AUssie rules football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUssie rules football

I'm watching an Aussie rules football match. Lol.

It's like watching a bunch of drunk sailors fighting over the last nickel in the bar at closing time.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

It's like watching a bunch of drunk sailors fighting over the last nickel in the bar at closing time.
    Careful there old son, Steady won't like that.

Who's playing.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Careful there old son, Steady won't like that.

Who's playing.
      I don't remember but it was good game apparently. Very close, back and forth, I fell asleep it was like 64-70 !

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I prefer Gaelic football...mostly because the referees seem normal.

Mike
        huh?

Comment

Theres a great Vid on youtube somewhere where they play a game thats a mixture of Aussie rules and Gaelic football...Aus V Ireland...The whistle blows for the start of the game and everyone more or less immediately start fighting...

Comment

Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
            Theres a great Vid on youtube somewhere where they play a game thats a mixture of Aussie rules and Gaelic football...Aus V Ireland...The whistle blows for the start of the game and everyone more or less immediately start fighting...
            The Aussies hate the Irish players because they are professionals and the Irish are amateur. The pros absolutely cheat and use illegal contact, anything to win and avoid humiliation.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
              It's called international rules, not a bad game actually.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

They looked drunk.... must have been watching my Lions

well they looked good two weeks ago.....but still last place is last place....

Steadmund Brand
                "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                  They looked drunk.... must have been watching my Lions

well they looked good two weeks ago.....but still last place is last place....

Steadmund Brand
                  it was actually a great game and I enjoyed watching it-I just cant remember the teams. It was late Friday and I was enjoying a few cold ones. lol!
                  Incredibly fast paced and back and forth and very physical to say the least!!

I remember one team was like in yellow and black-striped too I think.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Maybe Richmond then, but can't find a score of 70-64 recently.
                    G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Maybe Richmond then, but can't find a score of 70-64 recently.
                      that's what the score was APPROX when I fell asleep with several minutes before the game ended.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Yellow and Black... maybe Hawthorn (he would have remembered if it was my Lions.. .first off.. there is a Lion on the jersey and 2nd.. he wouldn't have been able to fall asleep due to the laughter at their pathetic play this year )

Steadmund Brand
                        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
                        X