This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    It could be possible that d.n.a from the descendants was added after it came into the current owners possession.
    Or alternately while in the museum [if it ever was] it came into contact with other material in the case.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

As far as I can gather and please let me know if I'm wrong this d.n.a result dosnt rule Kosminski out and as only 400,000 people could have this d.n.a strain at the time then there is a 99 out of a hundred chance that it is his.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I think we have to wait to see how this plays out over the next few months or years. On the face of it, a match of even 1 in 400,000 looks good enough, but on the other hand were this a case from say 40 years ago, & Kosminski was still alive, I am not sure it would be enough to definitely secure conviction. Of course, this being the material, commercial World, there is always the possibility of a hoax, I suppose.

The real thing that is obvious is that not many of us lot - in their heart of hearts - really wants the case to be solved, ever, unless maybe it chooses our own, favoured suspect. If the shawl evidence proves real, (more supportive tests, proof that it is not a set of faked evidence etc.), then we have to accept it as a fact. I would, even though Kosminski was/is well down my own personal list of likely suspects.
        Allen

Comment

Personally I'd love to see it solved and if he wasn't trying so hard with rubbish like St Micheal's day [getting the date of MJK's death wrong] I would be more receptive.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

1 in 400,000 against it been Kosminski would be good enough for me to shout SOLVED I would like to see druitts descendants d.n.a tested just to play fair because I've always thought it was him and I would feel very let down if it wasn't and all the people I've convinced it was I'm going to look even more stupid than I normally do .If this is true I will have to find a new hobby after nearly 40 years not fair.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

right

Hello Neil. Hear, hear!

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Kate

Hello Harry.

"We'll leave the multi-killer theorists to turn off the lights."

How do you figure that? Recall: ONLY Eddowes is implicated here--and THAT with mitochondrial DNA.

Rubbish.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

shawl

Hello GUT.

"Of course it is, he probably knitted the shawl."

Now you're talking! No shawl is listed amongst Kate's effects.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

link

Hello Jason.

"If this is a relative of Kosminski and the d.n.a matched then we all will have to accept this scientific fact but there are some people who will never be persuaded."

Thousands of people have similar DNA. The pressing problem is to link the shawl to Kate.

Not easily done.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

yup

Hello Trevor. Exactly.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

cynical

Hello GUT.

"And as for his idea that the ripper left the shawl at the scene of the crime as a clue????????"

My friend, you are nearly as cynical as me.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello Harry.

"We'll leave the multi-killer theorists to turn off the lights."

How do you figure that? Recall: ONLY Eddowes is implicated here--and THAT with mitochondrial DNA.

Rubbish.

Cheers.
                          LC
                          I rest my case, Lynn.

If the shawl IS the genuine article and shares (mitochondrial) DNA of Eddowes AND Kosminski, then that's pretty compelling at first glance. However, I'm no science wiz, so it could turn out to be a load of old bunkum.

Comment

knife

Hello Wolfie.

"Perhaps, Kosminski and Eddowes had time to conduct business, using the shawl as a cover, or blanket or wipe to clean off, and then he brutally killed her."

And whilst this was going on, the knife was . . . well, where?

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello GUT.

"And as for his idea that the ripper left the shawl at the scene of the crime as a clue????????"

My friend, you are nearly as cynical as me.

Cheers.
                              LC
                              G'day Lynn

Maybe even more cynical.
                              G U T

Comment

right questions

Hello Paul. You are asking the right questions.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X