Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Lechmere have his own thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben View Post
    Really? I kind of don't.

But I'm open to correction, of course.

It seems you missed my point, which was to highlight the inconsistency of championing the views of "renowned researchers" on the subject of this particular Hutchinson, when you're quite happy to reject those same "renowned researchers' views on the subject of Fetchbeer.
    But they are different matters, Ben. Didnīt you know?

Philips Sugden never looked at Lechmere as a suspect.

Does that mean that I cannot appreciate him as a very good researcher and point to his conclusions in different matters? Is that so?

That would be descending into Kindergarten thinking - "you disagree with X about which shoes are the more comfortable, so how can you agree with him about which gloves are the more durable?"

You see, Ben, this is one of the reasons that you and I should keep our dealings to an absolute minimum - you do not have the rationale required for a nuanced and thoughtful debate.

On this thread, I am therefore done debating with you. I will do my utmost to reach the same status on other threads where we have unfinished business.

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
      Given the sheer amount of discussion about the man spread over dozens of threads, why doesn't Lechmere have his own thread.

I'm not particularly a supporter of his candidacy, but looking at the suspect list already existing he deserves to be there more than some on the list.

It would definitely tidy up the myriad of conversations about the man.
      Because we're busy and no one asked us to.
      Last edited by Admin; 09-29-2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Because he was a witness not a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          Because he was a witness not a suspect.
          Well then, John, you may want to know that he just turned a suspect on these boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Well then, John, you may want to know that he just turned a suspect on these boards.
            Still a witness in my book.

Comment

To Fisherman

Yes but he's not considered one of the main suspects. And I quote from the suspects page ' By some counts, more than 500 individuals have been put forward by various experts, historians and theorists - most based on flimsy or non-existent evidence'. The latter part certainly applies to Lechmere a witness who has been turned into a suspect on flimsy or non-existence evidence.

Cheers John

Comment

Joining esteemed company such as Prince Albert, Alfred Napier Blanchard, & Lewis Carroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                  Joining esteemed company such as Prince Albert, Alfred Napier Blanchard, & Lewis Carroll.
                  And soon or not so soon to be revealed Pierre's suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                    Plus, not to forget, on boards with participants like you!

I blush.

Comment

Working...
                    X