X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protesters target Jack the Ripper museum as it 'glorifies sexual violence'

Daily Mirror Link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...target-6548582

Is this the place linked to the man who had the questionable shawl?

No, this is not the shawl guy. This is Mark Palmer-Edgecumbe who promised a woman's museum's and set one up instead to honor the killer of women.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Fictional Jack?

Originally posted by Ally View Post
      No, this is not the shawl guy. This is Mark Palmer-Edgecumbe who promised a woman's museum's and set one up instead to honor the killer of women.
      Perhaps he thinks Jack the Ripper was a legendary figure, since some of the people connected with this "enterprise" were previously linked to a Sherlock Holmes exhibit at 221 B Baker Street.

It's one thing to create a sitting room based on details in Conan Doyle's stories, and quite another to present a "museum" without real historical facts or artifacts.

It reminds me a tour I did in Tombstone, Arizona, featuring a stagecoach you could climb in and out of and waxwork dummies of lawmen and outlaws displayed to a soundtrack of shots and voices. Great fun, a bit of history, but more based on the "myth" of the Earp brothers than anything else.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
        Have a feeling there is/was a connection.

C4

Nope, whatever I read must have been wrong.
        Last edited by curious4; 09-30-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
          Have a feeling there is/was a connection.

C4

Nope, whatever I read must have been wrong.
          When the museum first hit the boards Edwards was named as being the (original ) o wner of the website
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Edwards originally owned one of the websites associated with the museum, but transferred it to the new owners earlier this year. He has publicly stated he's not involved.

Myself and Trevor Bond did an article in Rip issue 145 with a run down of the background to those involved and the events surrounding the opening. Could be worth you speaking to Adam Wood to get a copy if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
            X