X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
    So what IS an 'oreo cookie'?

Graham
    I feel bad for you. You MUST experience an Oreo cookie or you have not truly lived your life to the fullest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenda View Post
      I feel bad for you. You MUST experience an Oreo cookie or you have not truly lived your life to the fullest.

Couldn't agree more, a damn fine sandwich!

Lets just hope a pic of Mike eating an oreo materialises, or a dusty old receipt from Co-op!

That'll surely put the final nail in the coffin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post
        Lets just hope a pic of Mike eating an oreo materialises
        That would really take the biscuit!
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          That would really take the biscuit!

Well, thats how the cookie crumbles my friend

Comment

• I just Googled 'oreo cookie'. Nothing special about them - we have very similar things here, but as I don't normally eat such junk I can't comment any further.

Graham
            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
              I just Googled 'oreo cookie'. Nothing special about them - we have very similar things here, but as I don't normally eat such junk I can't comment any further.

Graham
              Agreed

But I'm a sandwich short of a picnic (apperently) so please take my opinion with a pinch of salt (or bone black or arsenic if you're all out of salt)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenda View Post
                Tastes a bit like I imagine bone black would taste. One of my least favourite biscuits in fact.

I would prefer a jammie dodger.

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• These days I just make a big effort to limit my intake of sugar, which is now loaded into virtually every commercially-produced foodstuff you can think of.

Anyway....back to the black powder.

It was actually discovered in the spine of the book by Dr Eastaugh who thought it was possibly purified animal charcoal a.k.a. bone black. Whether he analysed it or not I don't know. At any rate, Shirley Harrison did a bit of background, and found that in the 1886 edition of Squire's Companion To The British Pharmacoepia bone black has, quote, 'the property of counteracting the effects of morphine, strychnine and aconite (arsenic)'. And 'these poisons may be swallowed with impunity if due proportion with purified animal charcoal'. I'm sure that bone black had various domestic and medicinal applications in those days, but given James Maybrick well-known taste for arsenic, I just thought it sounded...er...interesting.

Graham
                  We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                    Charmed, I'm sure.

But where is your evidence that Mike ever bought or borrowed 'a load of books on James Maybrick', or even on JtR for that matter?

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    I got the impression from posts by David on this very thread that Mike had taken a load of books out on James Maybrick. If David has not said this then I am wrong. However you'd be better off taking it up David.

Comment

I don't know about such people, John. I can't open my own mind to what I find a completely idiotic attachment to Mike's equally idiotic, drunken forgery claims. Only if he could have pinched someone else's creation without their knowledge or approval, might I then be open to the possibility that the writing is more recent than the 'prior to 1970' date which the Rendell team finally settled on.

I do know I have a leg to stand on, however. In fact I have two. I used them to dance with less than a week ago.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      I've no doubt Mike is a buffoon but even a buffoon could have forged the diary and certainly someone close to a buffoon could have forged the diary.

Comment

You might want to read your own posts properly, John. Just a thought.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        I do read my own posts properly.

Comment

If it was ever thrown into a skip. That claim IMHO was only made by Eddie Lyons to distance himself from allegations that he had taken the diary away from the house.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          Pick and choose to your hearts content, In fairness though your honest opinion means zilch to me. It was stated that it had been thrown into a skip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
                            Pick and choose to your hearts content, In fairness though your honest opinion means zilch to me. It was stated that it had been thrown into a skip.
                            But don’t you know that’s the way in ripperology, accept the parts of a story that fit your position, reject the other bits.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              But don’t you know that’s the way in ripperology, accept the parts of a story that fit your position, reject the other bits.
                              That's the way of those that have theories with holes in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                                That's the way of those that have theories with holes in them.

Like your theory Mike Barrett collated James Maybrick literature...

You NEED to do better than this, John 'UNSPECIFIC' Wheat...

Comment

Working...
                                X