No announcement yet.

New PC game features the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Time After Time": what a great, fun, even poignant film (directed in typically smart style by Nick Meyer who also rewrote the script). I loved it when it came out-and David Warner does his thing so well-could that have been his first uber-villain?
    The modern-day sequences were great fun, what with MacDowell trying the "fries" and subsequently recommending a "nice little Scottish place"-McDonalds!

On an almost totally unrelated note, one of my colleagues at work was the great-grandson of H.G. Wells--Simon Wells. His illustrious ancestor fills me with awe. I've realy been unable to imagine him as not being Malcolm McDowell (who btw in real life married his "Time" costar Mary Steenburgen).

Comment

This game is what sparked my major interest in the case (I had heard some details before but nothing particularly in depth).

It is true that there are a lot of menial task to be performed but it's an adventure and mystery game and it helps make it more challenging I suppose in place of more elaborate puzzles that don't exactly fit a subject like JTR. And if you end up getting stuck, there's a walkthrough on gameboomers you can go to. I use them. Michael is right, it does get better and picks up pace.

But you just have to be patient. If you've gotten there, Sherlock expressed the same frustration of being run around rather well.

"Waston if this man ends up refusing to speak to us until we find his pet cocaroach, there will be another murder in Whitechapel...yours!"

Have any of you played the other four games in the series by any chance?

Comment

The game itself is pretty dreadful.....but.

If you can put up with it, then it's well worth it just to walk around the murder sites themselves (and in the Eddowes case actually carry a lantern at Mitre Square & Goulston Street in order to see what the Policemen would have seen) & get a feel of what they looked like. The re-creations are superb (sadly almost nothing of Millers Court) & the 'deduction' and 'timeline' screens are a great aid to investigating the killings.

If you can put up with very very weak puzzles & plotline then do it, you wont be sorry.

No 29 Hanbury St (door open)
        Last edited by Sox; 12-24-2009, 06:29 PM.
        protohistorian-Where would we be without Stewart Evans or Paul Begg,Kieth Skinner, Martin Fido,or Donald Rumbelow?

Sox-Knee deep in Princes & Painters with Fenian ties who did not mutilate the women at the scene, but waited with baited breath outside the mortuary to carry out their evil plots before rushing home for tea with the wife...who would later poison them of course

Comment

Backyard of No29

Dutfields Yard & Workingmens Club

Gate Partly open, showing position of Strides body.

Mitre Square seen from Church Passage.

Goulston Street
          protohistorian-Where would we be without Stewart Evans or Paul Begg,Kieth Skinner, Martin Fido,or Donald Rumbelow?

Sox-Knee deep in Princes & Painters with Fenian ties who did not mutilate the women at the scene, but waited with baited breath outside the mortuary to carry out their evil plots before rushing home for tea with the wife...who would later poison them of course

Comment

Goulstone St Graffiti & Apron Piece.

Comment

Of course there wasn't much on Kelly, at least at the scene. They toned down the brutality of the murders just a tad by using 2D models when you examine the bodies, but I don't think that would have worked so well with MJK. I mean, that considering the quality of the visuals, would you want to see her in that kind of quality, even 2D?

Comment

Originally posted by Reynard View Post
                I mean, that considering the quality of the visuals, would you want to see her in that kind of quality, even 2D?
                You mean, as opposed to being able to see the real thing, just by typing Mary Jane Kelly into Google? Be serious please.

Comment

You make a good point. This is what can happen when I try writing something late at night when my ADHD medicine is wearing off.

What I was trying to say was that, while there are photos, this would have been 3D and in color. The game designers may have been trying to keep the rating down and if they included an exaimination of MJK, it might have pushed the game to M I would think.

Besides, by this point in the game, Holmes already has enough to identify Jack visually and enough to find him, and his experiments afterwards provided enough data (and made Watson vomit ).

Comment

I not a gamer, however I fancied a go and bought it.

Graphics look very good. Not exact but Im being uber critical. Look into the rest of it laters.

Monty
                    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
                    X