Just for the Jolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gareth,
    That last posting Gareth, causes me sadness, reflective sadness.
    Usually, infact always I believe, I reply respectfully to any comment. Your last rendition deserves, sadly only floccinaucinihilipilification.
    (The action of estimating as worthless) I'm sorry.

Suggesting any other occupation of anyone being there, that isn't mentioned in the press, is PURE SPECULATION. And it misleads any person reading it into believing things that are not printed as factual... by implication of non existance being worthy of consideration.

You might as well have said that they weren't mentioned, but The Bishop of Bath and Wells and a gang of hungry choirboys could have been among the crowd. It's frankly stupid.

Arguing is obviously your bent Gareth. I have looked at many hundreds of the 5,000 odd of your postings. and you consistantly counter argue, seemingly to the detriment of constructive addition to a thread. When you DO have something to add that is constructive, it can be brilliant. However, most of the stuff you reply with is negative I'm afraid to say.

Whether this is done on purpose to wind people up, I do not know, whether you think it is fun to be semantic, I do not know.
    I think that a man with your obvious intelligence would be better served trying to be investigative in positive research, instead of your Pythonesk arguing for arguing's sake against all and sundry.

I am not the first one to have said this kind of thing to you. I gently suggested to you that you are stubborn a while ago, which you denied.
    I am not the only one. Others have suggested you are just wrong, and you seemingly will never back down.

You obviously have a genial mind, with a magnificent memory, yet rarely, if ever, admit being wrong. Like I said, I am not the only one that sees this.
    I hope you can take this onboard in sober refectiveness.
    Hopefully you will be able, if you read all your own thread comments, see what you do, as you are clearly unaware of it.

My only reaction, is, as said, floccinaucinihilipilification.

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello Phil,
      Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
      You obviously have a genial mind, with a magnificent memory, yet rarely, if ever, admit being wrong.
      All I've done is to point out that there are one or two rational explanations for those people being in Dorset Street that do not require one to reach for the "Conspiracy" button. Ripper lore is stuffed to the gills with such theories, and each one has come a cropper in one way or another.

One would have thought that, had these VIPs been there in an official capacity, it would deserve at least a sub-head of its own, but we see no such thing. Indeed, the few reports that we have lump these visitors - amongst others unspecified - in with the working classes who thronged to Dorset Street in order to have a good old ogle. And why not? It's human nature, after all.

I don't apologise for taking a rational line in all this, nor do I see a need to change my approach to the case in that regard. That's not stubbornness, nor indeed floccinaucinihilipilification - it's just the way I'm wired.

I enjoyed your post, by the way.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
      X