No announcement yet.

The new Wall Writing photo discovery – a joint statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be silly Tom. Everyone knows the attention of girls is the last thing you want.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• You mean too much of a good thing? I suppose you're right.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Uh huh. You keep talking straight and we'll keep pretending we believe you.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          LOL. So now I've been cast down with the pub talk gadflies, is that it? I'm just a hanger-on? A couple of days ago you threaten to 'tell teacher' on me, and for no good reason, and now - after I sing your praises and try to repair the damage - you completely marginalize my contributions to and place in the field. You've been brainwashed, my friend. This is not the same Monty from years ago. And Ally's apparently one of the 'much respected people' you showed the photo to. I'm sure she had much insight to offer, given her Ripperological credentials. She's certainly quick to jump to your defense. Hmmm.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          I apologise Tom,

You have had it rough lately. The fact Philip didn't come seek your opinion upon his discovery of the Dutfields Yard photo still grates. The lack of council sort with you over Jakes recons of Berner Street for The Definitive documentary obviously is still sore...and now Rob and I have dared not to turn to you.

You are a fine researcher and writer Tom, however you deal in kudos and praise. You seek and you distribute it, its your dollar. You balance the sarcasm with the false worship, and wonder why I'm such a cynic.

The day you realise its not about who finds what or the faux praise but rather what is found is the day you will find peace.

And for what its worth, Karen Trenouth was consulted before Ally.

As was Diddles and Sir Robert Anderson via Gypsy Rosa, Clairvoyant to the stars including Danny La Rue.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
            I

Monty

Well ...Ouch.

See if I let you be basement gimp now.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Just not cricket!

Don't questions re playing a straight bat, or batting for both sides belong more properly on a Druitt thread?

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post

Really? I always thought of Karen and Ally as a Lechmere/Cross combo; different names same person.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty
                  You are a fine researcher and writer Tom
                  Thank you, Monty. And you're probably correct about everything else, except the 'faux praise' bit. I'm rarely disingenuous when it comes to my kudos, unless for some reason it would serve me a purpose to be. But thankfully, that's rare. And whereas Philip could have served himself by coming to me, his not doing so was clearly out of simple bad decision making and I hold no grudge there. I have no problems with Jake, because I'm not sure the two of us have ever exchanged two words, so I don't see why he would contact me, thus his friends did him a disservice by not doing so. But try talking Mitre Square with Jeff Leahy and have him tell you a bunch of nonsense and then realize he's overseeing some project about Mitre Square but gets it all wrong because he doesn't ask you and then he's all "Oh I wanted to ask you but the boss men said NO". That does tend to get on your tits after a while.

There may not be a 'Cartel' in the strictest sense, but there is an insular 'London Group', so to speak, and then the rest of us. It didn't use to be that way.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Tom,

Maybe I was being unfair.

Philip freely admits that your work in Ripper Notes on Berner Street was very beneficial to him. In fact he reccomends your piece, as do I, to anyone who wants a overview on Strides murder. It is a fantastic reference.

Your point about Mitre Square is valid also, I cannot lie. I would be pi$$ed if I saw errors. I was fortunate to set straight the Mitre Square watkins scene, even if the actor wore his helmet too high.

With that in mind I rectract comments I made regarding those matters. Its only fair.

I'm not in London, so this insular London group is not exactly true. However there is a core of friends who enjoy each others company and exchange opinion and information on Jack.

That said, that is done across the globe. It must be frustrating for those, like you, who cannot meet up or, more importantly, get to London regularly to conduct research, as most of the information is held in the UK. So it is important that those of us who can do, and present it properly for those who cannot, for whatever reason. It doesn't help when comments of secrecy, unfounded comment, emerge when one is working their balls off trying to get it out there.

And that is when antagonism turns to frustration and posts like mine above sometimes come out.

I hope that explains my reasons and, as stated, I take on board your points.

All I ask is a little consideration until all is out and then unload both barrels if you must.

Monty
                    Monty

Comment

• Hi Monty. That was a very fair post. So fair I'm afraid Ally will lose her lunch! You've pretty much nailed it on the head.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Monty,

I was fortunate to set straight the Mitre Square Watkins scene, even if the actor wore his helmet too high.
                        Actors playing policemen never wear their helmets properly. They're usually perched on top of the head, instead of at the front, with the chinstrap under the chin, instead of on it. Then again, half the police you see nowadays don't know how to wear them either.

Apologies for the rant - it's a constant bugbear with me!

Regards, Colin.
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                          Hi Monty,

Actors playing policemen never wear their helmets properly. They're usually perched on top of the head, instead of at the front, with the chinstrap under the chin, instead of on it. Then again, half the police you see nowadays don't know how to wear them either.

Apologies for the rant - it's a constant bugbear with me!

Regards, Colin.
                          To be honest Colin,

The Watkins actor got it wrong.

Hold your thumb knuckle at the tip of your nose, and where the tip of your thumb finishes, that's where the helmet peak should sit.

However this guy didn't do that. Apparently actors like to get their faces seen.

Monty
                          Monty

Comment

• Hi Monty,

I don't doubt you for a second, but who dreamed up that regulation?

Regards,

Simon
                            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• City PC Donald Rumbelow, Simon.

He told me that's how he was told to wear his helmet when he was a young Bobby.

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

• Hi Monty,

Thank you.

There's a gag in here somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can find it.

Please give my very best to the Donald.

Regards,

Simon
                                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                                X