homosexual serial killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homosexual serial killers

sorry i don't know enough about this issue...can anyone answer a question or two?

If we accept that Jack was a sexual serial killer, would this rule out, or at least make much less likely, that he might have been a known homosexual?

Are there any modern homosexual serial killers who have targeted women, not men, as their victims?

thanks in anticipation of any help
    babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Hi, not sure on this one, although homosexuality was a crime and veiwed as some major defect in Victorian times, it was still practiced behind closed doors so to speak...the point sorry is why, unless our boy was or felt trapped by a conventional marriage, would he develop a hatred of women, most gays these days seem to be in touch with the feminine side and i know of a few at our office who regularly get invited on hen do's, so i would think it quite uncommon but obviously not immpossible that Jack was a closet gay

live long and prosper

Comment

hi Mr C

thanks for your views.

I don't know about gays hating women...isn't it normally straight married men who feel that way?
      babybird

George Sand

Comment

I concur, unfortunately the incidence of injury or death committed by a partner is still high, obviously higher in the UK pre 1920's..i have no idea why this is, some guys feel threatened by intelligent women

live long and prosper

Comment

guess so Mr C...

nothing to do with the knife i have hidden behind my back!

Nahhh...i'm peaceful really...i'd rather give someone a tongue lashing and a taste of biting wit!
          babybird

George Sand

Comment

nice....where were you earlier when the GM was taking on all comers

live long and prosper

Comment

hi Mr C

i was a detached reader...funnily enough i had just posted a response to him when the threads seemed to disappear!

I was loathe to get involved as there were issues certainly that i didn't feel too comfortable commenting on, re: health issues.

Besides, i thought, the more attention you provide, the more he would repost and repost and repost. If nobody had responded the thread would have died a natural death i think.
              babybird

George Sand

Comment

yes quite right, but i'm not sure he would have given up, he was a driven character, a bit like the gentlemans persona he was trying to adopt...not sure why he suddenly stopped..oh..this sounds familiar.lol...to change topic slightly and ready for that toungue lashing I'm not convinced that Jack starts and finishes with the 5, his method of execution appears to be strangulation. Throat cutting and then mutilation (if it was him and not done afterwards at the mortuary by body part snatchers for the hospitals as has been suggested somewhere). It is possible that he had killed before and after, not neccesarily just in the whitechapel area, he may no longer have had the particular knife or knives with which to carry out the surgical cuts, oh boy.. just spinning around in a circle.

live long and prosper

Comment

hi again Mr C

yes i think Jack killed more than C5. I personally include Martha Tabram as an early attack. I havent really thought about the knife issues.

But we are off topic here and someone else will be along with a tongue lashing for the both of us if we persist!
                  babybird

George Sand

Comment

point taken...not sure where the whole gay thing is going though, gonna need some other commentators on this one, not sure how much of a factor it was when you track down the killer..suppose the threat of watch out for the soap in the showers when you get sent down holds little threat :-)

live long and prosper

Comment

Almost always, sex killers mostly kill the sex that they're attracted to. Ottis Toole might be a rare exception if he can be believed.
                      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

thank you

this was my thought..i find it hard to conceive of JtR as a homosexual myself.
                        babybird

George Sand

Comment

Strangely, in most of the classic unsolved serial killer cases, (New Orleans Axeman, Texarkana Phantom, Cleveland Torso and Zodiac) they killed both male and female. Since they were never caught, we can't say for sure if they were sex killings or what their sexual preference might be.
                          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

good point Stan thanks

what's your own feeling on JtR? Straight? Gay? Bi?
                            babybird

George Sand

Comment

Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                              Are there any modern homosexual serial killers who have targeted women, not men, as their victims?
                              Here are 12 convicted serial killers that are all confessed Homosexuals:
                              Donald Garvey: 37 Murders, John Wayne Gacy: 33 Murders, Patrick Wayne Kearney: 32 Murders, Bruce Davis: 28 murders, Juan Corona: 25 Murders, Jeffrey Dahmer: 17 Murders, Michael C. Buelow suspected of 17 murders convicted of 1, Stephen Kraft: 16 Murders, William Bonin: 14 Murders, and last but certianly not least Dean Corll, Elmer Wayne Henley, and David Owen Brooks were the members of a Texas homosexual torture/murder ring that captured and mutilated 27 young men

The answer to your question in regards to these MODERN day homosexual killers is they killed mostly men and not a single one killed all women. These are modern day killers and attitudes have changed over the years, the moral compass as it where, is pointed almost 180 degrees from where it was in 1888 when it comes to sexual topics. So would a Modern day homosexual serial killer share the same driving blood lust forces as one of Victorian London? Was Jack the exception that proves the rule? Did the Ripper kill men that just didn't get attributed to him because he only felt the need to mutilate the women?
                              'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Working...
                              X