No announcement yet.

25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not impossible that Barrett was a seasoned writer who played the fool so as to properly deceive the public.

I've got no evidence for this, but such evidence may not readily exist. There's this bloke down the pub, and he knows another bloke who says that some people do this sort of thing.

Funnily enough, this one bloke knew Barrett, and he said Barrett was just playing a role, and was very capable of pulling a con.

Prove that I'm wrong.

(And, hilariously, some people actually think that this is how logic works)

Comment

• Well there were some big claims made in the OP of this thread. Questions about the Diary such as "When was it written? Where was it found?" were supposed to have been finally answered. Of course, they have not been answered at all. We just have some more arguments.

My own response to Robert Smith's book would have been too long to post in this forum so I have written an article which I have published on my website. The link to the article, which I have entitled, "Robert Smith and the Maybrick Diary: The False Facts Exposed!", is:

There is a fair amount of new information in there and, if I say so myself, some groundbreaking research on the issue of the state of Gladys Maybrick's health.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
        Well there were some big claims made in the OP of this thread. Questions about the Diary such as "When was it written? Where was it found?" were supposed to have been finally answered. Of course, they have not been answered at all. We just have some more arguments.

My own response to Robert Smith's book would have been too long to post in this forum so I have written an article which I have published on my website. The link to the article, which I have entitled, "Robert Smith and the Maybrick Diary: The False Facts Exposed!", is:

There is a fair amount of new information in there and, if I say so myself, some groundbreaking research on the issue of the state of Gladys Maybrick's health.
        I'm getting a "Page Not Found" error, David. Something may be wrong with the link.

Comment

Well there were some big claims made in the OP of this thread. Questions about the Diary such as "When was it written? Where was it found?" were supposed to have been finally answered. Of course, they have not been answered at all. We just have some more arguments.

The link is currently out of service, David. Surely you haven't been hacked by the diary team!

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
            The link is currently out of service, David. Surely you haven't been hacked by the diary team!
            Maybrick may have struck again!

Comment

Congratulations on your discovery of the historically well established fact that there can be both true and false facts.

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike J. G. View Post
                I'm getting a "Page Not Found" error, David. Something may be wrong with the link.
                Strangely there's nothing wrong with the link if you copy and paste it into your browser.

But trying to click though I also find an error.

Try this...same link re-pasted without the "http" bit at the start...seems to work for some unknown reason!

Comment

Hi David
                  I just read your article. Brilliant as usual-another tour de force of research and analysis and writing. Great job!!
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Thank you very much Abby.

Comment

Strangely there's nothing wrong with the link if you copy and paste it into your browser.

But trying to click though I also find an error.

Try this...same link re-pasted without the "http" bit at the start...seems to work for some unknown reason!

www.orsam.co.uk/maybrickthefalsefacts.htm
                      Cheers, I'll give it another go.

Comment

Thank you very much Abby.

Hi David,
                        I assumed this was coming.
                        Link working ok for me if slowly. Will read tonight

Steve

Comment

• Well I considered for at least 10 seconds splashing out the money for this latest work of fiction. Thankfully I spent the money at a local Wetherspoons which is housed in a former post office - not the Poste Haste but the Penny Black.

Comment

Very interesting David. Some great research.

Wonder how team diary will respond, it's their big day this weekend.

Steve

Comment

• I'm still reading it. Spot on so far, nice attention to detail, which is something that the diary proponents are sorely lacking.

I imagine all of this will be largely ignored and avoided.

Comment

• Mike Barrett, a writer?! But he was just a mere simple man who enjoyed the ale!

Surely a coincidence, unlike the Poste House reference!

Comment

Working...
                                X