Katherine Bradshaw Amin (1980-2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katherine Bradshaw Amin (1980-2018)

A very lovely and beloved member of the community passed away today. She was a staple at the conferences and spoke about women's rights and the treatment of the victims. If you never had a chance to meet her, you missed out. If you did have the opportunity, you know the loss that many of us are feeling today.

As with many of us who make friendships online where we rarely get to see one another in person, I have so many memories of talking with her, and so few of talking *with* her. I wish I could have sat next to her at one more conference, and had one more conversation.

There will be a reprint of her talk in the next issue of Ripperologist, and if you didn't read it the first time around, I recommend subscribing so you don't miss it again.

Goodbye, Christmas Kate. You will be missed.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Desperately sad news. Kate was a force of nature, fun to be with, beautiful and bright in all senses of both those words. Commiserations to Nathen and the rest of her family.
    Last edited by Sam Flynn; 07-15-2018, 11:13 PM.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Cancer is unbearable.

My father passed away from stomach cancer two months ago. It's not something you ever expect to come your way.

RIP.

Comment

Very sad news. I think I only met Kate once, must be something like ten years ago, but I remember her well. Such a lovely lady.

Caz
        XX
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I never met Kate but clearly she was a lovely lady who will be greatly missed. R.I.P.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
            Very sad news. I think I only met Kate once, must be something like ten years ago, but I remember her well. Such a lovely lady.

Caz
            XX
            Yes it will have been the 2010 conference at the King's Stores in London. When we all traipsed over to the Flower & Dean estate on our lunch to look at a bit of wall that might have been part of the White House. I've just been going through all my old photos and videos of that weekend, as it was where Kate and her husband Nathen first met.

Her passing is a great loss to Ripperology, and to all her family and friends. She was a lovely kind hearted. intelligent and funny person to know, and I for one will miss her greatly.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
            X