No announcement yet.

for those new to the case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the post though and welcome to the forum!

Comment

thank you again.i know that post was an easy post not very down to the case i just thought it would be easier for those new to this to read this to get an easy view of the case.a place to start off.
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Hey, dont worry about it, you can put what you like, we all have to start somewhere, and we are all learning, infact the day you stop learning you turn into a fool...!

Comment

now down to the good stuff.I wrote a new post on one idea i have come upon maybe some of you can take a look and see what you think.
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
            thank you again.i know that post was an easy post not very down to the case i just thought it would be easier for those new to this to read this to get an easy view of the case.a place to start off.
            Corey123,

I swear that - if I didn't know better - you must have been a Sock Puppet for me (you'll be relieved to know you're not).

Your well-meant (if utterly surreal) posting provided Pontius2000 with the Funniest Reply of 2009 - so thank you for the original, and to P2K for his or her response. I'm still smiling inanely, though many regulars to these shores will confirm that that tells you nothing new about me.

Another reply broke my smile into a twisted cringe, and a tea-lashed splutter (I now have a slice of lemon embedded in my stapler). 'It's' - as we all know deep down - is not about grammar, and all about spelling. The Grave knows it, but wisely kept his council (or is it counsel?) which is sadly more than I can bring myself to do. It is a little like saying that this website belongs to you and I, when the well-informed know that it actually belongs to you and me. Grammar and spelling are so important. They provide gravitas (often when it's undeserved - ha ha!), and they make the reading so much more pleasant.

Anyway, I digress. Welcome to the Jack the Ripper Casebook. Sometimes it's just like a kindergarden carousel, and in that respect you have 'got off' lightly. But you won't find that most American of signs anywhere in this playpark - for this is definitely not not a dark ride ...

Now, what was I saying about the importance of grammar?

PS Do you have any idea at all what happened to Lord Lucan?

Soothsayer
            He Knows Things, You Know

Comment

yes, my grammer isnt the best but what does it matter when the topic or belief in what the person writes is the most important aspect of a post. thank you all for your nice introductions.

yours truly
              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

yes, my grammer isnt the best but what does it matter when the topic or belief in what the person writes is the most important aspect of a post. thank you all for your nice introductions.

yours truly
                Hi Corey123,

Rest well, for any criticisms of grammar were not directed at you but at those who inhabit glass houses and wish to rid themselves of rocks in their possession.

You were the victem, Corey123, not the perpetrator of any literary crime.

Your Chum and Fan,

Soothy

Comment

yes, and like i said befor, if anyone is interested in looking at my most recent post LINKING and give me their views, i would be glad to reply to them on the subject of the canonical five being linked with the pichin street torso.

yours truly
                  Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

yes, and like i said befor, if anyone is interested in looking at my most recent post LINKING and give me their views, i would be glad to reply to them on the subject of the canonical five being linked with the pichin street torso.

yours truly
                    I would think that the best evidence of any possible connection of the Ripper murders to the Torso killings Corey is the corpse of Mary Jane Kelly. Her right arm is almost separated from her body, her head is almost cut off....and the damage to the right leg may be the early signs of a disjointing attempt.

What wouldn't fit with a Torso murder is the fact that he essentially strips the flesh from it and empties her midsection in room 13. The other Torso's had nicks or cuts, but nothing like that kind of damage.

Might this be indicative of a Torso homage by someone else,....the work of the same man that killed and made Torsos of the women that have their midsections turn up in 1888 and 1889, or just a coincidental feature of that last Ripper kill to the torso slayings?

One thing that troubles me about linking the two acts is that the Ripper made 80% of his alleged kills outdoors in public, and the Torso killer quite obviously had somewhere he could work, undisturbed, indoors. Why wouldnt the "Ripper" take his women to that same place if he is that same Torso killer? Either after he cuts the throats, or while he is picking them up?

Why would we have such polar opposite behaviors...brazen, daring, and risky outdoor kills.... juxtaposed with what may have been days or perhaps weeks of privacy with the deceased cutting them up?

Cheers Corey

Comment

yes

those are some good points..why would the ripper change his habitual ways of killing??that i dont know.but i am trying to find one thing that differs in the case of the pichin street torso from the rest of the torso murders.one tiny detail that alienates it from the rest, maybe medical,maybe the dates, maybe something else.all i know is i am either going to find that one peice that alienates it from the rest or im going to write a post on how the two killing sprees arent connected.

yours truly
                      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                      X