Lechmere The Psychopath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Okay, then, so letīs pick this apart and be done with it!

A/ It should be clear to everybody that Llewellyn and his assessments was what we were speaking of, more specifically that you made the suggestion that he may have been wrong in saying that the vital parts had been damaged.
    Now you of course want to wring things out of context, so this should be a timely reminder to you- I was speaking of LLewellyn and whether he would be able to tell if the inner organs of Nichols were damaged.
    That was not what was written. Maybe you should have been clearer and not used The pleural "Doctors" and "they" .

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    B/ "it is in 99,999 cases because they ARE damaged" does not represent any percentage weighing. It says that the vessles and organs are damaged in 99,999 cases. It does not say in 99,999 casses out of a hundred, Iīm afraid. So I COULD have been speaking about ANY relation.
    Percentage does not come into it.
    It's not 99.999% its 99,999 cases that is 99 thousand 9 hundred and 99.
    And yes I know some places use a comma, not seen it used often on this site.
    You were asked what this meant at the time. Was it out of one hundred thousand?
    It seems you either missed the several posts or chose not to respond, if you had we would not be debating this now.

C/ I Very clearly stated that I was not leaning against any statistics, thus making it abundantly clear that what I said was MY view, and not any statistically verifiable one.

D/ You wrote that I had offered a number for how ofte doctors are wrong, but that makes it sound as if I was giving a general figure. I was not, I was giving a figure for a specific case. And it applies that one can give a number of a 100 per cent certainty in some cases (doctors know that the earth is round) and a much lower certainty in other cases (doctors can always tell closely related diseases from one and other, without checking first). That effectively means that you CANNOT claim that I have given a figure for how often doctors are correct, without clarifying the exact matter I was speaking about. Withholding that information turns your suggestion to nothing but a simple lie.

And no one has claimed it was anything but your view
    Henry was asking about Pierre's post and I pointed out it was possibly in response to a previous post about doctors mistakes and a figure quoted. But if he wanted more he or anyone esles needed to check it and having done so decide if Pierre's comments looked more reasonable in that light

E/ ... and this is my favourite point: if THIS is the best you can offer in terms of levelling a valid criticism against the Lechmere theory, then I may just as well uncork the champagne right now! Not only do you choose to criticize ME instead of my theory, but you also go out of your way to take it out of context and serve it up as if I had spoken generally about doctors.
    It was not a critism of anything to do with the case against Lechmere; so do not try that one.
    With regards to taking out of context, it really is a case of the pot calling the kettle Black, or people in glass house should not throw stones.

It seems it is considered ok to verbal abuse others, and to do the same as you are claiming is now done to you.
    The level of indignation shown every time you feel you are portrayed differently to what you meant, not what you wrote is tiresome to say the least.

At the end of the day nothing but a storm in a teacup.

And I shall ignore the final comment; which some my view as a threat. I don't far too mature for that type of thing

Steve

Comment

Just a quicke before I go - one that I will not name, but also one that ties mainly the 1873 torso case, the Chapman case, the Eddowes case, the Kelly case and the Jackson case closely together. These cases all exhibit elements of the same ritual, derived from the same experience in the killerīs past.
      To my feeble mind, that is!
      But not Nichols?

You must have Nichols in that set to connect the rest to Cross!

Pierre

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fisherman;421492]

That was not what we were speaking of. And I never said that I have turned the theory into proven facts. It is a theory building on circumstantial evidence and the interpretation of that evidence.

So I am not obliged to provide any facts at all.
        I am truly so sorry to hear this.

It is just a game for you, Fisherman.

For me the case is serious.

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
          Fair enough. You are "not obliged to provide any facts at all!" But all those who wish to challenge you must present FACTS and hard EVIDENCE, lest they be shamed by the attempt!

Am I the only one who thinks this may not be Christer's finest hour? Again, going 'round with Christer accomplishes only so much. Others should weigh in at this point.
          It is obvious that Fisherman is purely playing a game. There is no need for facts he says.

He has published a name and a photograph telling people that this is the Whitechapel murderer.

He has published a name and a photograph telling people that this is the torso murderer.

The man whoīs life he has made public is dead and can not complain.

So who can stop the game playing?

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
            Henry was asking about Pierre's post and I pointed out it was possibly in response to a previous post about doctors mistakes and a figure quoted. But if he wanted more he or anyone esles needed to check it and having done so decide if Pierre's comments looked more reasonable in that light
            Steve, as this thread has already long ago descended into an endless cycle of recriminations, arguments over who said what and what they must have meant by it, and whether this or that comment constituted an insult / death threat / invitation to a swingers party - none of which gets us anywhere - let me just briefly join in and add my own petty contribution to the genre: I didn't think that Pierre's comments looked reasonable or unreasonable, it was just that I rather enjoyed his ditching the usual pretense of being a stuffy rank-pulling academic and adopting instead the tactic of gleeful mockery and dry sarcasm that he actually pulled-off with some elan. Hence I asked him whether he had been on the bottle.

I hope that clears up this vitally important point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
              I am truly so sorry to hear this.

It is just a game for you, Fisherman.

For me the case is serious.

Pierre
              If the case is serious to you, why is your evidence always so amusing?

There's an irony there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                Steve, as this thread has already long ago descended into an endless cycle of recriminations, arguments over who said what and what they must have meant by it, and whether this or that comment constituted an insult / death threat / invitation to a swingers party - none of which gets us anywhere - let me just briefly join in and add my own petty contribution to the genre: I didn't think that Pierre's comments looked reasonable or unreasonable, it was just that I rather enjoyed his ditching the usual pretense of being a stuffy rank-pulling academic and adopting instead the tactic of gleeful mockery and dry sarcasm that he actually pulled-off with some elan. Hence I asked him whether he had been on the bottle.

I hope that clears up this vitally important point!
                No problem Henry.

I took it to be his repeating of 99.99 that caused your comment.
                As I suspected what he was talking about I tried to point in right direction.

Wish I hadn't bother time wasted over so trivial an incident.

Steve

Comment

If the case is serious to you, why is your evidence always so amusing?

There's an irony there...
                  Dear Henry,

I have never presented any evidence.

Pierre

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elamarna;421515]

Wish I hadn't bother time wasted over so trivial an incident.
                    Indeed.

But at least you have not bothered to waste 30 years or more on a set of trivial coincidences.

Cheers, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                      Dear Henry,

I have never presented any evidence.

Pierre
                      Nobody here disputes that, Pierre.

Ah well, we'll always have gogmagog to remember you by.

Comment

Nobody here disputes that, Pierre.

Ah well, we'll always have gogmagog to remember you by.
                        Dear Henry,

I am, like anyone else, entitled to extensive speculation, since that is what this forum is about.

That activity however is not an activity from which anyone can judge research.

Cheers, Pierre

Comment

That was not what we were speaking of. And I never said that I have turned the theory into proven facts. It is a theory building on circumstantial evidence and the interpretation of that evidence.
                          In which case Fish, is it not questionable to post the likes of this:

"Exactly - he retains the exact position he always have had as the best suspect overall and the only truly factually based suspect. Nothing less, nothing more."

The Lechmere/Cross "name issue" post # 271.

Steve

Comment

• Hello all.

Guys can I ask a question? Someone is bound to know this.

At the beginning of the 'Remarkable Statement,' in Lloyds it says that Paul, a carman, spoke to one of their representatives when he got back from work.

How did they find him?

Mizen didn't take the names. I'm probably missing something here?

Regards
                            Herlock
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                              Hello all.

At the beginning of the 'Remarkable Statement,' in Lloyds it says that Paul, a carman, spoke to one of their representatives when he got back from work.

How did they find him?

Regards
                              Herlock
                              We don`t know.

My guess is that Paul returned home later that day via Bucks Row, and made himself known to a journalist who was amongst the crowd gathered there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                                Hello all.

How did they find him?

Regards
                                Herlock
                                Maybe Neil took them?

Sunderland Daily Echo and Shipping Gazette - Saturday 01 September 1888:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X