Whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitechapel

Hi all, according to another site I go on,not Ripper related,ITV have just announced a JTR three part series called "Whitechapel".They didn't say where they'd found it,but did say what actors were in it,but as usual, mind like a sieve, i've fergotten!! Anyone else heard about this one?

Sounds intresting Anna, do you have a link to the site?

Here is the IMDB entry for it,

Set in 2008 and against the hugely atmospheric background of Whitechapel, London, a modern police force are fighting an old adversary. A series of bloody, tragic and impossible crimes would suggest someone is carrying out copycat Jack the Ripper murders. The murders are investigated by our three unlikely heroes: Chandler (Penry-Jones), a fast-tracked, media savvy DI on his first big murder case; Miles (Phil Davis), nearing retirement, a front-line, hard-bitten DS, and Buchan, the eccentrically brilliant Jack the Ripper tour guide.

Were have i heard about an eccentric Ripper tour guide before??

Mike
    Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,just chit-chat amongst the girls on a fanbase for one of our actors,what book they were reading,looking forward to watching on the box,that sort of thing.They had nothing other that the name and one of the actors in it,doesn't mention where they found out about it,looks like what you've found is correct.Do we know when it will go out?

Comment

It doesn't say when it is either due to be made or due to be released, just that it is in pre-production!!

You can tell the girls it features some young buff stud!!!

Mike
        Regards Mike

Comment

This was the upcoming series I mentioned on the last podcast. I read about it somewhere on How's forum, god knows where the thread is...

JM

Comment

Hi Mike
            It appears that the series is due to be shown on ITV this coming autumn.
            This is from the Evening Standard:

A MODERN day Jack the Ripper will go on a killing spree in one of three new dramas to be broadcast on ITV this autumn. Whitechapel stars British actorRupert Penry Jones, 37, as a detective on the trail of the copycat killer

Comment

It sounds intresting, I expect they are cashing in on the 120 year aniv!!
              Regards Mike

Comment

Sponsored, no doubt, by something inappropriate like Pledge instead of Gilette.
                Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

"Hi I'm Barry Scott and this is Cillit Bang and we sponsor Whitechapel, the TV series, get rid of blood stains with a Bang!"
                  Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                    "Hi I'm Barry Scott and this is Cillit Bang and we sponsor Whitechapel, the TV series, get rid of blood stains with a Bang!"
                    Britain smiles and America scratches its head.

PHILIP
                    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Hi all- Yes this is to be screened in the autumn on ITV in production with Tightrope Pictures.
                      These hefty links may help!
                      ITV1 will add a touch of the macabre to its schedule this autumn with a gruesome modern-day Jack the Ripper drama starring Rupert Penry Jones. By Jemima Kiss

or http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newss...ads-itv-autumn

If they dont type Whitechapel ITV series into Google (pages from the UK)

Suzi x

Whooooo hoooo they DO work!!
                      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Thanks all, now I know why Whitechapel came into the discussion on the other forum I go on. The actor Rupert Penry Jones is in Spooks and our actor was seen sitting in a car with him at lunchtime in London last week, being filmed for an episode of Spooks or an offshoot of the programme.The someone posted that PRJ was to be in Whitechapel.Thanks for the links Suzi,the Autumn seems a long way off,hope it's not crap,as I'm looking forward to seeing it now.

Comment

I too am excited by this, it is rare a decent television programme comes along. I usually miss 1 episode and it all goes to pot, i lose concentration trying to cath up.

Roll on Autumn!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

Story of my life Mike!!! and it's not only TV progs that it happens with!!
                            Suzi x
                            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Oh, this is unbelievable - but fun.

I've just had an e-mail from our publisher (of TLoJtRTaN). They have given clearance for this very programme to use Rob's and mine's book as a prop in the show! It is apparently going to be passed around the squad room as source material!

No, it's not April 1st. What a laugh, eh?!

PHILIP
                              Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Working...
                              X