Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruce Robinson ' s theory. ..what do we think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Robinson ' s theory. ..what do we think?

Hi all,
    Well I'm well into "They all love Jack- Busting the Ripper" and enjoying every minute so far.
    He certainly doesn't hold back, especially when it comes to certain Ripper authors (a bit unfairly in my opinion ) I especially enjoyed his take on the Kelly murder and the crime scene photos.
    I can't wait for the **** storm, that surely is coming Bruce Robinson's way to arrive.
    Has anyone else started on this epic book yet? If so what we thinking?

Regards.

a GQ article/interview about the book

Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

GQ have presented it well.

The author states that the ripper took MJK’s guts out and burned them. I haven’t heard this specifically before, although it’s been mentioned that body parts were burned. Anyone know if this is an actual fact?

Also, the graffiti. Is it generally believed to have been written in this format? Juwes are / The men that / Will not / Be blamed for nothing.

Or just: Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing.

Regarding the provenance of the diary, Robinson also says the usual thing during the interview of ‘I know but I can’t tell you as I’d be in breach of the law’. That’s a pointless comment.

As for Michael’s disappearance, maybe he just wanted to get out of the public eye & enjoy his wealth? If he had wanted to remain hidden, he wouldn’t have been appointed Mayor of the Isle of Wight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Hayes View Post
        GQ have presented it well.

The author states that the ripper took MJK’s guts out and burned them. I haven’t heard this specifically before, although it’s been mentioned that body parts were burned. Anyone know if this is an actual fact?

Also, the graffiti. Is it generally believed to have been written in this format? Juwes are / The men that / Will not / Be blamed for nothing.

Or just: Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing.

Regarding the provenance of the diary, Robinson also says the usual thing during the interview of ‘I know but I can’t tell you as I’d be in breach of the law’. That’s a pointless comment.

As for Michael’s disappearance, maybe he just wanted to get out of the public eye & enjoy his wealth? If he had wanted to remain hidden, he wouldn’t have been appointed Mayor of the Isle of Wight.

Re the burning of body parts/organs I have never seen a single report that anything like that was found in the ashes, all that is reported were clothes.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I was going to add this book to my collection untill I read the interview he did with the telegraph the quote "the police didn't want to catch the ripper" so stupid to say the least
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Is this it then? Will this be the book to end it all?

"If I am wrong, then 12 years of research and documents dating back over 100 years are also wrong."

How about the "Ripper diary" found at James' house by the workmen?

"Ask Scotland Yard about the provenance of this document," he says, "and they will release no information. It's protected under the Official Secrets Act. I know exactly what the provenance is. I would be in breach of the law if I told you. What I can say is that the 'diary of Jack the Ripper' is not a diary at all. It's a document scrawled by this same psychopath implicating his brother. It includes the caveat that his wife knew."
            Didn't know that Scotland Yard had anything to do with that diary.
            JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
            JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
            ---------------------------------------------------
            JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
            ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
              Is this it then? Will this be the book to end it all?

"If I am wrong, then 12 years of research and documents dating back over 100 years are also wrong."

Didn't know that Scotland Yard had anything to do with that diary.
              Hi,
              According to the book, this was an avenue that Keith Skinner went down whilst employed as a researcher for Mr Robinson.
              He had to apply through the freedom of Imformation act....regarding certain info concernimg the providence of the diary....the police turned down it down

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                I was going to add this book to my collection untill I read the interview he did with the telegraph the quote "the police didn't want to catch the ripper" so stupid to say the least
                Hi Pinkmoon,

This book doth butter no parsnips.

There is a storm approaching methinks.

Phil
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                Accountability? ....

Comment

What the Dickens?

This quote comes from Dickens' "The uncommercial traveller" in a piece he wrote after inspecting a workhouse, from an inmate:

"But allow me, sir to mention it, as between yourself and a man who has seen better days,sir. The Master and myself are both masons, sir, and I make the sign continually; but because I am in this unfortunate position,sir, he won't give me the countersign!"

Seems the masons didn't always take care of their own.

And I'm not sure that the more powerful freemasons would pull out all the stops for a mere musician, however popular.

I want to buy the book, though, because he is supposed to have done a good deal of background research on the East End. Grateful if anyone who has the book could tell me if this is true.

Best wishes
                  C4

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                    Hi,
                    According to the book, this was an avenue that Keith Skinner went down whilst employed as a researcher for Mr Robinson.
                    He had to apply through the freedom of Imformation act....regarding certain info concernimg the providence of the diary....the police turned down it down
                    I of course meant "provanance"

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                      I find that really distasteful. By all means be critical of the contemporary police and accuse them of bungling the investigation if you want. Personally, except for the fiasco with the GSG, I think they did the best they could with the resources at their disposal. However, to claim that they were corrupt and deliberately let a violent killer run rampant on the streets is a whole other level of defamation.

Comment

Spyglass - if you do come across anything that it a game-changer, don't hesitate to share it!

Comment

I for one am keeping my eye on this thread hoping for some criticism of the book. Can't wait to read a few critical reviews. I'd like to hear some criticism on his Freemason angle, for one thing. All of y'all who are reading this, let us know what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            I find that really distasteful. By all means be critical of the contemporary police and accuse them of bungling the investigation if you want. Personally, except for the fiasco with the GSG, I think they did the best they could with the resources at their disposal. However, to claim that they were corrupt and deliberately let a violent killer run rampant on the streets is a whole other level of defamation.

Hello Harry,

From The GQ interview.. here are the words of Bruce Robinson himself...

"The majority of the London constabulary," Robinson argues, "were good for nothing but lying. They were a kind of tea-brewing Cosa Nostra, as corrupt as anything in the slums of Naples." One senior detective, he writes, "couldn't look at a bottle of ink without fishing it for lies"

Phil
                            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                            Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                              Hi,
                              QUOTE from Bruce Robinson "The ripper was smart, but not that smart. It is simply an insult to the Victorian police to believe that detectives like Moore, Reid and Abberline couldn't have caught this P###k in their sleep"
                              Also the GSG fiasco features very heavily in this story.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                              X