No announcement yet.

Francis Spurzheim Craig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If someone has the full illustration of the Chapman inquest maybe they can post it. I recall that there is a man on the left side at the other table that looks similar to the person suggested to be Craig. Which led me to wonder if artists might have not drawn exact portraits but fell back on "stock" figures. Or, equally as likely, that the side burns and granny glass look was very popular.

(Forgive me I'm posting from a phone)

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post

Razor, apparently.
      thanks Sally. Wow. what way to go

Comment

• Best Wishes,
        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          thanks Sally. Wow. what way to go
          Relatively common at the time, Abby - but horrible, nonetheless

Comment

• Even more horrible for poor Craig - it took him a couple of days to die.

Comment

• Thanks, Hunter.

It appears that the person I was remembering is wearing a monocle.

JM

Comment

• Anyone notice in that pic how the guy in question looks just like the guy above him with the monical?

Comment

• I believe that's what I'm talking about.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Even more horrible for poor Craig - it took him a couple of days to die.
                    Yes, he must have been desperate to have done that to himself - I don't intend to imply that he was wracked with guilt or anything like that, mind you

Comment

• so the theory is that an ex husband paid his ex wife for prostitution and then killed her. And risked getting caught 4 times before that for killing other women in the hope that his ex wife would accompany him to her lodgings in the middle of the night alone.

sorry, cant buy that.

Comment

• That's good then, Digit, because that's not the theory.

Comment

• I agree Robert, that Craig sr. looks much like
                          Anthony Hopkins. I noticed that right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
                            I wonder if Craig did write the Dear Boss letter? Is this covered in the forthcoming book, I wonder? It seems to me that there's a case to be made there...

I think it might be tricky to discount the possibility, all things considered.
                            Hi Sally,
                            I noticed one time I looked at the google book preview that Craig's signature was presented alongside the Dear Boss letter and the handwriting similarity was quite striking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              That's good then, Digit, because that's not the theory.
                              The body of Jack the Ripper’s final victim is set to be exhumed as a new book claims the world’s most famous serial killer was her estranged husband.

Exclusive: New book introduces a brand new suspect, Francis Craig, after identifying the real name of the Ripper’s final victim - his own wife

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                                Hi Sally,
                                I noticed one time I looked at the google book preview that Craig's signature was presented alongside the Dear Boss letter and the handwriting similarity was quite striking.
                                But bearing in mind the Victorians were all taught to write in the same way that may be just coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X