, whereas it is decidedly NOT weird to cut away a fellow human beings abdominal wall in flaps.

If you think you can sell this idea to anybody who has had their head screwed on properly - or screwed on in any fashion at all, properly or not - then you are sorely mistaken.

You are having the baldfaced audacity to try and claim that it is irrelevant that the killer cut the abdomen away in sections! You are trying to discard that as unimportant! And then you accuse ME of fitting the evidence! It is mindbogglingly weird.

How many f*king times do I have to say that?

The fewer the better, unless you are aspiring to aquire a one-way ticket to the funny farm. I have never seen a more apallingly mindless argument made out here in all the years I have posted. If I had a remedy to reccomend, I would do it, but I am at a loss to see what will help.

Last edited by Fisherman : 10-27-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Quick reply to this message
  #1248  
Old 10-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,900
Default

Sam Flynn: Don't you dare falsely accuse me of presenting imagination as fact.

It´s only a few posts back that you claimed that Dahmer removed the abdominal wall from his victims.

I don´t think anything more has to be said on this subject. And I will certainly dare to point your ramblings out whenever you are misleading.

I´m done discussing with you for tonight, since I can clearly see that you have lost the plot totally. Please have a cold shower and a good nights sleep, and you may be able to clear away that red haze that stands in the way for your eyesight.
Quick reply to this message
  #1249  
Old 10-27-2017, 12:32 PM
RockySullivan RockySullivan is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post

The fewer the better, unless you are aspiring to aquire a one-way ticket to the funny farm. I have never seen a more apallingly mindless argument made out here in all the years I have posted. If I had a remedy to reccomend, I would do it, but I am at a loss to see what will help.

Surstromming demands respect like he's in charge but then he makes rude comments to people
Quick reply to this message
  #1250  
Old 10-27-2017, 12:35 PM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySullivan View Post
Surstromming demands respect like he's in charge but then he makes rude comments to people
I´d be happy to tell you why that is very wrong once you learn how to behave on an internet forum. The choice - as always - is yours.
Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.