Lechmere in Mitre Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Is it your supposition that Lechmere was trolling for victims that morning, or that he happened opportunistically on a prostitute worse for wear?
    I donīt know, to be honest. There are a number of things to weigh in.
    Overall, I think we may be dealing with a planning opportunist; "I want to kill today, so letīs see what turns up", sort of.
    Then again, it seems the killing itself was subordinate...
    Last edited by Fisherman; 12-09-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      Overall, I think we may be dealing with a planning opportunist; "I want to kill today, so letīs see what turns up", sort of.
      Hi Fisherman,

I see. So you do not have an hypothesis about why he killed at specific dates.

"He wanted to kill" is not historically established by you. There is no data for what Lechmere wanted. If he wanted to kill, there is not one single source to establish it on.

If anyone wanted to kill, that must be established. If anyone killed on a specific date, it must be established why.

I have some questions for you.

The case of the Whitechapel murders follow a time period with specific dates.

Have you found that the time period of Lechmere has specific dates corresponding to the murder dates?

Can these dates be explained by events in his life?

Can these dates be connected to his motive?

And what do you mean by "the killing itself was subordinate"?

Why was it subordinate?

Can it be connected to his motive?

Regards, Pierre

Comment

[QUOTE=Patrick S;402883]

Perhaps as if you had given us a name when you proclaimed "I have found him" with your first post
        Patrick, you forgot the word "think".

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Pierre - stop demanding sources - this isn't a University, it's merely an internet forum. Remember that?

In fact, let's assume that Fisherman has certain sources, he just chooses not to share them here. Same as you, right?

Share YOUR sources, coward.

If you know who the Ripper was, and you are just hunting one final piece of evidence, why are you so obsessively determined to prove the Lechmere theory wrong?

If you are going to reveal this historically impeccable solution, you can just ignore Lechmere, can't you?

Why can't you, Pierre?

Something is not right, Pierre. Things are not as you claim. Everyone can see that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pierre;402943]
            Originally posted by Patrick S View Post

Patrick, you forgot the word "think".

Regards, Pierre
            Backing off are you?
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

QUOTE=GUT;402952

Backing off are you?
              Hi GUT,

No, Iīm afraid not.

But Patrick S had forgotten a word.

He wrote "I have..." instead of "I think I have".

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Then again, it seems the killing itself was subordinate...
                Thanks. Do you think she had recently finished with a punter when the killer met her in Buck's Row?

Comment

Thanks. Do you think she had recently finished with a punter when the killer met her in Buck's Row?
                  Emily Holland met her up at Osborn Street around 2.30, and it would certainly not take an hour to reach Bucks Row from there; we are talking about a stretch of a kilometer, roughly speaking. So there was certainly time for a punter encounter before she met the Ripper.
                  I donīt think we should necessarily speak of the killer meeting Nichols in Bucks Row - as witnessed about by many of the participators of that nightīs drama, Bucks Row and the small adjoining streets were deserted and quiet. It would not be very profitable hunting grounds for a prostitute. Therefore, she may well have picked her client/killer up along Whitechapel Road, where there was prostitution traffick and where the punters would go to find women. That predisposes that Lechmere dropped down to Whitechapel Road looking for prey, a detour, but not a very big one.
                  Alternatively, Nichols had serviced a client in Bucks Row and said her farewells to him, staying put herself to brush up before doing the return trip to Whitechapel Road - at which time a carman passed through the street, picking her up...
                  The time frame is generous, and nobody came forward to testify about seeing Nichols after Emily Holland did, but as you know, many a married man would be hesitant to speak of trolling down Whitechapel Road, so all possibilities remain painfully open.

PS. This thread is called "Lechmere in Mitre Square" so we may need to move a discussion about Nichols elsewhere.
                  Last edited by Fisherman; 12-10-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Emily Holland met her up at Osborn Street around 2.30, and it would certainly not take an hour to reach Bucks Row from there; we are talking about a stretch of a kilometer, roughly speaking. So there was certainly time for a punter encounter before she met the Ripper.
                    I donīt think we should necessarily speak of the killer meeting Nichols in Bucks Row - as witnessed about by many of the participators of that nightīs drama, Bucks Row and the small adjoining streets were deserted and quiet. It would not be very profitable hunting grounds for a prostitute. Therefore, she may well have picked her client/killer up along Whitechapel Road, where there was prostitution traffick and where the punters would go to find women. That predisposes that Lechmere dropped down to Whitechapel Road looking for prey, a detour, but not a very big one.
                    Alternatively, Nichols had serviced a client in Bucks Row and said her farewells to him, staying put herself to brush up before doing the return trip to Whitechapel Road - at which time a carman passed through the street, picking her up...
                    The time frame is generous, and nobody came forward to testify about seeing Nichols after Emily Holland did, but as you know, many a married man would be hesitant to speak of trolling down Whitechapel Road, so all possibilities remain painfully open.

PS. This thread is called "Lechmere in Mitre Square" so we may need to move a discussion about Nichols elsewhere.
                    Thanks, Fish. I was trying to get a handle on how you believe the scenario to have played out. If Lechmere was a 'planning opportunist' as you say, this would seem to favour the second scenario you posited (Nichols is tidying herself up after a client in Buck's Row, when she runs into Lechmere). Although this seems a little too convenient for my liking. Chances are that her punter was probably the killer. If Lechmere was the culprit, I think he must have been trolling through Whitechapel Road when he picked up Nichols.

If you wish to take this discussion elsewhere, be my guest. Personally, I don't see a problem with a brief tangent.

Comment

If you wish to take this discussion elsewhere, be my guest. Personally, I don't see a problem with a brief tangent.
                      Itīs just that it is nice to have thoughts about separate victims collected under their respective headings. There will always be some overlap, of course, but anyway...

Comment

Working...
                      X