Two questions about that night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions about that night...

First of all, sorry for creating a thread I cannot delete for two questions.

1- I seem to recall an animated map of witness and police moving (timeline) for the Buck's Row murder. I found the one for Kelly, but not the one for Nichols. Can someone point me in the right direction?

2- The fire at the dock. Do we know exactly where it was? I'm not familiar with the area. Is it somewhere on this map?

Thank you very much
    Attached Files
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

There were actually two fires that night in the docks. One was in an engineering warehouse, Dible and Co. at the Dry Dock at Shadwell. The other fire that lit up the night sky was at a liquor warehouse at the South Quay of the Pool of London.

Comment

thanks

Found this interesting newspaper article, for those interested. There are some inaccuracies, but it's well told.

Last edited by SirJohnFalstaff; 10-05-2015, 05:05 PM.
      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

It's strange how that account cites the Ratcliff Dry docks (near the Ratcliffe Highway, I presume) while so many other sources give Shadwell. Maybe there were three fires, or the Ratcliff Dry Docks was adjacent to Shadwell. I've long had a theory that the redness of the sky that night probably gave Jack a high and he decided to go and kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
          It's strange how that account cites the Ratcliff Dry docks (near the Ratcliffe Highway, I presume) while so many other sources give Shadwell. Maybe there were three fires, or the Ratcliff Dry Docks was adjacent to Shadwell. I've long had a theory that the redness of the sky that night probably gave Jack a high and he decided to go and kill.
          That's rather a poetic image, Rosella, and possibly true. Fires have a tendency to excite people, sometimes.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
            1- I seem to recall an animated map of witness and police moving (timeline) for the Buck's Row murder. I found the one for Kelly, but not the one for Nichols. Can someone point me in the right direction?
            Is this what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Zena View Post
              YES! thank you.
              - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Working...
              X