Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GOGMAGOG-letter

Hi,

Craig has done a great job searching for the metaphorical letter which I have previously discussed here. This letter could have been written by the killer. It can be interpreted as giving the date of the murder on Kelly, the adress to the murder site and the names Mary and Elizabeth. I think Elizabeth survived because she barricaded her door with two tables.

Craig has found this letter. It was published in two newspapers, The Daily News and The Standard, on the 6th of November.

I publish the GOGMAGOG-letter here.

"Sir,

Let me in the interest of the children, say a few words as the result of inquiries I have made, advice I have consequently given, and intentions I have personally formed.

It will be a procession (I am told by the head of the police) nearly a quarter of a mile long – cavalry of the smartest, three of the finest mounted bands in the British Army, banners galore, and above all the grand old gilt coach.

Let Paterfamilias or Uncle Peter provide the time honoured lunch and bring up the young folks to spend their usual holiday. I can promise them a pleasant one – yours very faithfully,

GOGMAGOG”

And here is my letter to Craig.

Hi Craig,

I will give you the interpretation. The underlined phrases are the metaphorical phrases which can be interpreted. The rest is just nonsense talk to get the message through to the smart police.

"Sir,

Let me in the interest of the children, say a few words as the result of inquiries I have made, advice I have consequently given, and intentions I have personally formed.

Interpretation: He has formed some unknown intentions. What are they?

It will be a procession (I am told by the head of the police)

Interpretation: He is talking about Lord Mayor´s Show. He wants to get the reader´s attention to the fact that he is aware of the police and is adressing them.

nearly a quarter of a mile long –

Interpretation: A quarter of a mile = 1320 ft.

Mile means “Mille”. Quart (er) is phonetically similar to Court.

Result: 13 20 Miller´s Court.

cavalry of the smartest,

Interpretation: the smart constables. (The word comes from the latin Comes Stabuli: a constable was responsible for keeping the horses of a lord.)

three of the finest mounted bands in the British Army, banners galore, and above all the grand old gilt coach.

Interpretation: Lord Tennyson wrote in a known letter about the grand gilt coach. And he wrote a drama called Queen Mary. In this drama there is Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and the Lord Mayor.

Let Paterfamilias or Uncle Peter provide the time honoured lunch and bring up the young folks to spend their usual holiday.

Interpretation: A latin word indicating an interest in latin saying that you should look for latin words in this text.

I can promise them a pleasant one –

Interpretation: He can promise them a terrible one (using ironical language).

yours very faithfully,

GOGMAGOG”

Craig, I appreciate your interest in the GOGMAGOG-letter.

As I have said, I think this letter might have been written by him. But it is not any part of my research about the killer´s identity.

But I can tell you that I believe that he did write to the police and there are a few sources indicating this.

The GOGMAGOG-letter may or may not be one of his letters. One thing that supports such an hypothesis is that he knew latin.

Many serial killers write in code or metaphorical language to the police.

If the police understand the meaning of the texts, it can help them catch the killer. But the killer must write in a difficult language, otherwise he might get caught.

And especially if he gives the address to the next murder site, the date of the murders and the names of the victims.

Regards Pierre
    Last edited by Pierre; 12-23-2015, 04:32 AM.

Pierre,
    Gog and Magog were and are regarded as the ancient protectors of the City of London, and are carried in procession to this day in the Lord Mayor's Procession. The last thing Jack the Ripper would be doing would be evoking these symbols of the might and power of the City of London.

You seem to place a lot of emphasis on the writer knowing Latin. Every public schoolboy and every pupil at the grammar schools of the day learned Latin and Greek as part of a classical education. Even I, who didn't study Latin at school, know what 'paterfamilias' means. If the writer had dropped in some ancient Greek or Latin tags that might have been impressive, but he didn't.

I don't know why you are interpreting 'cavalry of the smartest' as to do with constables of any sort. In the 19th century, and now, members of the Household Cavalry (among the smartest regiments of the British Army) ride in the procession accompanying the Lord Mayor's gold coach.

I'm not interpreting this letter, which you seem to have festooned with a lot of meaningless mumbo jumbo, in a sinister way at all. Gogandmagog is inviting the young people and children of London to see the Show and have an enjoyable day!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
      Pierre,
      Gog and Magog were and are regarded as the ancient protectors of the City of London, and are carried in procession to this day in the Lord Mayor's Procession. The last thing Jack the Ripper would be doing would be evoking these symbols of the might and power of the City of London.

You seem to place a lot of emphasis on the writer knowing Latin. Every public schoolboy and every pupil at the grammar schools of the day learned Latin and Greek as part of a classical education. Even I, who didn't study Latin at school, know what 'paterfamilias' means. If the writer had dropped in some ancient Greek or Latin tags that might have been impressive, but he didn't.

I don't know why you are interpreting 'cavalry of the smartest' as to do with constables of any sort. In the 19th century, and now, members of the Household Cavalry (among the smartest regiments of the British Army) ride in the procession accompanying the Lord Mayor's gold coach.

I'm not interpreting this letter, which you seem to have festooned with a lot of meaningless mumbo jumbo, in a sinister way at all. Gogandmagog is inviting the young people and children of London to see the Show and have an enjoyable day!
      Hi Rosella,

Well, you can choose to intepret the letter like that. As I said, it is just an hypothesis that the killer wrote it.

If he did I also think he had a reason to sign it the way it is signed. I will get back to that later.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Omg Ogmagog.

Comment

GogMagog was the ripper?

Or maybe Pierre meant God Shamgod-former NBA player? LOL!!
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Actually, in the spirit of the thread, if you rearrange the name it spells, OMG GO GAG. Clearly, he is foreshadowing reactions to Kelly.

Comment

GOO GOO GAGA
              baby talk.
              “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

Lady Gaga? The Go Gos?

Moo Goo Gai Pan?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Lady Gaga? The Go Gos?

Moo Goo Gai Pan?
                  I wonder what Freud would call these defense mechanisms. Infantilization perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    I wonder what Freud would call these defense mechanisms. Infantilization perhaps.
                    Well I guess Jaden was right then-Goo Goo Ga Ga-Baby talk!
                    LOL!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

CASE CLOSED.

JACK THE RIPPER IS GOGMAGOG.

FINALLY AFTER 127 YEARS.

Remember this date ya'll, it will go down in history as a joke.
                      “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

So is this the present?

YAWN

lets look at some of your interpretation:

"nearly a quarter of a mile long –

Interpretation: A quarter of a mile = 1320 ft.

well it says nearly quarter of a mile, not quarter of a mile, so surely it means not 1320 but something less say 13 19 or 13 10.

Mile means “Mille”. Quart (er) is phonetically similar to Court.

not the same as, only similar, I see

Result: 13 20 Miller´s Court.

REALLY

your interpretation of the "cavalry of the smartest", and "above all the grand old gilt coach." are shall I say novel.

Both of these are parts of the Lord Mayors Show. indeed they are the highlights for many.I assume you have actually seen it?

It feels like we are in an inspector Morse story. t

well that was a non event was it not

happy xmas to all

Steve

Comment

Yep good old be Pierre has nutter it out, how did we possibly miss it.

An this I the data he's been raving on about.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Now my interpretation,

Magog is mentioned in the Bible, Rev 20:8. Which also talks of deceiving, so maybe ole Pierre is deceiving us all.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

This thread has me all Agog!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                              X