Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Time after Time: Did JtR have a watch? - by Batman 28 minutes ago.
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - by Trevor Marriott 1 hour and 15 minutes ago.
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - by Harry D 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - by TomTomKent 3 hours ago.
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - by Michael W Richards 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - (26 posts)
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - (16 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (3 posts)
General Discussion: My profile of the ripper - (3 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Time after Time: Did JtR have a watch? - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Books > Ripper Authors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
If you use the kindle search engine and type in "The search to conclusively prove the real identity of Mary Kelly, has been ongoing for many years"

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Yuk yuk yuk

The words of the imortal Johnny Rotten come to mind.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Last edited by Abby Normal : 11-01-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-02-2018, 12:41 AM
Debra A Debra A is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Yorkshire England
Posts: 3,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarnett View Post
Did Amazon apologise with a packet of Paxo?
No, they could see I'd already been stuffed paying a fiver for the book.
__________________
,,`,, Debs ,,`,,

I am not DJA. He's called Dave.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-02-2018, 12:45 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 11,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarnett View Post
Did Amazon apologise with a packet of Paxo?
A sage observation from someone who knows his onions.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Gtzendmmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-02-2018, 12:50 AM
PaulB PaulB is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
If you use the kindle search engine and type in "The search to conclusively prove the real identity of Mary Kelly, has been ongoing for many years"

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
This is your third edition of this book, which began life as The Secret Police Files, so don't you think your readers, the people you want to invest their hard-earned money in your book, deserve to be given clear guidance to what the new information is for which you want their money, and where they can find it? Using Kindle search is great for those who have sacrificed a book they've already paid for to get the new Kindle version, but what about those who took the plunge and bought your paperback? How do they find the new information without trawling through a book they've maybe already read twice?

You are selling a product, you are claiming that the product contains new and important information. Don't you think you have a moral responsibility to tell all your potential readers where that information is?

New and important information, Trevor. It doesn't appear to be there, Trevor. People can't find it. Don't you think you have a moral obligation to help people recognise it?
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-02-2018, 01:33 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
This is your third edition of this book, which began life as The Secret Police Files, so don't you think your readers, the people you want to invest their hard-earned money in your book, deserve to be given clear guidance to what the new information is for which you want their money, and where they can find it? Using Kindle search is great for those who have sacrificed a book they've already paid for to get the new Kindle version, but what about those who took the plunge and bought your paperback? How do they find the new information without trawling through a book they've maybe already read twice?

You are selling a product, you are claiming that the product contains new and important information. Don't you think you have a moral responsibility to tell all your potential readers where that information is?

New and important information, Trevor. It doesn't appear to be there, Trevor. People can't find it. Don't you think you have a moral obligation to help people recognise it?
I clearly state that this is a revised edition, which contains new evidence and new facts and I have publicly stated what is now in the book. I have also stated that it contains material previously published which is true.

The new book was previously only available in kindle and i have now made it available in paperback for those who do not like kindle books.

The problem is as I see it is that you and others are only interested in some of the new stuff, which I accept, but there is no use in moaning when you cannot find what you are specifically interested in when you cant find it on your first try. because I can assure you if you take the time to read it and understand where the new stuff appears then all will become clear.

My advice is read the book in its entirety

So I have not cheated anyone.. It has taken me many years, a lot of time and money has been spent to get to where I am now with it.

It will be a valuable acquisition to all those unbiased members of the ripper forums, and members of the public who are interested in the mystery.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Last edited by Trevor Marriott : 11-02-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-02-2018, 03:25 AM
PaulB PaulB is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
I clearly state that this is a revised edition, which contains new evidence and new facts and I have publicly stated what is now in the book. I have also stated that it contains material previously published which is true.

The new book was previously only available in kindle and i have now made it available in paperback for those who do not like kindle books.

The problem is as I see it is that you and others are only interested in some of the new stuff, which I accept, but there is no use in moaning when you cannot find what you are specifically interested in when you cant find it on your first try. because I can assure you if you take the time to read it and understand where the new stuff appears then all will become clear.

My advice is read the book in its entirety

So I have not cheated anyone.. It has taken me many years, a lot of time and money has been spent to get to where I am now with it.

It will be a valuable acquisition to all those unbiased members of the ripper forums, and members of the public who are interested in the mystery.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
I know very well what you state and how clearly you state it, Trevor, which is why I dropped 10 to buy your book. More to the point, I have bought both previous editions and read them with great care and attention. I have no particular desire to read your book a third time. I have paid 10 specifically for what you describe as “new evidence” and “new facts” that help dispel “the myth”, and also describe as “new important aspects” (whatever that means). I have spent time going through the book in search of this exciting new material, but it isn't obvious and I want to know where I can find it. Why can’t or won’t you point me or others to that new information?

Yes, I and other people want to see the new information. What is strange about that? It shouldn’t pose a “problem” for anyone, should it Trevor? We’ve paid to see it. You have taken our money to see it. All you are being asked to do is to show us where it is.

Getting the new information isn’t a puzzle we have to solve, Trevor. We shouldn’t have to wade through you book a third time to stumble across it. I haven’t accused you of cheating anyone, Trevor. I’ve just asked for page numbers where I can find the new and important stuff I have just paid you 10 to read.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-02-2018, 05:44 AM
Debra A Debra A is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Yorkshire England
Posts: 3,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

The problem is as I see it is that you and others are only interested in some of the new stuff, which I accept, but there is no use in moaning when you cannot find what you are specifically interested in when you cant find it on your first try. because I can assure you if you take the time to read it and understand where the new stuff appears then all will become clear.

My advice is read the book in its entirety

So I have not cheated anyone.. It has taken me many years, a lot of time and money has been spent to get to where I am now with it.
Well I certainly feel cheated out of my 5, Trevor. You advertised 'new facts' and information in the updated version of your book and listed them. One claim was a new possible identification of MJK. I have bought and read five of your books now, including previous editions of this particular book and as you say, I am only interested in what is new for this edition and I haven't found any 'new facts' at all. Your blurb is totally misleading and I have been conned in to parting with 5 on the strength of it.
__________________
,,`,, Debs ,,`,,

I am not DJA. He's called Dave.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-02-2018, 06:19 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is online now
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,011
Default

how many of trevors ripper books are basically the same book but with just "new" material and updates added?
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-02-2018, 07:00 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra A View Post
Well I certainly feel cheated out of my 5, Trevor. You advertised 'new facts' and information in the updated version of your book and listed them. One claim was a new possible identification of MJK. I have bought and read five of your books now, including previous editions of this particular book and as you say, I am only interested in what is new for this edition and I haven't found any 'new facts' at all. Your blurb is totally misleading and I have been conned in to parting with 5 on the strength of it.
Let me put the record straight because I am fed up with some on here constantly whinging and whining.

What was posted in #1

A new suspect for the murder of Mary Kelly
A motive for the murder of Mary Kelly
A conspiracy to cover up the Mary Kelly murder
Mary Kelly finally identified?
The emergence of a new and never before seen photo of Mary Kelly
New evidence in the case against Walter Sickert
Mitre Square crime scene revisited with both new, and new medical evidence
The report of an alleged murder of an unknown female in Whitechapel at the time of the murders, and the conspiracy, and conspirators involved in the cover up of that murder.
New images not in the original kindle publication

Now everything related to the above and more are to be found in the book.

It is not for me to point out specifically where all of this can be found. It is for the reader to read the book and find out for themselves. If they dont want, to or cant be bothered then it is still for them to open their eyes and spend a few moments perusing the respective chapters where the new stuff can be found.

After all if you purchased a murder fiction book would you go straight to the last chapter to find out who the killer was?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-02-2018, 07:06 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
how many of trevors ripper books are basically the same book but with just "new" material and updates added?
What would you suggest I do post all the new stuff and updates on here fro free, and have the usual small minority of hatchet men and women rip it to pieces as I expect them to do. If they are going to do that then they might as well pay for the privilege to do so.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.