Cimarron Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cimarron Strip

An episode of the 1967 Western t.v. series 'Cimarron Strip' has just been released on DVD here in the UK.
    The series starred Stuart Whitman as Marshal Jim Crown. In the episode 'Knife in the Darkness' Jack the Ripper is on the loose in Cimarron Strip and it's up to Marshal Crown to hunt him down.
    From a script by Harlan Ellison, it's actually not that bad, most of the facts they use are pretty accurate, and they mention some of the real life players (Martha Tabram, George Lusk). A letter is even sent to the Marshal similar in tone and style to The Dear Boss letter.
    The quality of the DVD is okay. It looks like it was transferred from a video but it's watchable and for £4.99 good value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cimarron Strip.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	669875

Rob

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
    An episode of the 1967 Western t.v. series 'Cimarron Strip' has just been released on DVD here in the UK.
    The series starred Stuart Whitman as Marshal Jim Crown. In the episode 'Knife in the Darkness' Jack the Ripper is on the loose in Cimarron Strip and it's up to Marshal Crown to hunt him down.
    From a script by Harlan Ellison, it's actually not that bad, most of the facts they use are pretty accurate, and they mention some of the real life players (Martha Tabram, George Lusk). A letter is even sent to the Marshal similar in tone and style to The Dear Boss letter.
    The quality of the DVD is okay. It looks like it was transferred from a video but it's watchable and for £4.99 good value.

[ATTACH]8122[/ATTACH]

Rob
    Sounds actually... interesting.
    Me?
    For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

It's not bad, and for the price I think you get your moneys worth.

Rob

Comment

You can watch this on youtube in 8 video parts

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy_Jack View Post
          You can watch this on youtube in 8 video parts

http://www.youtube.com/user/westernmadgal
          Thanks alot!
          Me?
          For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

I just watched it. It was quite effective little story, set in one foggy night, with beautiful lighting - much better than in modern TV shows - and well- used setting.
            Me?

Comment

Hello Rob,

I am in the middle of watching it and so far so good. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I appriciate it.

Yours truly
              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I imagine that only I, and perhaps Stan Reid, can remember seeing the original broadcast of this show.

Comment

Working...
                X