Best Ripper Suspect as Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
    unfortunately you can't. I have the same problems in Canada. Because of copyrights laws. check Amazon FAQ
    Is it a transfer problem, or a device problem? (Yes, I realize that a copyright block is not really a problem per se, but bear with me) if I bought a UK device, could I use it in the US to read things from the UK site, or will they not transfer? If I am ever in the UK, can I transfer things to my US device from Amazon.uk?

Or is my only solution to buy a UK device, and have a UK friend download books to it, then mail it to me, and every time I want to read new books, send the device back to my friend? I am not about to do this. It's not that I don't have good friends in the UK, I just can't afford another device, or the postage. But interesting dilemma, since I used to get books from Amazon.uk all the time, and DVDs too, since I figured out how to crack the region code and upload them to my computer.

I remember back in the 80s, ordering publishers catalogs from UK publishers, searching for books not available in the US, and the glee on entering a London bookstore in 1985. Amazon.uk brought all that to my living room, and now the move to electronic media may take it away. Drat.

Well, maybe Trevor will figure out some way to get his book to us deprived Americans.

Comment

I'd say my favorite idea for Ripper fiction would be something tying in to the Servant Girl Annihilator case. I would have the book take the angle that they were the same killer, and it was the Malay cook suspected in the Annihilator case.

Wouldn't hold up under factual scrutiny, of course, but it would be a fun one to explore in fiction.

Comment

Working...
      X