Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books

Hi Good Morning

Just updating my previous post,I did a quick google search Amazon Books and Neil Milkins book does come up £12.96

Who was Jack the Stripper? by Neil Milkins

Then I noted a new book I'd not seen before called:

Exposing Jack the Stripper: Biography of the worst Serial killer You've probably never heard of by Fergus Mason.

I've no idea who Fergus Mason is or whether that is a sudonim but it appears to have been released in August 2013. Never mentioned on the boards as far as I can see so I ordered a copy.

It opens in Abertilary, Wales so I presume it borrows from Neil Milkin and lists chapters on:

Mungo Ireland

Freddie Mills

Tommy Butler

Andrew Cushway

Kenneth Archibald

Two Killers

An Unsolved Mystery

As it dosnt appear to list suspect John Burrows I presume it borrows heavily from pre-published material but it will be interesting to see what they have put together. If anyone knows anything about this book please comment.

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
      Hi Good Morning

Just updating my previous post,I did a quick google search Amazon Books and Neil Milkins book does come up £12.96

Who was Jack the Stripper? by Neil Milkins

Exposing Jack the Stripper: Biography of the worst Serial killer You've probably never heard of by Fergus Mason.

I've no idea who Fergus Mason is or whether that is a sudonim but it appears to have been released in August 2013. Never mentioned on the boards as far as I can see so I ordered a copy.

It opens in Abertilary, Wales so I presume it borrows from Neil Milkin and lists chapters on:

Mungo Ireland

Freddie Mills

Tommy Butler

Andrew Cushway

Kenneth Archibald

Two Killers

An Unsolved Mystery

As it dosnt appear to list suspect John Burrows I presume it borrows heavily from pre-published material but it will be interesting to see what they have put together. If anyone knows anything about this book please comment.

Yours Jeff
      Jeff,
      I've just checked the Amazon page relating to this book.
      I note that it only runs to 120 pages.

Without wishing to be too judgmental, I find it difficult to see how any author can do justice to a case such as the Hammersmith Nude Murders in only 120 pages.

Has anyone read "Jack of Jumps" by David Seabrook?
      It also deals with this particular series of murders.

I have to say that it was one of the strangest NF books I have ever read.
      The author writes in an almost stream of consciousness style that is practically unreadable.

Very weird!

Comment

• Hi Barn

Excuse the shameless self publicity but the 50th Anniversary lecture featuring myself and Neil Milkin is on the 7th March 2015.

Re: David Seabrookes book..

Yes its bizarre. And pointed out earlier on this thread Seabrooke plagerizes large sections of his book ( I realise he is now not here to defend himself) however his clear disdain for the victims leaves me with little sympathy for his writing or style which is at best confusing and disjointed.

However Seabrooke had access to the files and know one else has! And as Seabrooke was such a blatant plagiarist its actually quite easy to go through the book and work out which bits he lifted directly from the original files, and cross matched with News paper articles and Brian McConnells book and some existing coroners records…(This is the basis of my lecture on the 7th March).

And hey presto, you can get a pretty good look at what MEPO 2/9895, MEPO 2/10292-10301, MEPO 2/10303-10318 and CR/201/72/60, what they actually say..

There is of course absolutely NO public benefit to be had by keeping these records closed and the MET decision to release them to a non qualified historian is a National disgrace.

Hopefully someone at the National Archive will soon come to their sence and let someone who knows what they are doing actually write a decent book on the subject based on fact. Good knows the long suffering families of the victims deserve that after all this time.

I don't like the word Cover up, bury clearly something happened that allowed Mungo Ireland to be framed for the murders and I believe that was to do with a bent copper called John Burrows who was asked by the then government to frame Steven Ward. Mungo's wife was a brothel Maid, and like a number of prostitutes at that time I believe they were blackmailed.

As to the real killer, I've no idea but I'd certainly like to know more about Harold Jones given the above ID similarity. I mean who actually let this guy out of prison and why? Was that the real cover up?

Yours Jeff
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 02-15-2015, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Mungo Ireland

Freddie Mills

Tommy Butler

Andrew Cushway

Kenneth Archibald

Two Killers

An Unsolved Mystery

Yours Jeff

Hi Jeff:

I have also come across this book and mentioned it on a Stripper thread. It must have either been the one on JTR Forums or Websleuths. If I recall correctly, another poster followed with the assertion that the book was just a compilation of previous books. Whether that is true or not, I don't know.
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I’m going to quote David Seabrook but his book is annoyingly broken up and full of his silly quips and rancid comments. We really do need a decent book written on the subject that actually covers the FACTS coherently. Gripe over.

Friday Night. 11 pm. Last orders. Upon leaving the Warwick castle Francis Brown and Beryl Mahoon walk toward two men in separate cars waiting at the traffic lights at the junction of Portobello Road. And Westbourne park road. As they approach, the first man waves to them to walk round the corner into Portobello Road. The men then over take them and park nearby in a small mews, Haydens Place.

“When Francis and I got into the Alley the two men were just getting out of their cars and were walking back towards us. I was surprised at first, as I had thought only one of them wanted to do business. I queried this with the smaller one and he said, ‘Its alright, we’re both mates’”

Brown’s suggestion is that the two of them should travel in one car and lead the other to a quiet spot near Chiswick green, but the smaller man, who is the first man, persuades the girls to split up. ‘I know the smaller man did ask us our names and he mentioned his and his mat’s name, but I cannot remember what they were.”

The first man is about 5’8’’ tall and aged between thirty and thirty-five. He has dark brown hair and a full face with a clear complexion. He is wearing a white shirt beneath a light tan suede jacket with a white sheepskin or lambs wool collar. ‘His speech was rougher than my client and he seemed to do all the talking’ He talks to Francis Brown into his car, a darkish grey ford Zephyr or Zodiac, and they are off.

Beryl Mahood gets into a fairly new light grey car with a bench front seat and gear change on driving column. Her man is 5’ 10’’ tall, of medium build, and aged between thirty and thirty-two. He has thinning light brown hair and a roundish face. He is well spoken with a London accent and he chats away as they follow the first mans car.

And then they lose the first mans car in traffic at a point just east of Shepherds bush Green. The second man said ‘It doesn’t matter. He knows where to find me at the flat’.
            This was the last known sighting of Francis Brown..

And interestingly two men together.

Whether those description fit Harold Jones or Mungo Ireland I’m not certain?

Mungo Ireland was from Scotland and known as Jock.
            Actually Pirate Jack me old MAtie we now know that Ireland was american not Scotish and from Pensilvania

Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
            In February 1972 Own Summer re-examined the case and discovered the dead security guard had been working in Scotland at times when at least one of the killings occurred. In fact the police uncovered no evidence, either at his home or premises he visited, to link him to the murdered women.

Mungo Ireland wasn’t working the night Francis Brown disappeared. David Seabrook doesn’t give a satisfactory description of Mungo Ireland (jock) a 45 years old Scot of 132 Tildesley Road Putney. Suicide note:

I can’t stick it any longer. It may be my fault but not all of it. I’m sorry Harry is a burden to you. Give my love to the kid.
            Farewell, Jock. PS. To save you and the police looking for me I’ll be in the garage.

Mungo was a night security guide. Brian McConnell states Mungo was in the army..if you can find his army records it should reveal something about this man. Brian McConnell also claims he was a police officer at one time?

David Seabrook gives us almost nothing on the subject except the name Mungo Ireland and his address..

Well there it is for now. Hope this has helped given some room for thought.

Pirate
            Ok heres a little fun following this rather old post. I'm going to try and upload some new photographs and see what people think and whether they might fit the mug shots. I should stress that the men in question would have been at least ten years older than the description given by Beryl but by her own admission they had been drinking all day.

Yours Jeff
            Attached Files

Comment

• OK now take a good look at these two men.

I'm sorry about the quality of the second I did the best I could.

Yours Jeff
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Barn

Excuse the shameless self publicity but the 50th Anniversary lecture featuring myself and Neil Milkin is on the 7th March 2015.

Re: David Seabrookes book..

Yes its bizarre. And pointed out earlier on this thread Seabrooke plagerizes large sections of his book ( I realise he is now not here to defend himself) however his clear disdain for the victims leaves me with little sympathy for his writing or style which is at best confusing and disjointed.

However Seabrooke had access to the files and know one else has! And as Seabrooke was such a blatant plagiarist its actually quite easy to go through the book and work out which bits he lifted directly from the original files, and cross matched with News paper articles and Brian McConnells book and some existing coroners records…(This is the basis of my lecture on the 7th March).

And hey presto, you can get a pretty good look at what MEPO 2/9895, MEPO 2/10292-10301, MEPO 2/10303-10318 and CR/201/72/60, what they actually say..

There is of course absolutely NO public benefit to be had by keeping these records closed and the MET decision to release them to a non qualified historian is a National disgrace.

Hopefully someone at the National Archive will soon come to their sence and let someone who knows what they are doing actually write a decent book on the subject based on fact. Good knows the long suffering families of the victims deserve that after all this time.

I don't like the word Cover up, bury clearly something happened that allowed Mungo Ireland to be framed for the murders and I believe that was to do with a bent copper called John Burrows who was asked by the then government to frame Steven Ward. Mungo's wife was a brothel Maid, and like a number of prostitutes at that time I believe they were blackmailed.

As to the real killer, I've no idea but I'd certainly like to know more about Harold Jones given the above ID similarity. I mean who actually let this guy out of prison and why? Was that the real cover up?

Yours Jeff
                Jeff,
                Thanks a lot for this, it is very informative.
                I read Neil Milkins' book a few years ago and was impressed by it.
                I particularly like that he resisted the temptation to stretch every contention into the realms of absurdity, and the book was much stronger for it.

I live in Glasgow, so I won't be able to attend your talk at The Bar Locks Pub (great name!).
                I hope that you get a good turnout.
                Have you considered putting a poster in the local libraries?
                Libraries still have a very high footfall, and I'm sure that such a move would generate some interest.

Are there any plans to make available your and Neil's presentations on the web, or on the Casebook Forums?
                I for one would be very interested in hearing what you and Neil have to say.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                  Are there any plans to make available your and Neil's presentations on the web, or on the Casebook Forums?
                  I for one would be very interested in hearing what you and Neil have to say.

Thanks again!
                  I'm not sure on the answer to this question. The lectures are set to open the newly formed H Division Crime Club. An extension of the Jack the Ripper Conference's but taking into account other Crimes and unsolved mysteries in general.

But I have heard Andrew Firth and Ricky Cobb talking about the possibility of publications. Lets see what happens after the talk.

I am however currently filming two new documentaries. I'm spending me day off editing a new Jack the Riper project and a Stripper documentary might also be on its way, I'm certainly starting to put together interviews where possible.

Many thanks
                  Yours Jeff

Comment

• Thanks Jeff,
                    Good luck with your projects.

Comment

• Many thanks Barn..

I'm also of the opinion that the Stripper Murders require an Author of some substance to try and get access to the Archives and compile a more sophisticated account…

Actually I've always thought this would have been a great project for Stewart Evans but could never convince him

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Abertillery Murders

Hello Neil,

At last I have managed to get hold of your book re: the Abertillery murders. I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I think that if it was back in print you would sell a good many more copies.

There are lots of facts included that I did not previously know and the photographs and maps are very helpful.

I've just done a Google Map search and it seems that the area has changed very little since the murders happened.

As for Harold Jones being Jack the Stripper, I would say that it was very likely.

The first book that I read about the 'Stripper' stated that the police knew who the culprit was but decided not to disclose it to the public because the man was now dead and any investigations concerning him would upset the family needlessly.

I have to say that the Fred Dineage TV programme was very disappointing. His criminologist 'expert' David Wilson likes the sound of his own voice far too much for my liking.
                        This is simply my opinion

Comment

• Thank you Louisa for your kind comments. All I can say at present is "fascinating developments soon to be revealed." Regards. Neil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Milkins View Post
                            Thank you Louisa for your kind comments. All I can say at present is "fascinating developments soon to be revealed." Regards. Neil.
                            Hi Neil,

Are you considering writing another book on the Hammersmith Nude Murders? Personally, I find this as fascinating case, although to be honest I've only read David Seabrook's book on the subject (highly detailed, although some of the language he used to describe the victims was, to put it mildly, unfortunate.)

My understanding is that Seabrook was "mistakenly" given access to the police files on the subject. Do you think that failure to gain access to these files in the future will seriously hamper any further research? What is the probability that the files will be released?

Comment

• Now Retired From Writing.

Hi John G. No more writing at present. I don't believe any files relating to the nudes' murders would be any help at all in identifying the killer. I know Harold Jones was the killer. He was the last person to see all 8 murder victims, but no one saw them together. Regards. Neil Milkins.

Comment

• I'd love to read the book but the 123 price check site says that the cheapest available copy is £120! Is it possible to get a reasonably priced copy anywhere?
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                                X