Not for nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Callmebill View Post
    Is there an example of a serial killer who killed X to blame Y?
    The Manson family killed rich white people in the hope the murders would be blamed on poor black people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
      I guess it depends on linguistic interpretation, Sam.
      Indeed, Scott, but the fact remains that the most immediate impression is one of anti-semitism, whether its author intended it or not.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Callmebill View Post
        If JTR hated Jewish people...Why murder women down on their luck?
        Excellent question, Bill. See link to last month's article by British journalist Robert Philpot giving a brief overview of my thesis:

As to the GSG I think Rabbi Adler hit the nail on the head pretty much immediately when looking at the strange spelling of the word 'Juwes':

"I am convinced that the writing emanated from some illiterate Englishman who did not know to spell the word correctly…"

Also, it is my opinion the graffito was a reference to the anti-Semitic riots post-Chapman: recall the chant of "no Englishman".

Stephen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          The Goulston Street Graffito is obviously anti-semitic. Its author was not a Jew, nor pretending to be one.
          Hi Sam,

You seem very sure that he wasn't 'pretending' to be a Jew? All that I was suggesting was that, if the GSG was written by Jack (and of course we can't be sure of that), then one possible interpretion 'could' be that he was trying to inflame feelings against the Jewish community by saying 'I'm the killer and a Jew and the authorities will never believe that a Jew is guilty.' Just one potential interpretation amongst many.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• I still think the GSG is just one of those coincidences. I don't see a fleeing killer ducking into an alleyway to write that. The killer didn't want to tell us about his intentions or taunt the authorities, he just wanted to make a weak jab at the Jews? I could definitely see him ducking in to tidy up, which is why he took the rag with him in the first place. He ditched it, it happened to fall near some graffiti on the wall, and the police put 2 + 2 together and got 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
              I still think the GSG is just one of those coincidences. I don't see a fleeing killer ducking into an alleyway to write that. The killer didn't want to tell us about his intentions or taunt the authorities, he just wanted to make a weak jab at the Jews? I could definitely see him ducking in to tidy up, which is why he took the rag with him in the first place. He ditched it, it happened to fall near some graffiti on the wall, and the police put 2 + 2 together and got 5.
              Could be Harry but I still can't help wondering about the time gap. Why did it take 40+ minutes for him to get to Goulston Street to discard the apron?
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Could be Harry but I still can't help wondering about the time gap. Why did it take 40+ minutes for him to get to Goulston Street to discard the apron?
                I'm thinking time to go home drop of knife and goodies, get cleaned up a bit and grab a piece of chalk.

Comment

• Hello Herlock
                  Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  You seem very sure that he wasn't 'pretending' to be a Jew?
                  Given that by far the most likely reading of the graffito is that it was anti-semitic, it's more likely that its author wasn't pretending to be a Jew. We'd be in triple-bluff territory (at least!) if that were the case.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                    If there was any gap, chances are that it was a gap in PC Long's perception, rather in the timing of the apron-drop itself. By the way, if he missed the apron first time around, it's no criticism of Long; as I've said before, he was a police officer, not a litter-warden.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Hello Herlock
                      Given that by far the most likely reading of the graffito is that it was anti-semitic, it's more likely that its author wasn't pretending to be a Jew. We'd be in triple-bluff territory (at least!) if that were the case.
                      especially since the suspect that night yelled a disparaging jewish insult at one of the witnesses, who had a "heavy" jewish appearance.
                      The same suspect who was wearing a peaked cap and was seen shortly before Eddowes murder with her, and whos bloody apron was directly below the graffiti.

To me its pretty much a no brainer. It all ties together. The suspect was the ripper, who was wearing a peaked cap that night, murdered both Stride and Eddowes, and pissed off at being spotted by jews that night, wrote the graffiti and signed it with the apron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        especially since the suspect that night yelled a disparaging jewish insult at one of the witnesses, who had a "heavy" jewish appearance.
                        The entire neighbourhood had a heavy Jewish appearance. That's the problem: we can't really read much significance into the Jewish element, given the concentration of immigrant Jews in the area.
                        and whos bloody apron was directly below the graffiti.
                        Nowhere is it stated that the apron was "directly" below the graffito, and the very fact that PC Long discovered the writing only whilst he was actively searching the entrance-way suggests very strongly that the apron and graffito weren't in direct proximity. Furthermore, Long says that the apron was in the "passageway" leading to the stairs, whereas Warren said that the writing was on the "jamb" or "open doorway" at the entrance to Wentworth Model Dwellings. There is every indication that, whilst the two artefacts certainly weren't a million miles away from one another, they weren't directly juxtaposed either.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I'm thinking time to go home drop of knife and goodies, get cleaned up a bit and grab a piece of chalk.
                          If you're right Abby, and you definately could be, then for me it argues for the GSG being written by Jack as it makes the act of discarding the apron in Goulston Street a deliberate one. He didn't need to go back out because he would have had no need to get rid of the apron that night. And even if he did want rid off it that night why go back into the heart of events where there would have been increased police activity/awareness?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hello Herlock
                            True Sam but what would be more likely to inflame sentiment against the Jews than having a 'jewish' murderer taunting everyone that he'd never be blamed? As if the Jews were somehow above suspicion. I just think it a possibility, no more.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

If there was any gap, chances are that it was a gap in PC Long's perception, rather in the timing of the apron-drop itself. By the way, if he missed the apron first time around, it's no criticism of Long; as I've said before, he was a police officer, not a litter-warden.
                              Yup. Can't argue with that one Sam. He would have been looking for people up to no good in doorways (although I can't think of what? ) rather than bits of cloth or graffiti.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

The same suspect who was wearing a peaked cap and was seen shortly before Eddowes murder with her, and whos bloody apron was directly below the graffiti.

To me its pretty much a no brainer. It all ties together. The suspect was the ripper, who was wearing a peaked cap that night, murdered both Stride and Eddowes, and pissed off at being spotted by jews that night, wrote the graffiti and signed it with the apron.
                                One aspect of the case that I've never been comfortable with Abby is the idea that Jack would fight/argue in the street, in front of a witness, with his intended victim. I've always felt it more likely that if Stride was a victim of Jack she had an arguement with someone (possibly someone that she knew) who went away and Jack moved in. It's the same reason why I don't really suspect Astrakhan Man or Hutch. Obviously I could be wrong though (unlikely I know )
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X