Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - by Fantomas 1 minute ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Time after Time: Did JtR have a watch? - by Batman 52 minutes ago.
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - by Trevor Marriott 2 hours ago.
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - by Harry D 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - by TomTomKent 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - (26 posts)
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - (15 posts)
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - (4 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (3 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Time after Time: Did JtR have a watch? - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Victims > Mary Jane Kelly

View Poll Results: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim?
Yes 67 82.72%
No 9 11.11%
Undecided 5 6.17%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2018, 12:17 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
You may want to expand on that, Mike. I see no irony at all in what I say, but you are perhaps thinking that pointing to Lechmere is a waste of space too? In which case you would be wrong.

But I really should not get ahead of things, IŽll just leave it to you to explain where the irony supposedly lies.

Making something of nothing and then mocking someone who you think does the same is ironic Fish. Historically there were dozens of people who happened to work in the area and happened to be in town the nights of the murder. Youve claimed that one of them should be a suspect based almost solely on that. Thats making something of nothing.

Last edited by Michael W Richards : 11-30-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:34 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Guy View Post
Mike

Yes, the list you have produced does have a few facts, but what they have to with the veracity of Israel Schwartz` statement, god knows.
Well Jon;

Number 1 means his story cannot be validated by anyone
Number 2 means his story was not relevant to Liz Stride Inquest
Number 3 means a witness who saw and heard things did not hear or see anything that Israel claimed
Number 4 means that we know she could hear bootsteps and hoof steps while she was inside her house.
Number 5 means that we can state she was where she said she was, which is corroborated by her sighting in Number 6
Number 7 proves that Fannys statement disproves Louis's contention.

Ergo, we have a witness that we can establish was there, was watching the street, could hear from inside her house, and did not hear or see anything that Israel says happened. That's how you challenge the veracity of the statement, and that how you can understand why he is not relevant to the Inquest.

Israel knew Wess, and Israels story about why he was there at 12:45 stinks...he likely attended the meeting and stuck around, and his story fortuitously grants immunity from suspicion on the club attendees because he includes details that suggest the attack began off site, and was done by a gentile who had antiemetic feelings. Instead of what we know at face value, that Liz wasn't seen alive by anyone after 12:35, and she wasn't seen by Fanny during the 20 minutes she spent off and on at her door from 12:30 until 12:50. In fact, we have 3 witnesses that say they were by the dying woman at 12:45, which directly contradicts Israel again.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W Richards View Post
Israels statement has no real bearing on what happened to Liz between 12:45 and 1am, particularly when she was perhaps cut as early as 12:46 in the passageway.
LOL. yeah no real bearing. he only saw a women getting attacked moments before her dead body was found feet away. By a suspect who not only was wearing a peaked cap but fit the general description of the other witnesses suspects that night.

Quote:
He isnt a part of the Inquest records, though he would have had to have been if he was believed because his story would have had relevance...so, he wasnt relevant. Thats all thats clear on the records, why they didnt believe him may have had something to do with the fact that, as I said, no-one corroberated his story, or because it came out that his story was altered to the benefit of the club because he knew Wolff Wess, ...I dont claim to know why, only that its clear he wasnt.

he didn't attest the inquest because he wasn't relevant???? according to you? or is that documented in the records somewhere? good grief.

Quote:
Schwartz cannot correberate himself, Marshall saw someone much earlier, Smith saw Wess, and Lawende may have seen Kate. None of which supports Israels story that at 12:45 he walked by the club gates and saw and heard what he claimed to see and hear.

you asked me what witnesses claimed to see a man with a peaked cap. I listed them. not sure what your babbling about now... and I don't care anymore.

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Old 12-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
LOL. yeah no real bearing. he only saw a women getting attacked moments before her dead body was found feet away. By a suspect who not only was wearing a peaked cap but fit the general description of the other witnesses suspects that night.

Im not surprised you dont understand the word relevant, few of your posts are. I already said before...over and over again for the challenged, that IF BELIEVED his story would HAVE TO BE IN THE INQUEST.

he didn't attest the inquest because he wasn't relevant???? according to you? or is that documented in the records somewhere? good grief.

Are you just being annoying again, or do you really feel that you should contest that remark? If his story was out before the Inquest, and not recorded in any fashion for the Inquest, he wasnt relevant. My god, the easiest concepts seem hard to grasp for some.

you asked me what witnesses claimed to see a man with a peaked cap. I listed them. not sure what your babbling about now... and I don't care anymore.

No, if youll check again I did not ask you that, I essentially asked what other witnesses saw anyone with that type of cap near to the location and time of the murder. Like Israel said he did.
There is zero proof that Israel was even there, let alone he saw what he claims he did. The people running the Inquest were not impressed with his story, thats a certainty. So....if you use Israel in your own bizarre storyline about what actually happened back then you will be sure of one thing....the wrong answers.

This isnt about Liz Strides murder here anyway, if I hadnt have had to deal with some ridiculous comments we could be back on the Kelly case.

My patience with bs, poor reading skills and misinformation has peaked.

Last edited by Michael W Richards : 12-02-2018 at 11:49 AM.