No announcement yet.

Same Colorado Baker Refuses to Bake Cake Celebrating Gender Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if I could self-identify as the worlds best looking and most sexually attractive man and be treated accordingly
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hi Michael

Perhaps the baker will do you a wedding cake

The official video for the song "I Married Myself" from the 2003 album Lil' Beethoven. Directed by Kuntzel + Deygas.Like SPARKS on Facebook: https://www.face...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Hi Michael

Perhaps the baker will do you a wedding cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ONRt9ER6Y
        Great stuff

The day will come (not for me though, I’d fall out with myself )
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I heard a good comment today that helps put things into perspective. What if this baker went to a bakery run by an atheist to request a special cake to celebrate his wedding anniversary but was told by the atheist sorry I don't make cakes for Christians. What would his response be?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            I wonder if I could self-identify as the worlds best looking and most sexually attractive man and be treated accordingly
            Sorry, Herlock. I already have that title.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              It’s more than I bit worrying when you think about how far all this can go. Should a white man or woman be allowed to ‘identify’ as black or vice versa?
              Come on, white teenagers have been playing and singing rap music for decades already.

Seriously, gender is different from one's biological sex, because gender roles are assigned by society. Men hunt, women gather. Men rule, women serve. It has been this way for thousands of years, and generally a person was stuck in the gender roles assigned by birth.
              Historically this made sense, as work was so much harder from a physical viewpoint.
              Even so, some individuals chose to embrace the opposite gender from the one they were born as. Why? Is it just a rebellion against a society that may seem oppressive to them? That might work for women, but men traditionally have been the superior gender, yet men also sometimes identify with the female role, as noted in Native American tribes.

So. Maybe there is a physiological link to this "mental" condition? Our knowledge and understanding of the human mind grows constantly, and perhaps we need to consider a kinder and more compassionate society.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

I heard a good comment today that helps put things into perspective. What if this baker went to a bakery run by an atheist to request a special cake to celebrate his wedding anniversary but was told by the atheist sorry I don't make cakes for Christians. What would his response be?

Presumably it would be, "I've had bad luck. I'll try somewhere else. It isn't the end of the world."

Cakes don't matter. And nor do shorts :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

Presumably it would be, "I've had bad luck. I'll try somewhere else. It isn't the end of the world."

Cakes don't matter. And nor do shorts :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuJBtcMMp8
                  Loved Ripping Yarns
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I look around at what’s going on in the world and the directions that things are moving in and I honestly see nothing in the to feel optimistic about. Sounds miserable but it’s the truth.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

More dire predictions about Brexit :

The Jewish Prophets according to Monty Python. Clip taken from "Life of Brian."

Comment

Believing you have different sex chromosomes to the ones you were born with, and wanting to castrate yourself are clearly the signs of a sane, well-balanced individual.

World's gone nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                          Believing you have different sex chromosomes to the ones you were born with, and wanting to castrate yourself
                          Who says they believe they have different chromosomes? Who says they want to castrate themselves?

Your prejudice and ignorance are becoming ever more apparent with every post. Scratch that - they were pretty obvious from the outset.
                          Last edited by Sam Flynn; 08-18-2018, 08:03 AM.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Who says they believe they have different chromosomes? Who says they want to castrate themselves?

Your prejudice and ignorance are becoming ever more apparent with every post. Scratch that - they were pretty obvious from the outset.
                            Must be nice looking down from that high-horse of yours, Sam. Why don't you resort to some kind of logic instead of pathetic virtue-signalling?

I thought gender was a social construct and sex was a biological one? Trans ideology flagrantly contradicts that.

Comment

In the nick of time, the BBC arrives with fuel for the dying fire! http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2018...make-the-rules

Now, interestingly (to me at least), the Popeye character Alice the Goon came from Goon Island, located somewhere off the coast of South America. For those not familiar with Popeye, Alice is to all appearances a hairy, physically imposing, extremely strong man, who nonetheless presents as a woman. Several sources attest the noun 'goon' as first seen in 1921, with the character of Alice the Goon. The only prior attestations are for the adjective "gony" (a stupid or clumsy person - 1580), and "gooney bird" (an albatross - 1850). So, Segar, who drew Popeye, got 'goon' from somewhere other than common usage - either just made it up, backconstructed it from "gooney", or possibly adapted it from something else he had heard. It may well be that a sailor's yarn about what he saw in the Guna islands gave birth to Alice the Goon.
                              - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                                In the nick of time, the BBC arrives with fuel for the dying fire! http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2018...make-the-rules

Now, interestingly (to me at least), the Popeye character Alice the Goon came from Goon Island, located somewhere off the coast of South America. For those not familiar with Popeye, Alice is to all appearances a hairy, physically imposing, extremely strong man, who nonetheless presents as a woman. Several sources attest the noun 'goon' as first seen in 1921, with the character of Alice the Goon. The only prior attestations are for the adjective "gony" (a stupid or clumsy person - 1580), and "gooney bird" (an albatross - 1850). So, Segar, who drew Popeye, got 'goon' from somewhere other than common usage - either just made it up, backconstructed it from "gooney", or possibly adapted it from something else he had heard. It may well be that a sailor's yarn about what he saw in the Guna islands gave birth to Alice the Goon.

And I must beg pardon. "Goon" is indeed attested from 1921, but the character didn't appear until 1933. As Emily Litella would say, "Never mind."
                                - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                                X