Kelly in France?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly in France?

According to information from December 1888 Kelly escsaped to France where he was to stay for 3 years. Are we aware of any similar murders to occur in France? On 1/4/2011 in Australia was the showing of "Jack the Ripper In America" where a cold case detective purports that Kelly possibly committed similar murders across the US. This is based on his travels in the US as taken from his statement years later. If this is the case could we not surmise that there would be similar murders in France during the 3 years he was there? What did he do in the 3 year period?

Hi

The programe surgested James Kelly/John Miller went to America on the Zaandam on the 7th October 1890, i have checked the passenger list no James Kelly or John Miller on it.

Have you read James Kelly,s murder trial of his wife on the www.oldbaileyonline.org website 30th July 1883. Intresting reading.

Ian
    Last edited by Adam Dalgliesh; 07-11-2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Although the program states that there were murders across the US in cities where Kelly was staying, the program failed to actually document these supposed murders and offered no proof that they had any connection (if they happened at all) to James Kelly. I was one of the people the production company consulted when they were making the documentary and I pointed out to them that I could find no murders that corresponded with Kelly's vague stories of his travels. They ignored me and apparently found their own.

The programe surgested James Kelly/John Miller went to America on the Zaandam on the 7th October 1890, i have checked the passenger list no James Kelly or John Miller on it.
      Kelly arrived back in England from France sometime in January, 1892, and borrowed money from friends to travel to New York on board the Zaandam (sailing from Rotterdam). This was in early 1892 not in 1890 (something I also pointed out to the film makers) and Kelly, therefore, was not in New York when Carrie Brown was murdered in April of 1891.

Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by peterJB View Post
        According to information from December 1888 Kelly escsaped to France where he was to stay for 3 years. Are we aware of any similar murders to occur in France? On 1/4/2011 in Australia was the showing of "Jack the Ripper In America" where a cold case detective purports that Kelly possibly committed similar murders across the US. This is based on his travels in the US as taken from his statement years later. If this is the case could we not surmise that there would be similar murders in France during the 3 years he was there? What did he do in the 3 year period?
        Great question, Peter. I'm really getting interested in Kelly as an extremely viable JTR suspect. If he was, and if his account of his movements is truthful, then I would argue that France - and not America - would be the most likely spot for more Ripper-like murders to have occurred. The information on his suspect page states that he traveled from England to the northern coast of France and ultimately to Paris. Is there any more specific information as to his whereabouts in France other than this?
        Last edited by Barnaby; 10-06-2012, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X