Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Cross the Ripper got involved in the investigation. Why did he stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Hmmm... Sounds like I'm conflating the two incidents, but there was definitely one witness who claimed that an unidentified man passed him and made a comment about the murder.
    that's starting to ring a bell with me too. I'll have to research that.

Columbo

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post
      Not to change subjects but I picked up your last book and found it very interesting. I was very intrigued by your examination of the Swanson marginalia and a few other bits of information.

Not that my opinion matters but if others haven't read it, they should.

Columbo
      Well thank you for the kind comments

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post
        that's starting to ring a bell with me too. I'll have to research that.

Columbo
        I think you may be thinking of the Nichols' murder and Patrick Mulshaw, a night porter working at the Working Lads Institute. Someone walked by just before 6am and said something like, "Watchman, I think someone has been murdered down the street". He then went to Buck's Row.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
          I think you may be thinking of the Nichols' murder and Patrick Mulshaw, a night porter working at the Working Lads Institute. Someone walked by just before 6am and said something like, "Watchman, I think someone has been murdered down the street". He then went to Buck's Row.
          that may be it. Sounds familiar.

Columbo

Comment

Blood "evidence" is - in my view - a stretch. Again, it's adjectives attributed by reporters, editors, etc
            Not really, no. It's adjectives used by eye-witnesses (as reported in the newspapers). In other words, the evidence of eye-witnesses about the blood. In other words, blood evidence. We've been all over this and the problem is that the evidence is not conclusive as to timing.

Comment

• The person who mentioned a man telling him a murder had been committed was Patrick Mulshaw,a witness at the Nichols inquest.He was a night watchman,whose location that night was a board of works site,which was,in a direct line,given as only thirty yards from the murder location.The site was in Winthrop St.Could have been a short cut to Bucks Row.,so really cannot leave him out of the reckoning.
              Might appear to be nit picking,but the evidence only ties Cross,alone,to the murder site,not to the murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                The person who mentioned a man telling him a murder had been committed was Patrick Mulshaw,a witness at the Nichols inquest.He was a night watchman,whose location that night was a board of works site,which was,in a direct line,given as only thirty yards from the murder location.The site was in Winthrop St.Could have been a short cut to Bucks Row.,so really cannot leave him out of the reckoning.
                Might appear to be nit picking,but the evidence only ties Cross,alone,to the murder site,not to the murder.
                Yeah that sounds like nitpicking

Seriously though, you're right. But that's not a bad starting place.

Columbo

Comment

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks.

Originally posted by harry View Post
                  The person who mentioned a man telling him a murder had been committed was Patrick Mulshaw,a witness at the Nichols inquest.He was a night watchman,whose location that night was a board of works site,which was,in a direct line,given as only thirty yards from the murder location.The site was in Winthrop St.Could have been a short cut to Bucks Row.,so really cannot leave him out of the reckoning.
                  Wasn't this approximately an hour after Polly had been killed? I know people like to speculate that the killer would revisit the murder scenes for kicks, but a more innocent explanation is that this guy was a passerby and nothing more.

Comment

• It is stated that Mulshaw,after being told of the murder,went to Bucks Row,and joined the group that was gathered around the body.
                    So seems he was told much earlier than 6AM.
                    This information is from Witnesses,Nichols murder on this site.

Comment

• Detective Sgt. White's encounter near Mitre Square

Originally posted by Columbo View Post
                      Wasn't there also a report of a PC being greeted by a man coming out or around an entrance to Mitre's Square as well?

Columbo
                      This thread may discuss what you're thinking of about the policeman, Columbo.

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                        This thread may discuss what you're thinking of about the policeman, Columbo.

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=8565
                        That's the one! Thanks PC!

Columbo

Comment

• Originally posted by miss marple View Post
                          He was on his way to work and found a women in heap either drunk, dying or dead. Being a concerned citizen he stopped to investigate and involved another passer by and a policeman. They are facts, everything else is speculation, so a thread entitled ' So Cross the ripper got involved in the investigation why did he stop ' is sheer fantasy.
                          It presumes Cross killed Nichols, so must have been the ripper, so must have killed all the others, so must have involved himself in the investigation of the others, but he did'nt so that is weird!

Dear oh dear. I suppose Fisherman will come back with some sledgehammer response.. It is a mountain of speculation built on the fact that Lechmere had two names, not uncommon in the east end. Some of my ancestors used different names.

No one has proved Lechmere was a 'wrong un, a psychopath or broke the law. The actual evidence as opposed to the speculation is that Lechmere was a hard working family man who raised sucessful children but nobody is interested in that, its not sexy.

Miss Marple
                          I normally am just a reader of this forum, and don't post anything, but I decided to make an account today just for you

You do know BTK was a stand-up family man and leader in his local Church right? Not saying Cross was JTR, but we can't dismiss him based on him being a family man.

Also, John Wayne Gacy was voted Man of the Year once in Chicago. We all know how that turned out.

Comment

Working...
                          X