No announcement yet.

need help PLEASE!! :]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celesta - I don't know what you mean. I was finishing off the last few victims (excuse the pun) for TLoJtRTaN from 8pm one evening until 5am on the day of the extended deadline, and after posting it I went on holiday the same day.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
      What I don't understand is why they don't look at the Casebook information clearly written in black up in the top left hand corner. Ha! Could one possibly get ideas for an outline there?
      My thoughts exactly, perhaps we should give these a name??

Widgets??

The Ripper Smorgesboard??

The Whole Kerfulffle at the top side??

Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
        Celesta - I don't know what you mean. I was finishing off the last few victims (excuse the pun) for TLoJtRTaN from 8pm one evening until 5am on the day of the extended deadline, and after posting it I went on holiday the same day.

PHILIP
        Hi Phillip,

Yeah, a grown-up professional, who already knows his subject, can pull that off! Even then, as you say, it's time consuming because you're having to dither with this, and dither with that, to make sure you've got it all down. I did a fair amount of writing in my work. I often found that the final outline was the last thing to be written, if at all. Not that I'm a professional, in your sense, of having written and published a book, but I have written professional papers in my field. It's so much easier to write an outline or an index, if you already know what you've said in the body of the text. When you know your subject, just a quick outline of a napkin works fine, but a last minute project where you don't know the subject could induce panic. I've been there, too!

In this case the "Whole Kerfulffle" spells it out pretty well.

Best wishes,

Celesta
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

A truly great author ignores rules and deadlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
            This sounds like a young person, and I can't fault a young person for being naive or for being inexperienced in new settings.
            I blame the rock and roll. . . .

--J.D.

Comment

I think young Whatever1234 needs nothing more than to be taken by his dorm monitor down to the tuck-shop for a hot murphy or a bag of bulls-eyes followed by an hour of Classics swotting in the Remove common-room, then perhaps a hot buttered muffin before prayers. He may then spend some little time in writing a letter to Mater and Pater begging for the latest yellow-back "Jack The Ripper - Clearly A Bounder" by A.J.W.H.X. Ffyffe-Ffyffe, which tells a chap all he needs to know about the recent misdeeds in the East End where the poor people live.

Whack-o!
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

You're assuming that Whatever1234 is in the UK. And male. And upper-middle class.

What if she's living in a tower block in Bucharest? Eh? Eh?

PHILIP
                Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Philip,

what is your point? Have you not heard of easy jet!!

Jenni
                  “be just and fear not”

Comment

Working...
                  X