No announcement yet.

Lechmere The Psychopath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have so far not commented on my post on the "two men" Thain saw, Steve...?

Comment

• He didn't say I think I detected ...

He said I DETECTED

No doubt here to take place , he was not sitting in a cafe with his friends talking about what is going outside..

He was at the inquest, in front of the coroner... he was talking about a murder

He said Sure he detected, they stopped and went to the woman to Examine her...

All this is not a possibility in my world!

Comment

• Is this applicable to the issue of breathing/no breathing? It was posted by a PhD and MD (Stanford) in neurophysiology with 30 years of experience:

"Clinical death means cessation of heart beat ie cardiac arrest and cessation of breathing i.e respiratory arrest. Of all the organs brain is most susceptible to ishchemic injury. After clinical death, loss of conciousness will occur almost immediately. Brain activity cannot be measured in 20 to 30seconds. Irreversible brain injury occurs within 3 minutes. That means even if CPR is successful brain function cannot be recovered. But actual cell death i.e necrosis takes place only after few hours".

If this is correct, does it mean that breathing cannot occur after 20-30 seconds after the blood supply to the brain is cut off? Since there is no brain activity telling the muscles to contract? Please remember that I am no medico myself, I am just trying to grasp the topic as best as I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          Thatīs not how uncertainty works for me. If somebody says "I think I saw a man there", I donīt count it as a larger chance that there was nobody because the certainty was not there.

But it is a fairly academic issue anyway.
          I base it on his responses as listed in the 10 reports I quoted earlier in this thread. To me he seems genuinely uncertain, but as you say an academic issue really

Steve

Comment

• That is what I am talking about..

Brain activity cannot be measured in 20 to 30seconds

No chance for a phantom killer in my world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
              That is what I am talking about..

Brain activity cannot be measured in 20 to 30seconds

No chance for a phantom killer in my world.
              I think we need to hear what others have to say too, Rainbow. But my gut feeling goes along with you, as I said.

Comment

Oh, but surely there is no animosity per se against discussing Lechmere out here?
                Not from me, I don't think he is the killer but that's it.
                I agree it was very heated over the weekend. Thread closed, warnings given to some posters.
                It certainly did not help to have posted that if anyone didn't accept Lechmere it was because they were writing a book on another suspect.
                Tempers flared, I do hope that has now passed.

It rather a good debate now.

Steve

Comment

He didn't say I think I detected ...

He said I DETECTED

No doubt here to take place , he was not sitting in a cafe with his friends talking about what is going outside..

I think the Daily News is the most adamant source: "He and the man examined the body, and he felt sure he detected faint indications of breathing."

So itīs not as if you have no case, on the contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                    Not from me, I don't think he is the killer but that's it.
                    I agree it was very heated over the weekend. Thread closed, warnings given to some posters.
                    It certainly did not help to have posted that if anyone didn't accept Lechmere it was because they were writing a book on another suspect.
                    Tempers flared, I do hope that has now passed.

It rather a good debate now.

Steve
                    Letīs enjoy it while it lasts!

Comment

Thank you Abby as well..

Yes indeed, , It was one of the biggest mistake of Police in history!

For me, the breathing evidence is conclusive, Lechmere did it, he was Jack the Ripper, there was no place .. and no time for another killer whatsoever!

Lechmere was Jack the Ripper!

I am interested more now to know if any of the letters was authentic.
                      Dear Rainbow,

what you now call "the breathing evidence" is a reference to Paul made by Cross-Lechmere in a newspaper article (Daily Telegraph) and it is not very valid since it contains the most common word used by Fisherman for every bit of so called "evidence" in the Lechmere idea:

"The other man, placing his hand on her heart, said "I think she is breathing, but very little if she is." (ibid.)

IF.

Cheers, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                        I base it on his responses as listed in the 10 reports I quoted earlier in this thread. To me he seems genuinely uncertain, but as you say an academic issue really

Steve
                        I just posted this Daily News quotation to Rainbow: "He and the man examined the body, and he felt sure he detected faint indications of breathing."

Nothing genuinely uncertain about that, but I know others say "he fancied he felt a movement" and so on. Generally speaking, though, I find Rainbow may well have a better case than "some" (ehrm) are willing to admit...

Maybe we should leave it there, though. We wonīt get any further.

Comment

You have so far not commented on my post on the "two men" Thain saw, Steve...?

I did Fish, post # 685.
                          I did not make those comment, I was responding to the poster who did.

Steve

Comment

Letīs enjoy it while it lasts!
                            ... which was all of three minutes.

Comment

He didn't say I think I detected ...

He said I DETECTED

It depends on which report you read Rainbow

Steve

Comment

I just posted this Daily News quotation to Rainbow: "He and the man examined the body, and he felt sure he detected faint indications of breathing."

Nothing genuinely uncertain about that, but I know others say "he fancied he felt a movement" and so on. Generally speaking, though, I find Rainbow may well have a better case than "some" (ehrm) are willing to admit...

Maybe we should leave it there, though. We wonīt get any further.
                                You two make a great team.

Comment

Working...
                                X